Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Meets and Greets / Wrenching

Post subject: Building The Offroad course Sunday 830am for jeep jam
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:06 pm 
This Sunday, we will be bulldozing, bobcat, and using chain saws at the 53 acres that the poker run will be at, Craig Ruskaup has asked me to invite guys that want to help construct this course 10 am- 4 pm I need guys with chainsaws, and anyone who wants to creat our own offroading spot LEGALLY!!!!!! call me at (260)494-9684 - Matt, or call Craig Ruskaup at the O'Daniel's Jeep dealership/ I will see who the real Jeep freaks are, and who are the posers

Post subject: Re: Building The Offroad course Sunday Look how GAY I am!!
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:19 pm 
oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh can I drive the bulldozer.......I bet that I can remove a nice size tree with it!!!!! :thing: :thing: :thing: :thing: :thing: :thing: :thing:

Post subject: Re: Building The Offroad course Sunday Look how GAY I am!!
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:32 pm 
Pap's mirror

i just got a call from highrlr also. Odaniel jeep has been given permission to do this course build on private property, as you guys can now see, we...the guys of Jeepininin. have been asked to help build this course. they would like 10 to 15 ppl or as many as they can get with in reason. as xjryder stated there will be some heavy equipment there and if any one has any saws or any other hand tools they would be willing to bring out, that would be helpful also. even if you dont have saws or tools, just the extra man power will be helpful. as some are cutting trees down others can be pulling them out of the way etc, etc.

anyone willing to help needs to be at Odaniels jeep lot on sunday 9am. from there you will be told where we are going. again, this is on private property and they are asking that we do not tell anyone about it. it is to be built for the jeep jam and after that the owner will be closing it off again. this is a good chance for us to get out and custom build a course for what we like to do and for what we would like to do.

just for head count reasons who IS GOING to be able to make it out.

oh yeah, anyone coming out may wanna bring some bug spray.

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Post subject: Re: Building The Offroad course Sunday 9am for jeep jam
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:00 pm 
short bus

wow i went out to check out this land... looks like this could be a great time. i need to know who all is going so i can see if i need to find more people. understand we will need all of you to help by driving around the trails. well that is making trails. we will have a couple hills to climb, we also want to make some trails down to a pond and all the way around it. this is a great chance for people to help from our forum.... O'Daniel put alot of time and money into these events so lets show them how we all can come together and have fun while we do it.... :banana: :banana: and as Mike said!!!! bring bug spray... the will carry you away!!!!!

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:08 pm 
spackled

As of now, count me in. (I'll have a chain saw and hand tools)

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:47 pm 
Male nurse in training

I would love to help, I don't have a chain saw or anything. I have some hand tools. Since I don't really have anything let me know if I can still help. I can be the water boy :doh:

I did however hurt my foot tuesday, nothing major, but I would like to do what I can out there! sounds fun Boogers and shit!!

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:55 pm 
Pap's mirror

head count

xjryder
ROC
highrlr
papsolddually
amxtogo
95yjman
watchamaklit
boarderbm
goodfellez
highcenteredxj
1990_lifted_xj
xjtrey
tjman225

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:02 pm 
short bus

understand this will be more about driving the trails. we will have very little cutting to do....

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:04 pm 
Male nurse in training

Highrlr wrote:
understand this will be more about driving the trails. we will have very little cutting to do....

sounds even better!

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:31 pm 
a naked man tit in a highschool locker room

Count me in and the chainsaw issue taken care of. How many saws do you need me to bring? I have 4 runners ready to cut. I can possibly come up with more and more guys to run them. Someone hit me up with directions or where to meet. 260-519-1197

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:37 pm 
freezes his batteries off

I would be in, but I'll be in Michigan on my way back Sunday. This seems like a really great oppurtunity and also thanks to the property owner for allowing Jeep Jam to have such a place to hold part of the poker run. I will have to try and make that!

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:07 pm 
I can help, can bring the quad out if needed. Sometimes easier to pull trees out of the way than a jeep. Let me know

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:24 pm 
Pap's mirror

Watchamaklit wrote:
Count me in and the chainsaw issue taken care of. How many saws do you need me to bring? I have 4 runners ready to cut. I can possibly come up with more and more guys to run them. Someone hit me up with directions or where to meet. 260-519-1197

dave when ya come in 24 run north on 69 to the 69 & 14 interchange. go right(east) on 14 about 1/2 mile. odaniels car lot is on the right side of the road, just passed the meijer store. we shouldnt need anymore then your 4 saws. there are some of us that will bring a 1 also. there hopefully wont be to many to cut out.

boarderbm wrote:
I can help, can bring the quad out if needed. Sometimes easier to pull trees out of the way than a jeep. Let me know

brandon we shouldnt need the quad either but if ya want to it wouldnt hurt just in case. :tu2:

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:34 pm 
You can count me and highcenteredxj in :tu2: ,the wifes are having a baby shower sunday so we were gonna go wheelin anyway! :2up: I don't have access to any saws anymore,but do have plenty of experience running them if needed.9am sunday O'daniels.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:47 pm 
Jeeper in IN

as of right now i have nothing going on so i should be able to go... i have no saws however

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:14 pm 
Smokey rolls

will be there and come up with big or little saws so let me know also have quad if needed

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:18 pm 
Pap's mirror

xjtrey wrote:
will be there and come up with big or little saws so let me know also have quad if needed

dont think we will need brandons quad so i think his 1 will be fine. as far as saws go it sounds like that end is covered also...but it wouldnt hurt to throw it in the back and bring it on out just in case.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:32 pm 
Pap's mirror

as highrlr posted earlier, we will be cutting as little as possible out of our way. just enough to get the rigs through the woods and out. now with that said, i dont know how many of you guys have ever "cut a trail" but there is going to be more cutting then what some ppl think there will be. but, it will probably only be 1,2 or maybe 3 guys cutting at once so we dont over cut the owners property. last thing we want to do is just go in with saws running wide open cutting everything in site.

guys i am by no means wanting to sound like i am running this show, i am not. but we do need to remember that we have been asked to help out with this. its good for us to have that chance. we just need to remember this is not our land and its not giraffe genitals. as much as we would like to go in and just tear it up we cant. i know where we are going and if ya just go in full throttle there is a good chance you will end up in the bottom of a cpl good sized holes or even a pond. so until the trails get cut and we the "ok" from craig to run the trails we should try to keep a level head for a little bit. most of the weeds out there are over the top of most of the jeeps so we will in a sense be running blind for a bit.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:21 pm 
Dirty tranny

shit i would love to help but the wife has scheduled family pics for sunday so i am not able to help unless it rains then i am there 9 am on sunday od'z
and it sounds like you have done this before mike so as far as im concerned you are the man
who in there right mind just goes in and starts cutting everything in site? or wheelin like a madman? without direction as to what, where and when

BE GOOD AT IT!!!!![/color]

GOD,
grant me the serenity to accept the impossible trails i cannot crawl, the courage to crawl the twisted trails i can, and the wisdom to keep the tire side down!

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:59 am 
I will be at Haspin untill Sun eve, but let me know if you need anything next week.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:16 am 
Jeeper in IN

I am in. Saw and what ever tools. Shovels and what not. Its gonna be great

Post subject: Re: Building The Offroad course Sunday 830am for jeep jam
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:51 am 
Pap's mirror

i just got off the phone with john. as far as man power goes they feel that the guys who have posted up now are a good number to go with...lol....13...it is.

and the meeting time is now 830 am at odz office and we will follow them over to the clearing area. and this is a rain or shine event so if its raining bring your rain coat if ya need 1.

see you guys then

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:57 pm 
Thanks to all who is planning on going out to help/ it shows how much we as a group of Jeepers actually care about the local Jeep event , and the disabled veterans because as you know this is a benefit to raise money for local veterans and their families

Thank You

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:53 pm 
See ya there at O'daniels 8:30 sunday morning. coffee :2up:

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:30 pm 
a naked man tit in a highschool locker room

lol guess I missed the "meet at odz" I will see you guys there at 830

Post Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:37 am 
spackled

Other things to bring would be;
bug spray
bottled water
gloves
rain gear (hope we won't need it)
I assume someone will already have recovery gear with them.

Do we need to bring food, lunch, or is something already planned?

Post Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:36 am 
Pap's mirror

i posted up about the bug spray and rain gear, but yup the gloves and water too. i will have my recovery bag with me.

as far as the food kelly, i dont know. nothing has been said to me about it. may not hurt to through something in a bag just in case. :tu2:

Post Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:23 pm 
spackled

Cool

Post Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:02 pm 
Jeeper in IN

I wish i could go, but i"m working sunday so I can take the 10th off to be at the Jam.
If there's anything i can do next week, let me know, i have a few days off during the week and i'll be glad to do what i can. I stopped @ o'danials a few weeks ago and picked up some flyers, been posting them and handing them out.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:39 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Sorry I missed it. I had to work. I am available the rest of the week in the afternoons except Thursday if there is ant thing that needs finished up.

Dan
0lllllll0

Post Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:34 pm 
saint bernarded

just read the thread.. i had to sell bras anyways otherwise i would have been there!

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Meets and Greets / Wrenching