Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » Misc 4x4 Tech

Post subject: A/C help....
 Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:38 am 
Feeds people vomit

So this is for my '00 F-250 Powerstroke. It blows cold, then it'll blow warmish air, then back to cold, but in no particular pattern...any help?

'05 Honda Odessey awesomevan
'08 Chevrolet HHR company car - The silver bullet

Whatever....

Post subject: Re: A/C help....
 Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:01 pm 
Cliché Master

Chuck wrote:
So this is for my '00 F-250 Powerstroke. It blows cold, then it'll blow warmish air, then back to cold, but in no particular pattern...any help?

if it has a vaccuum regulator behind the dash, this controls the a/c, check the hoses going to it.

check and see if the compressor is kicking on and off at the same rate as the warm/cold issue. You could be low on refridgerant, and the low pressure switch is kicking off...

being a 2000 it should be 134a refridgerant. you can buy that stuff at walmart. add a half can and see what happens. DO NOT breathe the stuff, it causes testicular cancer. (not a joke)

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:15 pm 
Feeds people vomit

jkirisits wrote:
Chuck wrote:

if it has a vaccuum regulator behind the dash, this controls the a/c, check the hoses going to it.

check and see if the compressor is kicking on and off at the same rate as the warm/cold issue. You could be low on refridgerant, and the low pressure switch is kicking off...

being a 2000 it should be 134a refridgerant. you can buy that stuff at walmart. add a half can and see what happens. DO NOT breathe the stuff, it causes testicular cancer. (not a joke)

Behind the dash....great...should be real easy to get to :-) hehehe thanks for the info john!

Whatever....

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:36 pm 
Cliché Master

Chuck wrote:
jkirisits wrote:
Chuck wrote:

Behind the dash....great...should be real easy to get to :-) hehehe thanks for the info john!

if there is a vacuum leak going to the regulator, you should be able to hear it without taking the dash apart.

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:11 pm 
Feeds people vomit

jkirisits wrote:
Chuck wrote:
jkirisits wrote:
Chuck wrote:

if there is a vacuum leak going to the regulator, you should be able to hear it without taking the dash apart.

yeah, cause my diesel with MBRP exhaust is quite at idle.....

Whatever....

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:41 pm 
Cliché Master

Chuck wrote:
jkirisits wrote:
Chuck wrote:
jkirisits wrote:
Chuck wrote:

i would bet on the low freon first...

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:43 pm 
Particle Man

jkirisits wrote:
Chuck wrote:
jkirisits wrote:
Chuck wrote:
jkirisits wrote:
Chuck wrote:

I would bet there is no freon... Being a 2000 it should be r134a. :tu2:

Knowledge is Power.
Power Corrupts.
Study Hard and Be Evil.

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way you are a mile away and you have their shoes when you criticize them.

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:49 pm 
Feeds people vomit

Chambord wrote:
jkirisits wrote:
Chuck wrote:
jkirisits wrote:
Chuck wrote:
jkirisits wrote:
Chuck wrote:

I would bet there is no freon... Being a 2000 it should be r134a. :tu2:

Which he stated once already...but must have forgotten....john, you feeling ok?

And a guy from "thedieselstop.com" said not to add freon/refridgerant because too much could cause problems too, i had never heard of that.

Whatever....

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:50 pm 
Feeds people vomit

Guess it's time to call grandpa....he still works on a/c systems for cars...i'm sure he'll have an answer for me....

Whatever....

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:07 pm 
Thread Necromancer

its a ford diesel, so doesn't it have an electric vacum pump? make that that is working too....

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works, yeah, still have those parts.
'14 Chebby Silverado, 4x4
'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » Misc 4x4 Tech