Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Wheeling, Offroad Events, Land Use, Competitions

Post subject: Since I'm new!
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:26 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Howdy,

Well ive been hearing about this castration place. where is it exactly? In Fort Wayne? All I'm trying to say is " Who do I have to screw to get in on the fun" ! LOL.

Eagle

31'' Muds, 33''s coming sooooon I hope.
Unemployed
Bad attitude

Post subject: Re: Since I'm new!
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:35 pm 
Smokey rolls

it is waynedale off of the thru way alot of times there is a group that goes every sunday around 3ish it is a wheel at youre own risk type of place people been wheeling there for many many years and for the most part you are not bothered you can see it along the thruway on the northside of the rd after the RR tracks before you get to bluffton rd dont go back alone there is some nasty spots back there if youre not careful

Post Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:44 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Um where is the " thru way"? say i was taking 69 and got off of exit 99 and came from airport express way, what would i be looking for?

Unemployed
Bad attitude

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:25 am 
Likes dudes pitching tents

Turn left onto Bluffton road, and then turn left towards a Mom & Pop carlot. The entrance is behind the carlot.

"McDonald's was giving me the run-around, so you can understand where that's coming from," -- Moore

"I'm eating my McDonald's. I come outside. I see this girl going nuts trying to get out of a house." -- Charles Ramsey

“My reaction, I mean, I’m kinda scarred. I want to, you know, I want to be able to know more, you know, cause I having a son and I’m about to raise him right in this house so when you guys tell me a dead body, I’m like, you know, I’ve never seen no activity, you know, for nothing bad… I don’t know,” -- Ciera Richter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KANI2dpXLw

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:27 am 
Pap's mirror

eagle545 wrote:
Um where is the " thru way"? say i was taking 69 and got off of exit 99 and came from airport express way, what would i be looking for?

the "thru way"...bearfield thru way is what it was named b4 it was called the airport express way.

from 69 east on the x-way to the 2nd red light turn left and the left again right at the warehouse there. follow the concrete rd around to the left by the brown doc's office past the old car lot, over the dirt pile and there ya go. as stated b4 dont go alone unless you have a winch or a phone number for someone to help ya out.

now with all that said, you have sen it b4 probably while driving around out here in this area and just never really knew it. again as stated above when you pass the 1st light, cross the RR tracks look to your left as you cross the bridge and you will see the trails. its only about a 15 acre place but it will do for a quick fix. there about 4 or 5 bog holes in there you will want to stay away from unless lifted at least 3 or 4 inches and MT tires.

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:44 pm 
PapsOldDually wrote:
eagle545 wrote:

the "thru way"...bearfield thru way is what it was named b4 it was called the airport express way.

from 69 east on the x-way to the 2nd red light turn left and the left again right at the warehouse there. follow the concrete rd around to the left by the brown doc's office past the old car lot, over the dirt pile and there ya go. as stated b4 dont go alone unless you have a winch or a phone number for someone to help ya out.

meow with all that said, you have sen it b4 probably while driving around out here in this area and just never really knew it. again as stated above when you pass the 1st light, cross the RR tracks look to your left as you cross the bridge and you will see the trails. its only about a 15 acre place but it will do for a quick fix. there about 4 or 5 bog holes in there you will want to stay away from unless lifted at least 3 or 4 inches and MT tires.

what you ment to say is don't go alone and make sure someone has a winch and/or a number of a buddy to help just case.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:41 pm 
Pap's mirror

boarderbm wrote:
PapsOldDually wrote:
eagle545 wrote:

meow with all that said, you have sen it b4 probably while driving around out here in this area and just never really knew it. again as stated above when you pass the 1st light, cross the RR tracks look to your left as you cross the bridge and you will see the trails. its only about a 15 acre place but it will do for a quick fix. there about 4 or 5 bog holes in there you will want to stay away from unless lifted at least 3 or 4 inches and MT tires.

what you ment to say is don't go alone and make sure someone has a winch and/or a number of a buddy to help just case.

lol close enough brandon. :tu2:

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:19 pm 
Well for the number of people who have tried to solo it and got stuck back there I thought it was worth mentioning, ESP a new guy.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:33 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Wow that bad huh? Thanks for the heads up! I take it has some shallow spots for my stock lj? Is thee anywhere else one could go?

Unemployed
Bad attitude

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:56 pm 
Pap's mirror

eagle545 wrote:
Wow that bad huh? Thanks for the heads up! I take it has some shallow spots for my stock lj? Is thee anywhere else one could go?

depending on your wheelin experience and ability you can go thru probably half maybe even more when its dry out there. when its muddy you will have a bit more of a challenge. but thats what makes it fun.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:00 am 
freezes his batteries off

Just make sure to come out next time others are going and check it out.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:13 am 
I wouldnt wheel alone , talking from experience

Post Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:45 pm 
Jeeper in IN

When do you guys think you guys will be heading out there to screw around?

Unemployed
Bad attitude

Post Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:45 pm 
Dirty tranny

i am willing to go :tu2:
just cant wheel gumby with bearings starting to go, got one bearing on the way should have the other one in a few weeks

BE GOOD AT IT!!!!![/color]

GOD,
grant me the serenity to accept the impossible trails i cannot crawl, the courage to crawl the twisted trails i can, and the wisdom to keep the tire side down!

Post Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:18 pm 
Pap's mirror

eagle545 wrote:

the best way for you to do anything on here that involves getting ppl together is for you to post up......

"hey on....date...im going out to go wheelin. i will be there at ...this time.... hope to see ya out there"

you will get ppl posting up to go. if you ask "when" you will never go because there will be a reason for everyone not to go. so...lol...post up in the wheelin forum when you want to go and you will get ppl.

now kinda here recently there was usually someone going on sunday afternoon about 3 or so.

as for a big group run, there are 2. 1st sat after thanksgiving...we call it..turkey run. then 1st sat in april unless april 1 is on sat. either way thats our april fools run.

then just ever so often in between we go over there to the badlands. thats where the other 2 runs are made at.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:22 pm 
Jeeper in IN

AHHH.....OK, LOL! We'll thanks for the advice, since were talking about events whats the dates and names of the 2 events at the badlands? also is the haspin acres worth the drive? later

Unemployed
Bad attitude

Post Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:30 pm 
Pap's mirror

eagle545 wrote:
AHHH.....OK, LOL! We'll thanks for the advice, since were talking about events whats the dates and names of the 2 events at the badlands? also is the haspin acres worth the drive? later

those 2 are the turkey run and april fools run.

i have never been to haspin. there are a lot of guys who have and they like it.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:41 pm 
Jeeper in IN

PapsOldDually wrote:
eagle545 wrote:

the best way for you to do anything on here that involves getting ppl together is for you to post up......

"hey on....date...im going out to go wheelin. i will be there at ...this time.... hope to see ya out there"

you will get ppl posting up to go. if you ask "when" you will never go because there will be a reason for everyone not to go. so...lol...post up in the wheelin forum when you want to go and you will get ppl.

meow kinda here recently there was usually someone going on sunday afternoon about 3 or so.

as for a big group run, there are 2. 1st sat after thanksgiving...we call it..turkey run. then 1st sat in april unless april 1 is on sat. either way thats our april fools run.

then just ever so often in between we go over there to the badlands. thats where the other 2 runs are made at.

Sorry I though these were at the castration place, Mybad! cool beans well im off to get some drinkin in before the weekend with the boy. Have a good weekend if I dont make it to hooters tomarow. Later

Unemployed
Bad attitude

Post Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:38 pm 
Pap's mirror

eagle545 wrote:
PapsOldDually wrote:
eagle545 wrote:

meow kinda here recently there was usually someone going on sunday afternoon about 3 or so.

Sorry I though these were at the castration place, Mybad! cool beans well im off to get some drinkin in before the weekend with the boy. Have a good weekend if I dont make it to hooters tomarow. Later

nope thats cool man. i didnt explain that part to good. :tu2:

Post Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:47 pm 
Dirty tranny

x2 on what paps says post a date you want to go to castration and people will post that they will or will not meet you there.

now on that note it is illegal to wheel out there if you get caught by cops or owners you can and or will be arrested, vehicle impounded, so in saying this we do try not to go out there to often in a row if ya get my drift ?

no sense abusing it every weekend ta know? :tu2:

just my 2 cents do what ya like!

BE GOOD AT IT!!!!![/color]

GOD,
grant me the serenity to accept the impossible trails i cannot crawl, the courage to crawl the twisted trails i can, and the wisdom to keep the tire side down!

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Wheeling, Offroad Events, Land Use, Competitions