Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Meets and Greets / Wrenching

Post subject: wrenching
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:53 am 
Dirty tranny

hey all i am looking for the proper tools to tighten down nut on pitman arm i went to auto zone to check on prices for the bushings for my tie rods and the guy there told me that my pitman arm apperared loose when i jiggled my wheel back and forth so i came home and got the nut to turn at least 4 times with a pr of vice grips(was very gentle not to tear nut up) largest socket i have is 31 and 1 1/4 open end and i think there might be a few more turns left in her also think this is giving me steering issues on top of steering box seal leaking call me 26-466-4695 :tu2:

BE GOOD AT IT!!!!![/color]

GOD,
grant me the serenity to accept the impossible trails i cannot crawl, the courage to crawl the twisted trails i can, and the wisdom to keep the tire side down!

Post subject: Re: wrenching
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:55 am 
I work at O'daniel ford in New haven. Today is no good for me, but if you can bring it by tomorrow between like 8 and 4, I can run it back on for ya in no time. My ZJ did the same thing. Only I didn't notice it till I had a bunch of slop in my front end. Go ahead and post up if that'll work for ya, If not, I'll bring home my impact and sockets, and we can hook up this weekend. I'm probably gonna be helpin goodfellazXJ hack up his XJ this weekend anyway.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:25 am 
Work at O'daniel Ford A.Used to go there alot when I worked for Ziebart detailing cars,that was a couple years ago now. Good luck on the steering issues ozzy hope you get her straight.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:21 pm 
Dirty tranny

philbert001 wrote:
I work at O'daniel ford in New haven. Today is no good for me, but if you can bring it by tomorrow between like 8 and 4, I can run it back on for ya in no time. My ZJ did the same thing. Only I didn't notice it till I had a bunch of slop in my front end. Go ahead and post up if that'll work for ya, If not, I'll bring home my impact and sockets, and we can hook up this weekend. I'm probably gonna be helpin goodfellazXJ hack up his XJ this weekend anyway.

sweet i can bring it by tuesday probably after 2 ish if thats good let me know and thanks

GOD,
grant me the serenity to accept the impossible trails i cannot crawl, the courage to crawl the twisted trails i can, and the wisdom to keep the tire side down!

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:33 pm 
I'll be there till probably 430 or 5 so that'll be fine. I have a '62 cadillac to get ready for paint, so I have a lot of square mileage to prep. the body shop is in the far back of the dealership(we're the redheaded stepchild of the dealership).

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:19 pm 
Dirty tranny

ok i got greasy sphincter pm so i will call when im enroute :tu2:

GOD,

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Meets and Greets / Wrenching