Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » Misc 4x4 Tech

Post subject: lift question
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:47 pm 
n00b
n00b

i was wondering what kinda lift i could get for a 92 s15 jimmy gmc. i wanna put bigger tires on it and lift it so i can go off roading with some of my buddies can anyone help me out?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:42 pm 
sorry i didnt actually respond yesterday, i was busy. but anyway, i had a 93 s-10 blazer. I cant remember if those are spring under or over in the rear. If they are spring over, you could get a block to put under the springs, however, this is not the safest nor most ideal way to lift the rear. Then you can crank the front torsion bars, also not the best idea, but it can work. A kid at work has a dakota an thats what he did, block in the rear and cranked his torsion bars up all the way, he also had a new bracket for the torsion bars. If its spring under in the rear then you can do a spring over conversion to gain some inches. or you can use different shackles or lift springs. And for the front, you could always do a solid axle swap an use big coil springs. jus some ideas, dont really know how much your lookin to spend or how much time greasy sphincter wantin to put in

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » Misc 4x4 Tech