Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Meets and Greets / Wrenching

Post subject: all jeepinininers!!!! EDITED FIRST POST HAS POSSIBLE PLANS!
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:35 am 
saint bernarded

As of now, plans are near Mississinewa, because we want to make sure everyone is included. Camping can be done, but no one has to stay. The wekend is TBA, but I want to do it before 4th of july, before mid June. If you plan on camping, polease let me know and we will probably have it on Saturday to Sunday. If no one does. we will probably just have it Sunday. For food, eveyone should bring a little something because Im pretty sure no ones got the money to feed us all. Also, BYOB. Please tell me how many people (approx.) you will bring, if you plan on camping, where you are coming from, what food you may bring and if that weekend works for you.

SO FAR:

Alpine 2 adults 2 kids
tellozzy 2 adults 1 kid
04Willys 2 adult
yatejn01 2 adults 1 dog
jeepgyrl 2 adults 2 kids

Last edited by yatejn01 on Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: all jeepinininers!!!!
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:03 am 
mr. snuffleupagus

:? I like it

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:08 am 
a naked man tit in a highschool locker room

make it a sunday and I am there. :)

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:09 am 
saint bernarded

Sundays are good for me too!
:tu2:

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:12 pm 
Thread Necromancer

Where at?

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works, yeah, still have those parts.
'14 Chebby Silverado, 4x4
'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:17 pm 
saint bernarded

id say a park or someones house in the country.... that way if we have a ton of people and their families were not the street with jeeps

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:57 pm 
Smokey rolls

im game i prefer sunday just cause i have to work everyonce in awhile on saturday but either way count me in

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:35 pm 
yatejn01 wrote:
id say a park or someones house in the country.... that way if we have a ton of people and their families were not the street with jeeps

we were gonnaa do a park last year...but you have to pay to get a pavillion for $100-$200 at franke or shaoff parks and have to reserve it ahead of time...not being a "club" there is no fund for things like that :acclaim: and being that alot of people on here are jobless, laid off, or just plain broke it can be a problem IMO :acclaim:

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:53 pm 
Luigi

i think that would be an awesome idea, i know exactly where we can do it. its on the east side. its a park called paulruster park there is a pavilion that doesnt cost anything and there is a playground for kids and very spacious parking lot for the jeeps. there is also another place in greenfield thats strait down U.S 40E. its a park called Riley park free pavilions, play ground, basketball ct, and tennis ct. and we are feeling frisky there is a baseball diamond and we could get a game of softball going, and again a very spacious parking lot. also there are grills there for public use too. ill take a run to riley park and take pics tomorrow if you guys are interested. and if it carries on into the night we can head to my place and have a bonfire, and for those who get alittle carried away with drinking i have a large barn with a couple of horse stalls (i have no horses) that we can toss them in :D

2" rear BB
31x11.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws
16"x10" w/ 4.25 Backspacing Rockcrawler Rims
http://www.HoosierTruckClub.com
Image]ImageImageImage

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:10 pm 
mister wiskers

We could also do it here at my house, kinda like the 101 course a couple years ago. Matter of fact, we should probably do the 101 thing every spring, to freshen all of our memories for the season ahead.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:15 pm 
Luigi

im game for anything

2" rear BB
31x11.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws
16"x10" w/ 4.25 Backspacing Rockcrawler Rims
http://www.HoosierTruckClub.com
Image]ImageImageImage

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:22 pm 
saint bernarded

im game for both ideas! any idea what weekend we wanna do this? and im guessing sunday is the bestday, too

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:24 pm 
Thread Necromancer

What about something a little south of Ft. Wayne, to make it easier for the people that live south to meet up? There is a descent amounbt of people on here from Indy and what not too ya know...

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:16 pm 
Male nurse in training

Like Decatur, I have had bonfires at my place before. Let me know if you guys want to do something here. Boogers and shit!!

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:24 pm 
Pap's mirror

if were gonna do it realistically it should be done more towards like wabash or maybe even north manchester. thats is about kinda in the middle of everyone i think. i mean im all for having it at toppers but it wouldnt be right to make everyone drive to here IF everyone truly wanted to do 1. do we have anyone that lives around those ares?

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:29 pm 
Male nurse in training

Kari's one step sister lives in north webster...Boogers and shit!! or we could go to chris's house in winnoa lake.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:44 pm 
mr. snuffleupagus

kennedy wrote:
What about something a little south of Ft. Wayne, to make it easier for the people that live south to meet up? There is a descent amounbt of people on here from Indy and what not too ya know...

x2
There are a few that are south of indy as well. I think it should be around wabash, kokomo, logansport area or even peru. just looking at the map. it is close enough for everyone in the area.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:03 pm 
mr. snuffleupagus

What about Mississinewa or Salamoni. if its warm enough the kids or adults could swim. I know salamoni has picnic areas, plus there are picnic tables at the beach. Its been years since Ive been to mississnewa, so I dont really remember what is there, I know it would be closer for us to the south to make it to that place

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:26 pm 
Sounds great were in for wherever.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:02 pm 

What about my place. I am back in goblesville. Plenty of yard. Got bonfire space and a park with basketball and ball diamond about 2 miles down the road. Out in the country so we can be noisy the ability to drink (may not be able to at a public park). Garage to work on shit and lots of room to do about anything we want. Hell I have enough room to shoot a 100 yards if we wanted. I also have plenty of room in the house to crash if need be.

Edit: for those that don't know goblesville is about 5mi north of huntington. For those who made my last bonfire.....well you know where I am.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:08 pm 
saint bernarded

im up for anything! so weve got a sunday in the middle of indiana... id offer up my coreys parents place but its in laotto, the opposite direction

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:15 pm 
Pap's mirror

Watchamaklit wrote:
What about my place. I am back in goblesville. Plenty of yard. Got bonfire space and a park with basketball and ball diamond about 2 miles down the road. Out in the country so we can be noisy the ability to drink (may not be able to at a public park). Garage to work on shit and lots of room to do about anything we want. Hell I have enough room to shoot a 100 yards if we wanted. I also have plenty of room in the house to crash if need be.

Edit: for those that don't know goblesville is about 5mi north of huntington. For those who made my last bonfire.....well you know where I am.

i was wondering about your place dave. not sure if its far enough south/west for some of the farther south ppl. you were actually my 1st thought.... :smileyroadkill:

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:09 am 
Thread Necromancer

Blue wrote:
What about Mississinewa or Salamoni. if its warm enough the kids or adults could swim. I know salamoni has picnic areas, plus there are picnic tables at the beach. Its been years since Ive been to mississnewa, so I dont really remember what is there, I know it would be closer for us to the south to make it to that place

Mississinewa would be cool. There are lots of areas around there to go...

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:13 am 
Blue wrote:

grew up camping at salamonie res....planned on goin there our first camping trip of the season. :acclaim:

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:35 am 
Likes dudes pitching tents

Watchamaklit wrote:

I vote on Dave's place! We can all go wheeling on the golf course next door in the middle of the night. :)

"McDonald's was giving me the run-around, so you can understand where that's coming from," -- Moore

"I'm eating my McDonald's. I come outside. I see this girl going nuts trying to get out of a house." -- Charles Ramsey

“My reaction, I mean, I’m kinda scarred. I want to, you know, I want to be able to know more, you know, cause I having a son and I’m about to raise him right in this house so when you guys tell me a dead body, I’m like, you know, I’ve never seen no activity, you know, for nothing bad… I don’t know,” -- Ciera Richter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KANI2dpXLw

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:37 pm 
saint bernarded

Alpine wrote:
Watchamaklit wrote:

I vote on Dave's place! We can all go wheeling on the golf course next door in the middle of the night. :)

:eyebrows: :eyebrows: :)

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:27 pm 
spackled

Whatchamacallit" wrote "For those who made my last bonfire.....well you know where I am."

You're assuming they have a clear memory of that evening?

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:45 pm 
Dirty tranny

AWESOME IDEAS
wherever we will be there
will contribute ideas later going to maybe change tranny filter with new filter and i have 5 qrts atf+4

BE GOOD AT IT!!!!![/color]

GOD,
grant me the serenity to accept the impossible trails i cannot crawl, the courage to crawl the twisted trails i can, and the wisdom to keep the tire side down!

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:02 pm 
spackled

Most Sundays would work for us, anywhere within an hour or so of the Fort.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:07 pm 

Sunday would be best I think. Some of us have to work on saturdays (Retail sucks my ass). My place is available whenever. I am working on a good source for pallets. If you guys know where I can get some let me know. Right now I have a pretty good brush pile accumulated but don't think it will make it through the night the way we go through it.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:33 pm 
mr. snuffleupagus

It is a great idea and all, but that does not help us that are from the rest of the state! Im going to have to say pass, because if you want people from Indy to come out we have to have it some where where we dont have to drive 2 hours to get to. and what about the ones that live south of Indy? Or the ones in Lafayette? or Kokomo? Im mean if this is for all the jeepers in Indiana, then we need to be outside of Fort Wayne and vicinity

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:40 pm 
Smokey rolls

only thing bout state and city parks and campgrounds is there is no drinking allowed in the pavillion area and quiet time comes pretty early wich the drinking thing aint a huge deal for me but im sure is for some just a suggestion

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:52 pm 
Pap's mirror

Blue wrote:
It is a great idea and all, but that does not help us that are from the rest of the state! Im going to have to say pass, because if you want people from Indy to come out we have to have it some where where we dont have to drive 2 hours to get to. and what about the ones that live south of Indy? Or the ones in Lafayette? or Kokomo? Im mean if this is for all the jeepers in Indiana, then we need to be outside of Fort Wayne and vicinity

yup. got the guys up in south bend also.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:01 am 
saint bernarded

we could always set a date a little farther out, that way we can request off if needed and plan a day of meeting and greeting with all the jeepers in central indiana

Post Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:27 am 

I am not trying to push just letting everyone know what I have to offer. :tu2:

Post Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:31 am 
Pap's mirror

Watchamaklit wrote:
I am not trying to push just letting everyone know what I have to offer. :tu2:

:tu2:

Post Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:42 am 

Blue wrote:

If you bring your bigass tent, you can always crash at Dave's place. :)

"McDonald's was giving me the run-around, so you can understand where that's coming from," -- Moore

"I'm eating my McDonald's. I come outside. I see this girl going nuts trying to get out of a house." -- Charles Ramsey

“My reaction, I mean, I’m kinda scarred. I want to, you know, I want to be able to know more, you know, cause I having a son and I’m about to raise him right in this house so when you guys tell me a dead body, I’m like, you know, I’ve never seen no activity, you know, for nothing bad… I don’t know,” -- Ciera Richter.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:43 pm 

Alpine wrote:
Blue wrote:

If you bring your bigass tent, you can always crash at Dave's place. :)

That is a fact PLENTY of flat yard space. :cheers:

Post Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:03 pm 
spackled

Blue wrote:

Not tryin' to be a jerk about it, just sayin'.... All it takes to make it happen somewhere more centrally located is for someone in that area to post up a date and location and see who shows up. Do a little research, there's got to be 100s of good locations. No matter where you have it, there will be some that can't make it because of the time distance, but you'll also get others that didn't make it to different locales.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:31 pm 
saint bernarded

AMXtogo wrote:
Blue wrote:

Not tryin' to be a jerk about it, just sayin'.... All it takes to make it happen somewhere more centrally located is for someone in that area to post up a date and location and see who shows up. Do a little research, there's got to be 100s of good locations. No matter where you have it, there will be some that can't make it because of the time distance, but you'll also get others that didn't make it to different locales.

agreed with both--im going to keep looking to friends and such, see if anyones got a place

Post Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:13 am 
Thread Necromancer

I agree with Blue that it would be nice to to something a little more centrally located in the state. Dave's place is cool and all; but its still a good hour from here, and 2 from Indy, yet 20 minutes from Ft. Wayne.

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower

Post Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:39 am 
Baby puncher

you also have to take into account how many folks would be coming from fort wayne vs. how many from outside fort wayne. It certainly doesn't make sense to have it 2 hours from fort wayne, if 30 people from fort wayne are attending, just so that 2 or 3 other people have a shorter drive. I agree it shouldn't have to be in fort wayne, but that's where our biggest concentration of members is.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:51 am 
Lights fires at 3am & makes syrup

Location and date are always up to the host. Someone has to organize.

Sure, I would prefer something "closer to home", but, then, I'm not organizing anything either.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:35 am 

Well, I'll meet up anyplace with enough warning and provided no famliy emergencies keep me from going. Figure it out and let us know. :)

Post Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:41 am 
Pap's mirror

jen. you brought this yup...you need to say know so everyone knows...are you doing this? i mean are you gonna do all the lookin and everything to get it set up? just a suggestion then..

you need to ask for ppl to post up as to who is INTERESTED in doing this so you have an idea of who is coming and where they are coming from. that will help you KINDA figure out a location. if you have any idea of where EVERYONE is coming from. ft wayne and indy..1.5 to2 hr drive and the same for south bend. if nobody from SB are coming then we can move the meet south. if the same amount of ppl from SB want to attend as the same amount from indy want to attend then move the meet westward. ya need an idea how where they are coming FROM now an exact count of how many yet. then once you get a location picked post it up and then ppl can say yes i will show or no i wont.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:24 pm 
Thread Necromancer

I like the idea of Mississinawa that Blue posted...

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower

Post Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:27 pm 
Pap's mirror

kennedy wrote:

i think thats a very good idea. but wouldnt that be like a 3 hr drive from SB....IF anyone comes?

Post Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:29 pm 
Thread Necromancer

PapsOldDually wrote:
kennedy wrote:

i think thats a very good idea. but wouldnt that be like a 3 hr drive from SB....IF anyone comes?

Can't be taht far... Kokomo is only an hour and a half from SB... Miss. is about 40 minutes north east. I doubt it would be more than an hour and a half.

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower

Post Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:33 pm 
Pap's mirror

kennedy wrote:
PapsOldDually wrote:
kennedy wrote:

Can't be taht far... Kokomo is only an hour and a half from SB... Miss. is about 40 minutes north east. I doubt it would be more than an hour and a half.

oh ok. cool!

Post Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:17 pm 

Mississinewa would be sweet! :tu2:

Post Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:38 pm 
saint bernarded

PapsOldDually wrote:
jen. you brought this yup...you need to say know so everyone knows...are you doing this? i mean are you gonna do all the lookin and everything to get it set up? just a suggestion then..

you need to ask for ppl to post up as to who is INTERESTED in doing this so you have an idea of who is coming and where they are coming from. that will help you KINDA figure out a location. if you have any idea of where EVERYONE is coming from. ft wayne and indy..1.5 to2 hr drive and the same for south bend. if nobody from SB are coming then we can move the meet south. if the same amount of ppl from SB want to attend as the same amount from indy want to attend then move the meet westward. ya need an idea how where they are coming FROM meow an exact count of how many yet. then once you get a location picked post it up and then ppl can say yes i will show or no i wont.

im defintely thinking mississinewa (sp??) would be great---id wouldnt mind organizing with a little help--also, just for a headcount, can you PM me and say if you plan on going, where youre from, what day of the weekend you prefer(sunday is pretty popular), and maybe a date range? and if you have a good location, let me know!! thanks paps!

Post Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:24 pm 
Pap's mirror

no prob jen. not trying to tell ya how to do it, just trying to help a bit.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:36 pm 
Jeeper in IN

yatejn01 wrote:
PapsOldDually wrote:

you need to ask for ppl to post up as to who is INTERESTED in doing this so you have an idea of who is coming and where they are coming from. that will help you KINDA figure out a location. if you have any idea of where EVERYONE is coming from. ft wayne and indy..1.5 to2 hr drive and the same for south bend. if nobody from SB are coming then we can move the meet south. if the same amount of ppl from SB want to attend as the same amount from indy want to attend then move the meet westward. ya need an idea how where they are coming FROM meow an exact count of how many yet. then once you get a location picked post it up and then ppl can say yes i will show or no i wont.

im defintely thinking mississinewa (sp??) would be great---id wouldnt mind organizing with a little help--also, just for a headcount, can you PM me and say if you plan on going, where youre from, what day of the weekend you prefer(sunday is pretty popular), and maybe a date range? and if you have a good location, let me know!! thanks paps!

hey since this is your thread just a helpful hint with who wants to go as they say yes and what day post it up in the first post in your thread so everyone can see and to help keep track so everyone doesnt have to read through the whole thing

and ill be there and i prefer sunday :tu2:

4" rough country suspension lift 2" bds body lift ford 8.8 rear dana 30 front 33x12.50x15 bfg m/t with 15x8 procomp soft 8's 8000lb smitty built winch
dd saturn vue

Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:50 pm 
saint bernarded

04willys wrote:
yatejn01 wrote:
PapsOldDually wrote:

hey since this is your thread just a helpful hint with who wants to go as they say yes and what day post it up in the first post in your thread so everyone can see and to help keep track so everyone doesnt have to read through the whole thing

and ill be there and i prefer sunday :tu2:

thanks guys!!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:19 am 
Likes redheads from Disneyworld

I am up for anything. I work every other weekend, but I can make arrangements for that if there is plenty of notice.

Maybe it could be a camping trip at someone's place in the country. Camping for those of us that drink a little too much and don't want to drive home. I am thinking a Saturday evening into Sunday kinda thing.

I am for meeting whereever it works for the north crowd and south crowd.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:54 am 
Dirty tranny

yea that sounds great cathy and i can go camping as long as nobody brings up the topic of pop-ups touchy subject she wants a new one or semi-new we went to the rv show saw some nice ones thaat we probably could have gotten if i was workin a good payin job:tu2:
2 adults
1 granddaughter ?
kids camping? or just adults camping? either way cool with us
will be coming from north side of ft wayne

GOD,
grant me the serenity to accept the impossible trails i cannot crawl, the courage to crawl the twisted trails i can, and the wisdom to keep the tire side down!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:54 am 
Thread Necromancer

Camping at Miss would be cool

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:14 pm 
saint bernarded

im going to edit the first post will the ideas thus far--im just going to throw a date in there and if a dont like it, let me know!

Post subject: Re: all jeepinininers!!!! EDITED FIRST POST HAS POSSIBLE PLANS!
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:51 pm 
mr. snuffleupagus

yatejn01 wrote:
As of meow, plans are near Mississinewa, because we want to make sure everyone is included. Camping can be done, but no one has to stay. I was thinking the weekend of May 9-10. If you plan on camping, polease let me know and we will probably have it on Saturday to Sunday. If no one does. we will probably just have it Sunday. For food, eveyone should bring a little something because Im pretty sure no ones got the money to feed us all. Also, BYOB. Please tell me how many people (approx.) you will bring, if you plan on camping, where you are coming from, what food you may bring and if that weekend works for you.

SO FAR:

Alpine 2 adults 2 kids
tellozzy 2 adults 1 kid
04Willys 1 adult
yatejn01 2 adults 1 dog

I wont beable to that weekend.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:28 pm 
Smokey rolls

will be there from lil south of the fort but prob wont be camping the box on wheels wont pull the camper that takes the tahoe and dont really wanna bring the tahoe to a jeep get together. unless i can find a pop up (sorry had to throw that in) lol

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:50 pm 
Thread Necromancer

I'm a no go that weekend as well...

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:34 pm 
Dirty tranny

that works for us my b-day is the 8th party party

GOD,

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:54 pm 
Barefoot by the pool

It's hard to say just yet, but we'll try to be there once the date is set in stone I'll see if I can request it off. (my new promotion tho, might create a problem for me to get it off if I wait too close to it)

tenatively
2 adults
2 kids
dunno if camping or what.
might bring dogs....dunno but they are both friendly

Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:12 am 
Lights fires at 3am & makes syrup

Sorry. My mother says that weekend is definitely a no-go.

Cheers!

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:14 pm 
Dirty tranny

when is this camping trip? yes i am to lazy to scroll down but there r somany yes and no that not sure if it is still on or not also i may have accidently told mom i would build a deck on her lake propety txs sry

alright i could not wait on reply i see the date is for may 9-10 i dont think this will be a problem for us so count us in for 2 adults
where r we camping and can i make a reserv on-line if it's not a state park?

just wondering is that the weekend of mothers day? :?

GOD,

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:31 pm 
Cliché Master

i am up for this. depending on the weekend, i might have my military drill, but i can come out after that.
Mississinewa is centrally located. an hour from the fort, an hour or so from South bend, 40 minutes from Kokomo, about and hour from Lafayette, and 10 minutes from me.....

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:45 pm 
Dirty tranny

jkirisits wrote:
i am up for this. depending on the weekend, i might have my military drill, but i can come out after that.
Mississinewa is centrally located. an hour from the fort, an hour or so from South bend, 40 minutes from Kokomo, about and hour from Lafayette, and 10 minutes from me.....

BONUS FOR you HUH!!!! lol
i agree it seems pretty centrally located will see what south people say
i could go a little farther

GOD,

Post Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:27 am 
mr. snuffleupagus

Well technically speaking, if you want a central jeep meet, it really should be in the center of the state, hence Indy area. From what I know it is the most central city in Indiana. I recommended Ol' Miss, because I know no one from the north will come to Indy. But here is the problem. I have talked to alot of people around here, and south of here. They are not going to go, because it takes them at least a hour to get to just the north side of Indy. It takes me 30- 45 mins to get to the north side from where I live. But be honest If I was to say, "Lets have it at my place." How many from up there would actually come down? and be honest!!! hairy man boobs someone post up about a place in New Pal...No one posted up about it. That is the reason I didn't bring up my place. And I know half of you wont come out to my place

I know I will catch hell for this, but I am only speaking the grim truth. Now that I live down here I am more biased on doing a event down here, and who wouldn't be. It is closer for me!!!, so I understand Why you all want it to be up there. You have people on both sides saying they wont go past a certain point. I will be honest with you all. I would of never done or even thought about doing a Indy area event. I don't want any one to get all pissy about this, but I am just stating it the way I see it.

We need to remember what this whole thing is about. It is to bring all the jeeprs on this board into one place for a great meet. I know we have more members in fort Wayne than any where else. I also know that we have people in south bend. I also know we have people down in Evansville, and in Bloomington. How many will come from any of those areas? We may never know. just keep some of that in mind before setting dates, planing locations, and such. I may be late on putting this up, but I forgot all about it till someone posted about it.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:37 am 
mr. snuffleupagus

so I guess the easist thing to do would be get a head count from everyone, and where they live. I know there are more from fort wayne, but if there are a quite few from the south that post up, i say lets have it down here in indy. but if there is one 1 or 2, keep it up in Ol' Miss

I really think you should make this thing more into the summer, or even later. May tends to be a stormy month, and if you wait longer into the summer, more people may want to go

then determain where to have it.

I think some are using the Its too far thing as a excuss, when they just dont wanna go.

So if you wanna meet your fellow jeepers post up!!!

dont post up if you cant go just post up if you want to go.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:39 am 
Dirty tranny

i agree with blue we might have a better turnout if we do it later in the summer i personally would drive to indy for a day or weekend camping trip to meet jeepers from the south at least once a year blue is right this site is tio unite non member,no club, dont even think about using these words people who want jeep compadre's and not be required to pay dues just to hang out and wheel and shoot the shit
maybe we can do an annual (once a year) jeepininin camping trip in the middle of the state on the same date every year (not a holiday weekend so we all can camp 2-gether? that way no one can say not enough time to plan or get time off work also no complaints on how far to travel and if you dont want to go or cant then it is individuals own cause as to why they cant show up
what about down by the white river/deercreek or is that too far south of the middle of state we used to camp @ a place named riverbend right on white river had canoes,paddle boats,kyak's little store (9 miles away from deercreek) just thoughts?.
so just my 2 cents

GOD,

Post Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:27 am 
mr. snuffleupagus

Great idea Oz, but we do have a jeepininin camping trip, every year around the same time. It will alternate between pokagan and shades. this year is shades.

http://bbb.jeepininin.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18425&sid=6af6e1d66022c528b39e53d28b59d89f

Post Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:45 pm 
Dirty tranny

:doh: my fault silly me suppose if went to it i would know sry bout that tx blue

ok that is the weekend of sept 18-20 yea?
i believe we r planning to attend :tu2:

GOD,

Post Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:55 pm 
Dirty tranny

Blue wrote:
Great idea Oz, but we do have a jeepininin camping trip, every year around the same time. It will alternate between pokagan and shades. this year is shades.

http://bbb.jeepininin.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18425&sid=519fb7c1a7fded96f94931599270eb00

so somebody is trying to do a jeepininin campin trip in a couple of weeks ok i get it now well my thoughts r if we already have a yearly camp trip then all other camp trips r most definetly optional and should therefore complaint free
if ya show great if ya dont bummer maybe next time

i believe cathy and i will be going to shades this yr

GOD,

Post Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:15 pm 
spackled

yatejn01 wrote:
Please tell me how many people (approx.) you will bring, if you plan on camping, where you are coming from, what food you may bring and if that weekend works for you.

SO FAR:

Alpine 2 adults 2 kids
tellozzy 2 adults 1 kid
04Willys 2 adult
yatejn01 2 adults 1 dog
jeepgyrl 2 adults 2 kids

PM sent, 2 more

Post Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:30 pm 
Dirty tranny

i am sorry me and my family will not be able to attend i do apologize things r just not panning ou for us right now maybe next time or the yearly trip

GOD,

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:44 pm 
spackled

Is this still on? do we have a date? It's almost June. We're ready to get out and go somewhere!

Add us to the list, depending on the weekend. We do have the weekend of June 19th thru 22nd off, (our previous plans fell thru).
If we go, we will most likely camp the whole weekend.
AMXtogo = 2 adults, no kids, no dogs, no cares...
As far as food, we can bring whatever.

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Meets and Greets / Wrenching