Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Meets and Greets / Wrenching

Post subject: FREE BEER!!!!
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:17 pm 
Dirty tranny

i have purchased a new steering box from autozone today and i am looking for someone to walk,talk me through the removal and install process i have all the tools i think except pitman arm puller and a socket big enough for the nut on the pitman arm i can do this in my driveway (level surface) or @ someone else place which ever is convenient i do not have a lot of $ to offer for help but i do have a case of budweiser and will buy lunch or dinner or both if neccesary i would like to do this on sat or sun pretty much im looking for somebody to stand around drink beer and tell me or show if neccesary what to do and in what order and what to look out for any takers?
also looking to borrow a pitman arm puller and a socket(i have a ratchet big enough) big enough for the nut on pitman arm? will take good care of tools and clean and or replace if broken
if there is anything that anybody thinks i may need and may not have lying around any tips or tricks or suggestions gladly accepted please call me 260-466-4695

BE GOOD AT IT!!!!![/color]

GOD,
grant me the serenity to accept the impossible trails i cannot crawl, the courage to crawl the twisted trails i can, and the wisdom to keep the tire side down!

Post subject: Re: FREE BEER!!!!
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:24 pm 
I can probably help ya do it!

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:43 pm 
Dirty tranny

allright sounds good

GOD,
grant me the serenity to accept the impossible trails i cannot crawl, the courage to crawl the twisted trails i can, and the wisdom to keep the tire side down!

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:10 pm 
Jeeper in IN

i got the pitman arm puller you can borrow when you plannin on doin this? i got sat and sunday free if you want to do it in my garage also got those wonderful air tools. but i dont know how to replace a steering box. tools i have knowledge i dont

4" rough country suspension lift 2" bds body lift ford 8.8 rear dana 30 front 33x12.50x15 bfg m/t with 15x8 procomp soft 8's 8000lb smitty built winch
dd saturn vue

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:21 pm 
We're gonna do it at my work probably on Sat. big compressor, and most of my tools are there. you are welcome to come hang out/help if you want. Goodfellazxj is gonna be there too. I'm gonna help him cut up his XJ! :eek2:

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:26 pm 
Jeeper in IN

what time saturday? i might come out. you got the pitman arm puller?

4" rough country suspension lift 2" bds body lift ford 8.8 rear dana 30 front 33x12.50x15 bfg m/t with 15x8 procomp soft 8's 8000lb smitty built winch
dd saturn vue

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:36 pm 
TBA I am going to give everyone a call tomorrow after I know exactly what'll be goin on for sure. PM me your number again, and I'll make sure to give you a call. maybe I'll even post up under meets and greets/wrenching, incase anybody else wants to stop by. I'm gonna be doing some control arm fab work while we're there, so I'll have the welder fired up if you need anything bird shit-ted together. I have a pitman arm puller floating around the shop somewhere, but bring yours just incase.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:18 pm 
Pap's mirror

philbert001 wrote:
We're gonna do it at my work probably on Sat. big compressor, and most of my tools are there. you are welcome to come hang out/help if you want. Goodfellazxj is gonna be there too. I'm gonna help him cut up his XJ! :eek2:

he need a cage built for that thing when your done?

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:31 pm 
Hey, If you guys are doing charity cages, I'll take 2! :2up:

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:41 pm 
Pap's mirror

philbert001 wrote:
lol. yeah, you and me both! :)

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:46 pm 
I'm gonna get his XJ up on the frame rack and pull that bumper straight. I think by the time we cut up his wheelwells, he might need a cage. He said it's pretty rusty. flares might be all that's holding her together! :?

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:47 pm 
PapsOldDually wrote:
philbert001 wrote:
lol. yeah, you and me both! :)

That's why I want 2, One for me, One for you! I'm lookin out for ya! LoL!

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:01 pm 
Dirty tranny

WOW!!! it's a wrenchfest
listen me and my wife r going to tesla sat nite so i need to be road ready by 5pm and i do mean road ready

hey phil i do need my muffler welded back together i have a bracket or 2 that popped loose

:tu2:

GOD,

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:12 pm 
I'll give you a call tomorrow, but as long as we can get started fairly early, it shouldn't be a problem. How early can you be up and at em? I don't think it'll take us more than a couple hours, but we should give it an extra hour just in case. I figure noon or 1 and we should be just fine.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:27 pm 
Dirty tranny

philbert001 wrote:
I'll give you a call tomorrow, but as long as we can get started fairly early, it shouldn't be a problem. How early can you be up and at em? I don't think it'll take us more than a couple hours, but we should give it an extra hour just in case. I figure noon or 1 and we should be just fine.

lets make it noon so that should be enough time 5 hrs? i hope lol
do i need to bring any tools just in case?

GOD,

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:34 pm 
nope, no tools. we'll be all set, and if you're up for noon, we'll have plenty of time to fix up you exhaust. I need to track down my pitman arm puller, but lance said he'd bring his just in case. I'm just gonna post up in wrenching tomorrow afternoon with specifics, and we'll go from there.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:50 pm 
Dirty tranny

you know its too funny i originally listed subject as "steering box" got 7 views no replys then changed subject to
"free beer" now it's a wrenchfest amazing :tu2:

kudos to all who offered there garage and tools txs to all :cheers:

GOD,

Post Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:26 pm 
OK guys, I'll be in the O'daniel ford body shop in new Haven at Noon tomorrow for anyone who wants to help/ hang out. We'll be putting a new steering gear, and welding some broken exhaust hangers in tell ozzy's TJ, we'll be cutting up the wheelwells on goodfellazxj's XJ, and I'll be working on fabbing up some low dough lower control arms for my XJ

Post Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:16 am 
Dirty tranny

philbert's the man good lookin out for ya fellow jeepers :tu2: :tu2: :tu2: :2up: :2up: :2up:

be there or be a honda civic! (just messin with ya nick lol)

GOD,

Post Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:22 pm 
Well Bill, hows that new steering gear holdin up for ya?

Post Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:57 pm 
Dirty tranny

TURNS LIKE A REAL JEEP NOW GOOD LOOKIN OUT PHIL :td: :cheers: :2up:
LET ME KNOW WHEN WE CAN STR8IN MY STEERING WHEEL NO HURRY

ALSO NO RATTLE FROM MUFFLER BRACKET WELDS THEY AINT PRETTY(BIRDNESTS) BUT THEY R HOLDING WELL
STILL WOULD LIKE TO PRACTICE MORE WELDING

GOD,

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Meets and Greets / Wrenching