Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » Misc 4x4 Tech

Post subject: Need some input ASAP!!
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:56 am 
Ok, i need a pilot bearing for this trans swap. FW Clutch said they listed the same bearing for both the 87 and 92, which i know is wrong cuz i put both input shafts up against each other an the 92 is definitely bigger. So i need a bearing with the same outer diameter and depth as the 87 so it will fit the crank, and the same inner diameter as the 92 so it will fit the ax15 input shaft.

Heres what ive found

87 Outer diameter- 1.055"
bearing depth-0.719"

92 inner diameter- 0.7518"

The closest ive found is this

72-83 CJ5(and others) Outer diameter- 1.057"
Inner Diameter- 0.754"
Depth- .877"

Do you think it will work? The measurements are very close. The only one thats not almost exact is the depth. Any thoughts on whether it will effect anything sticking out a little bit?

I need to know asap so i can order it. Ill have the clutch and flywheel monday and wanna get started immediately

Post subject: Re: Need some input ASAP!!
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:03 pm 
a naked man tit in a highschool locker room

I would say it should work just take some emry paper to the end of it and make it the same length. all it has to do is support the input shaft.

Post subject: Re: Need some input ASAP!!
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:17 pm 
well i think im just gonna order it to be on the safe side. Its only a few bucks. Called fw clutch again to see what time it would be ready monday cuz i forgot to ask, and talked to him again about the pinion bearing. Hes still sure that its the same, but i know its not, i put the input shafts together and they are undoubtfully different. Oh well. I wonder if they might even have the pinion bearing in stock

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » Misc 4x4 Tech