Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Wheeling, Offroad Events, Land Use, Competitions

Post subject: Turkey Run (Nov 27th/28th/29th)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:52 pm 
Tang Soo

***UPDATED INFORMATION*** 10/28/2009
Plans will be to leave from the Fort from the Lassus/BP at Jefferson and I69 around 6:30 to leave by 7 am on Saturday morning, get to the Badlands campground, unload, and hit the trails by 10am. Wheel till the park closes (or close to that), and then camp Saturday night. Depending on what broke, how big the campfire is and the weather, possibly wheel on Sunday.
***END UPDATE***

Get full of turkey? What a better way to work it off than to go wheelin at the badlands in Attica, IN

This board (cause as Kennedy says, its not a club) has made the annual trek to the Badlands the weekend after Thanksgiving for a couple of years now. Usually my work schedule doesn't allow me the time off to make the trip, however, this year I will have a couple days off and want to get this going.

I'm posting this as a heads up and let you save your pennies for gas money (or diesel).

Dates:Nov 27th/28th/29th
Tentatively I will either be down there friday evening or saturday morning and stay til sunday. If I can get sunday night off from work I might wheel on sunday and returned sunday evening, if not it will be a saturday only wheelin trip with the trip home on sunday after waking up.

I will camp if any of the campgrounds are open. I haven't checked into it yet, so I don't know. Campgrounds are way more conducive to my style of after hours party than a hotel, that being said if a hotel is the only way to go, then that's where I'll be.

I would also like to open this to those that may have never wheeled before, and/or haven't been to the badlands before. I've got about 3 or 4 co-workers who have jeeps who have never been off-road before. I want to introduce them to wheeling the less technical stuff and want to offer that to those on this board who may not be as confident as they want to be.

My goal is to get my baby jeep on the road by then and have some fun with it (it has heat too!)

More information to come.

mac 'wheelin for fun...no racing involved' gyvr

***UPDATED INFORMATION*** 10/28/2009
Plans will be to leave from the Fort from the Lassus/BP at Jefferson and I69 around 6:30 to leave by 7 am on Saturday morning, get to the Badlands campground, unload, and hit the trails by 10am. Wheel till the park closes (or close to that), and then camp Saturday night. Depending on what broke, how big the campfire is and the weather, possibly wheel on Sunday.
***END UPDATE***

My idea of a perfect vacation is a road trip through beautiful country. To make it really fun, all that's needed is a modified vehicle, a few close friends, and some serious off-roading. Cole Quinnell - Editor, 4WOR, Dec 99
My Drinking Team has a Racing Problem

Post subject: Re: Turkey Run (Nov 27th/28th/29th)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:01 pm 
what it was before for all i care

Just got word Hotel Attica is no longer open...

Looking forward to going... :tu2:

Post Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:47 pm 
spackled

We have that weekend off and haven't been to Badlands yet. Hoping we can make this trip. Won't know for sure 'til the week before, and camping would be great, if the weather ain't too cold.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:49 pm 
freezes his batteries off

I'm planning on back and forth Saturday the 28th. That's cool, Mac' trail el conquistador' gyvr, that you are willing to help those less experienced wheelers the oppurtunity to learn!!

Post Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:15 pm 
Thread Necromancer

Tentively count me in.
If I go I will volunteer to help spot the noobs through stuff.

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works, yeah, still have those parts.
'14 Chebby Silverado, 4x4
'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!

Post Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:16 pm 
as long as mine is finished up (which by then it better be) and isnt re-broke, ill definitely be there, for as long as i can afford or it survives. If it were summer id camp, but i really despise the cold, so ill most likely be at the inn if money allows more than one day of fun

Post Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:37 pm 
Baby puncher

I want to go, but doubt the jeep will be fixed and have new shoes to go. Believe it or not, the attica inn is awfully accommodating. I doubt there will be many people staying there, so they'll just give you the rooms at the far end, and you can party.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:15 pm 
Jeeper in IN

I read that the Attica Inn was closed.

I don't know for sure though. It is just what I read.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:51 am 
Jeeper in IN

we are off work that weekend so hoefully i can talk the wife into going.if we go we will wheel saturday and stay in a motel then come home sunday morning.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:54 am 
I have never been to the Badlands, always wanted to trek down and play a little, might like to go down and hang out with the Jeepin crew . I can be the picture taken , video filming guy who gets the "Money Shots" Lol, Maybe Rocs Jeep will be up and running for the Journey to Grown Jeep status.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:31 am 
Jeeper in IN

i called and the attica inn is confirmed closed.there is two bed and breakfast that are within a few miles.the rest of the hotels are like 35 miles away.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:56 am 
Camping it is .

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:29 am 
Tang Soo

xjryder wrote:
Camping it is .

Is it the newer hotel on the east side of town that is closed or the haunted hotel downtown that is closed?

I will check with the Badlands campground this weekend and see if they are open until the end of November because I believe that Summers closes at the end of October.

mac 'wishes he had a truck camper' gyvr

My idea of a perfect vacation is a road trip through beautiful country. To make it really fun, all that's needed is a modified vehicle, a few close friends, and some serious off-roading. Cole Quinnell - Editor, 4WOR, Dec 99

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:14 pm 
you have to reserve a spot? cant just show up and pop a tent up . could you check on that let us know, Thanks MAC

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:38 pm 
Jeeper in IN

macgyvr wrote:
xjryder wrote:
Camping it is .

Is it the newer hotel on the east side of town that is closed or the haunted hotel downtown that is closed?

I will check with the Badlands campground this weekend and see if they are open until the end of November because I believe that Summers closes at the end of October.

mac 'wishes he had a truck camper' gyvr

I don't know Matt. I just read it on another forum.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:54 pm 
a naked man tit in a highschool locker room

So as of now I don't have my kids that weekend. I am planning on making it. Might drag little red wagon on this one too. Hell who knows we may bring 3 jeeps by then. Definately coming one way or another. And most likely camping saturday night.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:02 pm 
Tang Soo

xjryder wrote:
you have to reserve a spot? cant just show up and pop a tent up . could you check on that let us know, Thanks MAC

I'll find out this weekend when I am down there if they are even open that weekend. I will also try to check on the hotel situation. If the campground is open, its so late in the season I would be real suprised if you had to reserve a spot. I am always there the first weekend in March when they open with Winterfest and we never reserve a spot that weekend because we are almost the only ones there...

mac 'loves a wheelin weekend' gyvr

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:15 pm 
sweeeet, thanks Matt

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:35 pm 
Smokey rolls

never been to attica im hoping to go will you hold my hand if i get scared mac

Post Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:21 am 
LOL , You gotta watch Tre he likes to spoon too!

Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:03 pm 
Tang Soo

I checked with the Badlands campground and they are open through the first week of December, so they are open the weekend of Thanksgiving. I'll be camping there, unless deadly cold temps are predicted...

The newer hotel on the east side of town looked to be closed when we were there this weekend, so my assumption (don't quote me call ahead) is that the Attica Hotel downtown is still open. Its a nice place to stay, its just haunted...but if deadly cold temps are predicted I might stay there...they have limited parking but have lots nearby to park in.

mac 'i won't hold your hand but i'll help you get down the trail' gyvr

Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:21 pm 
I am game to go down that weekend/do some camping/wheel and talk Jeeps

Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:09 pm 
Pap's mirror

really really gonna try to make this one....again :eyebrows:

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:49 pm 
Male nurse in training

I plan to attend this also with a 44 in the rear of the jeep! Even if it doesn't have a 44 in the rear still plan to go. anybody got any info on the hunted hotel? if nothing else I'll stay outside of attica a little bit. All that stops this now is if i can't get the day off work.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:19 am 
Likes dudes pitching tents

Ok... I *may* try to sneak in on this one. It's been waaayy too long.

"McDonald's was giving me the run-around, so you can understand where that's coming from," -- Moore

"I'm eating my McDonald's. I come outside. I see this girl going nuts trying to get out of a house." -- Charles Ramsey

“My reaction, I mean, I’m kinda scarred. I want to, you know, I want to be able to know more, you know, cause I having a son and I’m about to raise him right in this house so when you guys tell me a dead body, I’m like, you know, I’ve never seen no activity, you know, for nothing bad… I don’t know,” -- Ciera Richter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KANI2dpXLw

Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:30 am 
Tang Soo

95YJMan wrote:
I plan to attend this also with a 44 in the rear of the jeep! Even if it doesn't have a 44 in the rear still plan to go. anybody got any info on the hunted hotel? if nothing else I'll stay outside of attica a little bit. All that stops this meow is if i can't get the day off work.

Hotel Attica
126 N Perry St
Attica, IN
765-762-3088

mac 'you should really camp' gyvr

Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:07 pm 
Jeeper in IN

macgyvr wrote:
Its a nice place to stay, its just haunted...but if deadly cold temps are predicted I might stay there...they have limited parking but have lots nearby to park in.

Haunted? I've stayed there without any issues...I'll be there again in 2 weeks...without any issues, hopefully...ahem. :nono: Not that I'm paranoid or anything ;)
Great.

'06 WK

Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:31 pm 
spackled

"mac 'you should really camp' gyvr"

H-yea, cause if the fire's big enough, nobody's gonna get cold no matter what the temp is :eyebrows:

Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:20 pm 
Male nurse in training

macgyvr wrote:
95YJMan wrote:
I plan to attend this also with a 44 in the rear of the jeep! Even if it doesn't have a 44 in the rear still plan to go. anybody got any info on the hunted hotel? if nothing else I'll stay outside of attica a little bit. All that stops this meow is if i can't get the day off work.

Hotel Attica
126 N Perry St
Attica, IN
765-762-3088

Nah I'll clean a few extra carpets to be warm. Plus I like haunted things Boogers and shit!!

Post Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:58 pm 
Cliché Master

if anyone needs a spotter, let me know. still jeepless till i get back from Afganistan

Post Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:23 pm 
Thread Necromancer

jkirisits wrote:
if anyone needs a spotter, let me know. still jeepless till me get aft from Afganistan

when ya going there?

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:02 am 

kennedy wrote:
Tentively count me in.

I will have a open seat if you want to ride along with someone... :tu2:

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:24 pm 
spackled

95YJMan wrote:
macgyvr wrote:
95YJMan wrote:

Hotel Attica
126 N Perry St
Attica, IN
765-762-3088

Nah I'll clean a few extra carpets to be warm. Plus I like haunted things Boogers and shit!!

That's because scarry things make Carrie go "Eeek, :eek2: hold me Alan" :eyebrows:

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:21 pm 
Thread Necromancer

chaz wrote:
kennedy wrote:
Tentively count me in.

I will have a open seat if you want to ride along with someone... :tu2:

cool :tu2:
I will let ya know

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower

Post Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:27 am 
Tang Soo

Plans will be to leave Saturday morning from the Fort from the Lassus/BP at Jefferson and I69 around 6:30 to leave by 7am. Get to the Badlands, leave stuff at the campground and hit the trails by 10am. Camp Saturday night and possibly wheel on Sunday, depending on what is broke and how big the campfire was the night before...the weather will also be a factor as well.

mac 'time to get your junk ready' gyvr

Post Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:45 am 

macgyvr wrote:
Plans will be to leave Saturday morning from the Fort around 6 to 7am. Get to the Badlands, leave stuff at the campground and hit the trails by 10am. Camp Saturday night and possibly wheel on Sunday, depending on what is broke and how big the campfire was the night before...the weather will also be a factor as well.

Are we meeting at your house that Saturday morning?

"McDonald's was giving me the run-around, so you can understand where that's coming from," -- Moore

"I'm eating my McDonald's. I come outside. I see this girl going nuts trying to get out of a house." -- Charles Ramsey

“My reaction, I mean, I’m kinda scarred. I want to, you know, I want to be able to know more, you know, cause I having a son and I’m about to raise him right in this house so when you guys tell me a dead body, I’m like, you know, I’ve never seen no activity, you know, for nothing bad… I don’t know,” -- Ciera Richter.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:50 pm 
Tang Soo

Alpine wrote:
macgyvr wrote:
Plans will be to leave Saturday morning from the Fort around 6 to 7am. Get to the Badlands, leave stuff at the campground and hit the trails by 10am. Camp Saturday night and possibly wheel on Sunday, depending on what is broke and how big the campfire was the night before...the weather will also be a factor as well.

Are we meeting at your house that Saturday morning?

whoops...and meeting spot is a good plan :)
the BP/Lassus at Jefferson and I69 is a good meeting point...gas,ice, and micky d's next door!, lets say 630 and leave by 7 at the latest?

mac 'or we could leave eariler' gyvr

Post Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:38 pm 

Sounds good to me! :tu2:

Post Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:34 am 

I'm there!! The time is good with me also!

Post Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:03 am 
n00b
n00b

Hey i'm new to this board.... you guys mind if i tag along? I live in muncie but i could meet up somwhere along 69... I grew up in the fort area so for all i know i may know a few of you haha

Post Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:44 am 
Pap's mirror

you are more then welcome to come along! the only thing is we go over by way of 24. we dont go down 69. i have never made the trip down that way but you could run across 1 of the smaller roads down there and come up 31 or make the trip up to hear and follow along with us but you know that will add an hr to greasy sphincter drive coming up here.

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Post Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:33 am 

PapsOldDually wrote:
you are more then welcome to come along! the only thing is we go over by way of 24. we dont go down 69. i have never made the trip down that way but you could run across 1 of the smaller roads down there and come up 31 or make the trip up to hear and follow along with us but you know that will add an hr to greasy sphincter drive coming up here.

I69 & Jefferson = Coventry off of US 24 (near I-69). I don't think we plan on going down 69. :)

Post Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:06 pm 
mr. snuffleupagus

Well may just make come out after all. Maybe saturday, or sunday, not sure yet. Sarah has the whole weekend off, and she has to work Christmas. If we aren't with family, I'll will come out. I have a durango gear box to put on yet, rebuild both driveshafts, and some other small stuff.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:23 pm 
Tang Soo

03rubiytown wrote:
Hey i'm new to this board.... you guys mind if i tag along? I live in muncie but i could meet up somwhere along 69... I grew up in the fort area so for all i know i may know a few of you haha

They are correct, we do go hwy 24 to hwy 25 to hwy 28...

the easiest route from muncie is to come across on hwy 28 and it takes you right to the badlands...

mac '69 is the long way from the fort' gyvr

Post Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:26 pm 
n00b
n00b

Yeah i wasnt sure where you guys would shoot accross the state at.... everyone does it different. I am somewhat new to offroading so i hope it is cool if a noob is around and possibly slowing you down a little :)

Post Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:49 pm 
Pap's mirror

03rubiytown wrote:
Yeah i wasnt sure where you guys would shoot accross the state at.... everyone does it different. I am somewhat new to offroading so i hope it is cool if a noob is around and possibly slowing you down a little :)

again, you are more them welcome. there are gonna be some new wheelers out there anyway man so dont worry about it. best thing to do is get a cpl phone numbers from those who are going and try calling once you get to or,close to the badlands that way you can get attached to a group of our guys. there will probably end up being 2 or 3 groups to run in anyway. it wouldnt hurt to mount ya a CB in your jeep if ya dont have one but they are not required. not everyone runs them. i have 1 but not sure if i will mount it or not. biggest thing is just to listen to ppl when they are trying to help ya out. i am guessing by your name you have an 03 rubicon so you should already have recovery points on the front and rear correct?

Post Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:56 pm 
Pap's mirror

oh yeah, 1 more thing. if ya cant get ahold of anyone, once you get there just look for all the jeeps with the Jeepininin stickers on them.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:07 pm 
Tang Soo

PapsOldDually wrote:
03rubiytown wrote:

again, you are more them welcome. there are gonna be some new wheelers out there anyway man so dont worry about it. best thing to do is get a cpl phone numbers from those who are going and try calling once you get to or,close to the badlands that way you can get attached to a group of our guys. there will probably end up being 2 or 3 groups to run in anyway. it wouldnt hurt to mount ya a CB in your jeep if ya dont have one but they are not required. not everyone runs them. i have 1 but not sure if i will mount it or not. biggest thing is just to listen to ppl when they are trying to help ya out. i am guessing by your name you have an 03 rubicon so you should already have recovery points on the front and rear correct?

what he said...there is definitely at least going to be one group wheelin with noob's in it! PM me for my cell number. I would HIGHLY recommend a CB. I almost consider it a requirement...and with an 03 rubi, you'll have little problems.

http://bbb.jeepininin.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20490 this thread has my suggestion for a cb...not the cheapest, but definitely the most out of the way to mount.

mac 'ready to go now...wish the baby jeep was' gyvr

Post Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:10 pm 
Thread Necromancer

03rubiytown wrote:

You'll be fine.
I'm probably going to be driving over in the truck and riding along with someone. If I end up going, I could meet you at 28 and 31 (I live in Kokomo), and we could follow each other over or something. As time gets closer we can exchange numbers if need be. This is a great group of people, you won't have any problems!

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower

Post Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:21 pm 
Missing the right bolts

i wanna go workin in a dept store its hard toget turkey day off i will be workin in the mornin i believe ill try to get it off tho i wanna give the greenie a run for her money :)

FUCK THE DUMB SHIT

Post Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:30 pm 
If i can make it, ill prolly be leaving really early like usual so i can get there and start wheeling as early as possible

Post Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:53 pm 
I plan on being there gettin my wheel on with the Jeepininin crew :tu2: I've been doing a little work and I might just have a surprise for you guys :? we'll see :)

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:57 am 
n00b
n00b

I'm looking forward to the run!! I will contact a few of you and get your numbers as it gets closer... i will also look into get a cb! thanks for all the help

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:09 pm 
Channel 4 is the offroad channel right?

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:49 pm 
Thread Necromancer

xjryder wrote:
Channel 4 is the offroad channel right?

yup :tu2:

Alot of times at Badlands though, each group will choose a different channel, that way you do risk walking over each other.

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower

Post Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:24 pm 
Jeeper in IN

i grew up in attica, i would love to tag along

Post Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:59 pm 
MR m38 wrote:
i grew up in attica, i would love to tag along

You bringin the old school down there?If not I totally understand,and I'm sure someone will have an empty seat there are small tribe of us cherokees on here :2up:

Post Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:06 pm 
Jeeper in IN

I'll be there looking forward to it!!!!!!!!!!!!

02 silverado2500 hd

Post Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:39 am 
Jeeper in IN

the only old school would be me....lol, you guys will need to take it easy on this ol man...lol

Post Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:47 am 
Jeeper in IN

[quote="GoodfellazXJ"]
You bringin the old school down there?If not I totally understand,and I'm sure someone will have an empty seat there are small tribe of us cherokees on here :2up:[/quote]

There will be more cherokee's than you think! We might just overrun the place! :?

Post Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:42 pm 
philagony94xj wrote:
GoodfellazXJ wrote:
You bringin the old school down there?If not I totally understand,and I'm sure someone will have an empty seat there are small tribe of us cherokees on here :2up:

There will be more cherokee's than you think! We might just overrun the place! :?

that works for me, add me to that list of 4 doors going as of now. looking forward to the run, cant wait to wheel a true trail truck this time. lol

Post Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:19 pm 
mr. snuffleupagus

philagony94xj wrote:
GoodfellazXJ wrote:

Yea...um sorry, lol

Post Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:53 am 
Blue wrote:
philagony94xj wrote:
GoodfellazXJ wrote:

Yea...um sorry, lol

Yea.....um sorry, lmao I'm just sayin we got plenty of seats to spare :acclaim:

Post Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:43 am 
Male nurse in training

Alright well I will go ahead and put it out there. I won't be able to attend this. I can't get the time off work. Its a busy month for steemer. I will even be working that sunday. They said I couldn't have it off because its a holiday weekend. boo but I have something up my sleeve.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:22 pm 
spackled

95YJMan wrote:
....but I have something up my sleeve.

R you gonna drive the Steemer van to run the Badlands, on the clock?
:)

Post Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:37 pm 
Pap's mirror

well....somebody quit at menards so katrina got transferred to a different department and now we may not be able to go. she put in to have the day off a month or so ago but its up to the new el conquistador. argue not go over good with me but not much we can do about it.

gotta find a spare anyway so we may not be able to go if she gets it off anyway. times runnin out.

so who all IS going?

Post Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:38 pm 

I am going! Bringing a friend. The Mrs. should not be bounced around in her condition!!!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:54 pm 
Tang Soo

I will be there and I believe chaz is going as well.

I should be plus 2 or 3 co-workers with Jeeps as well.

mac 'floorboards almost done' gyvr

Post Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:16 pm 
Jeeper in IN

I am in :tu2:

Following Mac and Chaz

Post Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:33 pm 
I plan on being there :tu2: The wife is due in a month so we will see what happens from now till the 28th.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:49 pm 
Dirty tranny

well i am going on this run cant wait first run
(feelin like a little kid waiting on x-mas day )
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

BE GOOD AT IT!!!!![/color]

GOD,
grant me the serenity to accept the impossible trails i cannot crawl, the courage to crawl the twisted trails i can, and the wisdom to keep the tire side down!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:00 pm 
Thread Necromancer

I plan on driving over, and then hopefully riding along with someone, I've had a couple of offers. I will be driving the truck over, so if anyone breaks, and wants to find a U-haul trailer, then I can haul them back to wherever, if need be, I just ask that you pay for my fuel, and dinner or something for my time.

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower

Post Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:05 pm 
mr. snuffleupagus

I'll be there saturday. I may have a open seat. not too sure about that just yet

Post Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:12 pm 
Pap's mirror

macgyvr wrote:

is ron goin? i think that was his name. guy with the red 1 you helped fix up.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:12 pm 
Tang Soo

PapsOldDually wrote:
macgyvr wrote:

is ron goin? i think that was his name. guy with the red 1 you helped fix up.

he 'should' be coming...we'll see if gets that purdy tj out...

we have a side bet going at the house whether he'll be there or not :)

more progress made on the baby jeep tonight...floorboards and rust suck

mac 'probably has an open seat' gyvr

Post Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:36 am 
Baby puncher

Sadly, I will have to miss this year's Turkey Run. Hopefully she will be back up and have some more toys for the April Fools '10 run.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:42 am 
Likes redheads from Disneyworld

I don't think I will have the day off to be able to to go. I will let you know if things change :doh:

Post Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:08 am 

Ill be there, just have to air up a tire and Im good to go... :tu2:

Post Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:25 am 
Jeeper in IN

finishing up the jeep today i plan on heading down early sat monring and wheeling through sunday not sure about hotel or camping yet.

and mac please post up in your first post in big bold letters which parking lot everyone should meet at upper or lower we had some issues with this april fools run thanks

4" rough country suspension lift 2" bds body lift ford 8.8 rear dana 30 front 33x12.50x15 bfg m/t with 15x8 procomp soft 8's 8000lb smitty built winch
dd saturn vue

Post Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:54 am 
04willys wrote:
finishing up the jeep today i plan on heading down early sat monring and wheeling through sunday not sure about hotel or camping yet.

and mac please post up in your first post in big bold letters which parking lot everyone should meet at upper or lower we had some issues with this april fools run thanks

Itll be where all the other Jeepininin'ers are. Outta be easy to find'em

Post Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:58 pm 
Tang Soo

nobarrierz wrote:
04willys wrote:

Itll be where all the other Jeepininin'ers are. Outta be easy to find'em

Its hard to say whether it will be upper or lower because I don't know how busy it will be. Look for my black debadged dodge megacab with badlands on the windshield and a front license plate with a 34ft bumper pulls trailer...its usually pretty easy to find...

mac 'usually i park up top, but recently i've been parking down low...so its 50/50 :) ' gyvr

Post Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:02 am 
Jeeper in IN

I'll be there with a few others from my club!

02 silverado2500 hd

Post Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:09 pm 
Pap's mirror

beez wrote:
I'll be there with a few others from my club!

hey dave, are you part of the twisted bender offroad or whatever that is? if so do you know if Mel diaz will be there?

anyone from southbend or real close to it coming? may have a package to go to gunguy.

oh yeah and we will be going to. woohoo. been a while since we got to go. heard the new owners changed alot, not for the better either. hope its not a lot different then the last time.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:15 pm 
Tang Soo

PapsOldDually wrote:
oh yeah and we will be going to. woohoo. been a while since we got to go. heard the new owners changed alot, not for the better either. hope its not a lot different then the last time.

what have you heard? this will be my 7th or 8th trip there this year, not really noticed anything thats not for the better...

mac 'less than two weeks' gyvr

Post Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:01 pm 
Pap's mirror

cpl ppl have said it seemed to them like it was a little easier then b4 they bought it. some of the quarry was leveled or knocked down some. some of orange trails obs were leveled out too. um the big drop in behind the office into orange was opened up and knocked down some.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:44 pm 
i am still going down as of now, only a few more things to get done before its ready for a trip and trail.

not sure what time i am going to take off, but badland opens at 9:00 right? i say lets get every last second of wheelin in we can, anyone have a problem with taking off an hour early?

also how many of us are driving there rigs and who's bringing trailers? just getting an idea of the convoy size.

mac you bringing a parts jeep with ya? just saying. :eyebrows:

Post Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:07 pm 
Dirty tranny

tentatively i am still going i have recently found a three prob's ( both pinion seals leaking, bad diff fluid, busted my locking lug & 1-lock lug nut @ brakes class 2nite) anybody got any ideas on how to remove locking lug nuts or where i can get them removed?
hopefully everything works out i will have those prob fixed by wed next week.

np leaving early enough to be there @ 9am i will follow whoever
"would like to be the last one in convoy? no matter who i follow"? got something new for gumby

GOD,
grant me the serenity to accept the impossible trails i cannot crawl, the courage to crawl the twisted trails i can, and the wisdom to keep the tire side down!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:09 am 
Pap's mirror

Mr.ChevyFatBagz wrote:
i am still going down as of meow, only a few more things to get done before its ready for a trip and trail.

not sure what time i am going to take off, but badland opens at 9:00 right? i say lets get every last second of wheelin in we can, anyone have a problem with taking off an hour early? :?

also how many of us are driving there rigs and who's bringing trailers? just getting an idea of the convoy size.

mac you bringing a parts jeep with ya? just saying. :eyebrows:

an hour early of what? when it opens. were planning on leaving the gas station at like 630 or 7. you wanting to leave b4 that?

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:25 am 
i would leave at 1:00, if the badlands opened earlier. lol

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:52 am 

I'm planning on driving, as I lack a trailer & tow rig. :)

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:16 am 
Jeeper in IN

:? You can leave at 6 AM, drive to the Badlands, be there at opening time, wait to sign in, and start wheeling at 10 AM.

Or, you can leave at 7 AM, drive down, not wait in line and still start at 10 AM.

Dragin my wagon or driving? It's not Friday night yet.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:15 pm 

ww wrote:
:? You can leave at 6 AM, drive to the Badlands, be there at opening time, wait to sign in, and start wheeling at 10 AM.

Or, you can leave at 7 AM, drive down, not wait in line and still start at 10 AM.

Dragin my wagon or driving? It's not Friday night yet.

:tu2:

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:22 pm 
mr. snuffleupagus

I am usually there before the line starts, but then again it only takes me a hour to get there, not 9.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:57 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Blue wrote:
I am usually there before the line starts, but then again it only takes me a hour to get there, not 9.

:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :bs:

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:52 pm 
Jeeper in IN

is anyone gonna be there friday, i was going to be there then....steve, heres my cell 574-328-0040

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:01 pm 
Dirty tranny

tellozzy wrote:
tentatively i am still going i have recently found a three prob's ( both pinion seals leaking, bad diff fluid, busted my locking lug & 1-lock lug nut @ brakes class 2nite) anybody got any ideas on how to remove locking lug nuts or where i can get them removed?
hopefully everything works out i will have those prob fixed by wed next week.

np leaving early enough to be there @ 9am i will follow whoever
"would like to be the last one in convoy? no matter who i follow"? got something new for gumby

well got 1 prob fixed the locking lugs r gone/ 2 prob to go and i am still on this trip :2up:

GOD,

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:01 pm 
Well you know I plan on towing my junk down,if we can get the trailer.If I have to rent one again I'll just take my chances and drive the piece.Got raped last time by U-haul.If for some reason our trailer hook up falls through.Does anyone on here have a trailer they would like to rent or loan to me for the day?My piece just really is'nt up to road trip standards IMO.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:19 pm 
Dirty tranny

GoodfellazXJ wrote:
Well you know I plan on towing my junk down,if we can get the trailer.If I have to rent one again I'll just take my chances and drive the piece.Got raped last time by U-haul.If for some reason our trailer hook up falls through.Does anyone on here have a trailer they would like to rent or loan to me for the day?My piece just really is'nt up to road trip standards IMO.

hey if we could find one big enough for 2 i might go in on one with ya

GOD,

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:21 pm 
mister wiskers

there's a shop next to East Allen Equiptment in Woodburn that rents em. I rented one several years ago, think it was $55/day.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:27 pm 
Dirty tranny

:? call em goodfellazz see what they say
greasy sphincter truck big enough to pull both?

GOD,

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:39 pm 
The 1500 is limited to one vehicle at time ozzy.One of these days when I get off my ass and get a duramax it'll be different :2up:

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:47 pm 

I'm trailering mine so I can ride in comfort in my Yukon! It gets better mileage too.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:14 pm 
Tang Soo

If you want to leave before 7, that's fine. I'll be at the gas station btw 630-7 to leave by 7. I usually run over to the slowest McDonalds in the world next door and get a bite to eat before hitting the road.

I'll be towing the 2place with the baby jeep and Chaz's MJ, and tentatively have a guy towing his TJ on my single place, and another stock TJ and stock YJ driving down.

In the meantime I've been working my ass off on the baby jeep trying to get it ready for the trip...

mac 'it officially has a floor finally!' gyvr

Post Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:04 am 
Jeeper in IN

how many will be there on the 27th? please give me a few numbers to call so i can locate ya...steve

Post Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:20 am 
Pap's mirror

MR m38 wrote:
how many will be there on the 27th? please give me a few numbers to call so i can locate ya...steve

be where, at the badlands or gas station?

mike-403 4617

Post Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:58 am 
Pap's mirror

is anyone going down for sure friday?

Mr. m38 may go friday and was asking who, if anyone, is still going down frinday.

were going down sat morning

Post Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:27 pm 

I'm picking somebody up in Huntington Saturday morning to come with. Is anybody from Huntington going? If so, when / where do you want to meet up?

Post Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:03 pm 
Dirty tranny

i am still going on sat meeting mac btw 6:30am & 7am @ 24/69 bp next to the slowest mcdonalds in the world

GOD,

Post Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:45 pm 
Jeeper in IN

ww wrote:
I am in :tu2:

Following Mac and Chaz

Post Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:07 pm 
Tang Soo

I have a steering box to swap and then I think that the baby jeep is ready to go aside from loading up...

lots to update to the build thread too, just don't know when I'll fit it in.

mac 'burnt out' gyvr

Post Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:49 am 
Dirty tranny

well here r the tools i am taking & recovery stuff
before

after

i will be doing both pinion seals/new diff fluid frt/rear this wed @ tuffjarheads house then a final walk through on gumby @ goodfellaz's house on friday then i believe we r ready :2up:
almost here SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:elephant: :banana: :elephant: :banana: :eek2: :elephant: :banana: :eek2: :elephant: :banana: :eek2:

GOD,

Post Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:36 am 

I appear to have a free passenger seat. If anybody wants to tag along or throw me a passenger, I'd be glad to take them... just PM me.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:24 pm 
a naked man tit in a highschool locker room

Well I am out. Mom just informed me we have a dinner I am expected to attend with the family, even though it just got planned this week. :bs:

Hopefully I can make April Fools day.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:31 pm 
im out for this one. I will be attempting to make next weeks toys for tots run at the Badlands though

Post Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:51 pm 
Dirty tranny

well gumby has been checked and ready to go :)
hey mac i will be @ the bp next to the slowest mcdonalds in the world btw 6:30 & 7 am
r we leaving @ 7am sharp?

GOD,

Post Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:29 pm 

macgyvr wrote:
If you want to leave before 7, that's fine. I'll be at the gas station btw 630-7 to leave by 7. I usually run over to the slowest McDonalds in the world next door and get a bite to eat before hitting the road.

I'll be towing the 2place with the baby jeep and Chaz's MJ, and tentatively have a guy towing his TJ on my single place, and another stock TJ and stock YJ driving down.

In the meantime I've been working my ass off on the baby jeep trying to get it ready for the trip...

mac 'it officially has a floor finally!' gyvr

I'll meet you guys there!

Post Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:27 am 
Jeeper in IN

jeep is loaded on the trailer and ready to go! im staying sat and sun anyone else? an ill be meeting you guys at gas station 6:30

4" rough country suspension lift 2" bds body lift ford 8.8 rear dana 30 front 33x12.50x15 bfg m/t with 15x8 procomp soft 8's 8000lb smitty built winch
dd saturn vue

Post Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:18 am 
X2 truck and trailer ready to roll. :) Me fatbags and highcenteredxj will be leaving around 6 or so.See you guys at the BADLANDS :beavis2:One day trip for us.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:26 am 

jeeps are on the trailer and ready to go...will be at the gas station hopefully by 6:30ish

Post Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:40 am 
Tang Soo

chaz wrote:
jeeps are on the trailer and ready to go...will be at the gas station hopefully by 6:30ish

what he said...

mac 'leave by 7am...maybe 7:05 :) ' gyvr

Post Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:15 am 
Dirty tranny

geez is it 6:30am yet i am so ready to leave :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
wiil be there about 6:45 am w/ passenger

GOD,

Post Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:02 am 
Smokey rolls

i wont be meeting you at at the gas station we are leaving from the house to head that way after being up till 2 getting the hunk of shit finished got ready to load it on the trailer and believe starters bout out of it so we gonna try to get ahead of everyone a lil and stop to get and install a starter if some one could call me at 260-341-9463 when the are close to badlands i would appreciate it that way i can meet up with you all

Post Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:26 am 

I just got home. It was a pleasure wheeling with all of you. :)

Macgyvr: I'm sorry about the mixup in the beginning. I genuinely thought I was the last guy in the lot, so I was busting ass trying to get my junk together and get with the rest of the group. If I would have known you were still unloading, I would have waited up for you.

Ozzy: I hope your transmission-killing trip through that mudhole won't dissuade you from wheeling with us again in the future.

M38: Thanks for the offer on that armor. I am planning on giving you something for them, as I don't feel right getting that stuff for free off of you. :)

xjtrey: damn man

Post Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:36 am 
Smokey rolls

oh yeah trip was pretty bad ass i had a blast testing out ole stump jumper and wheeling with you guys and mike thanx for bein patient and helpin me out through the day and thanx to dan and matt for ummmmmm well technical winching lol

Post Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:42 am 
Jeeper in IN

we had a blast.thanks to everyone who gave me pointers and confidence boosters.cant wait to go back.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:43 am 
Pap's mirror

xjtrey wrote:
oh yeah trip was pretty bad ass i had a blast testing out ole stump jumper and wheeling with you guys and mike thanx for bein patient and helpin me out through the day and thanx to dan and matt for ummmmmm well technical winching lol

man i still cant believe after all we had went thru today, after all the close spots and pucker factors i spotted you thru and even warned you about b4 you got to them. you had to roll with out even given me a..."Hey Ya'll Watch This". lmao. hope ya had fun today bud. you and the ole stump jumper did good. :tu2:

had fun as usual fellers. :2up:

Post Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:48 am 
Dirty tranny

txs to all the people who helped me out today the guy who pulled me out (stomper,paps,goodfellaz,mrchevyfatbags) :2up: :2up:
way to help out a fellow jeeper,owe you guys anytime,anywhere!!!!!!!

GOD,

Last edited by tellozzy on Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:11 am 
sorry, i couldn't do more ozzy. first time taking the wife down there and wanted to make surte she had a good time.

everything went fine for me, until i got out the gate. my damn drivers rear wheel and tire came off as i was driving by the camp ground. thought the axle shats snapped, but i just didn't have any lugnuts left on that wheel. lol

pictures coming soon guy, 125+ picture take some time to download.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:11 am 
Had a blast out there today guys.My heep is all in one piece....I think :?
Fatbags lost all 5 of his lug nuts after we left the gate tonight^.Almost lost the wheel.They were all lose,tightened em down,grabbed 5 off my heep for the right rear and had her back on the road in a few mins. :tu2:

Ozzy I hope you get that figured out bud!No problem on getting you back out of orange we don't leave the wounded on the trail that's for sure.Ryans jeep did amazing pulling you out of there on a/t's.

Had fun everybody :2up: Look forward to wheelin with all of you again :)

Post Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:42 pm 
Tang Soo

Back home after some sunday wheelin. Got water in the baby jeep today on orange trail over the seats...i was soaked from the waste down, beyond another dent in the bumper (tubes made it smile) and a completely soaked interior, I don't think there is any permanent damage, i turned the heat up in the garage and i'll let it set to dry out.

Alpine, I'm not sure what happened saturday morning except we had a few housekeeping items to get done on the rigs to be trail ready and I turned around and most of the jeepinininers were gone...we made it work, with that many people smaller groups fitted nicely...i did get to wheel with lance today...

mac 'floorboards are...SEALED up' gyvr

Post Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:59 pm 
Pap's mirror

hey mac i took off when the boards guys took off. there were some guys in our board that are new to wheel too and i figured i would go with our guys. kinda the same thing tho. looked up and they were drivin away. i figured you and chase were wantin to wheel with your naxja guys anyway. sorry if there was a problem there.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:01 pm 
Jeeper in IN

im glad ive learned what not to do. mac you go first! haha. had a blast down there the 8.8 did nicely going from an open diff to an lsd makes it a whole new world out there cant wait to have locked front and rear

dd saturn vue

Post Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:32 pm 

First chance to get on here! We had a blast! It was a perfect weather day! Also glad I could help you out Ozzy! I would have hated to leave you there for hours waiting on someone to get you home. My friend wants to find a Jeep now!!!!!!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:38 am 
Jeeper in IN

Mac, I hear ya brother my xj Sat. was also
up to the seats in the front and I was also wet
from the waist down my feet were under water
working the gas and brake. Having a wet cold
legs and rear end sucks!

02 silverado2500 hd

Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:18 am 
Sounds like some waders would of came in handy.
Glad everyone made it home safely, looking forward to the April Fools Run :2up:

Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:42 am 
Tang Soo

PapsOldDually wrote:
hey mac i took off when the boards guys took off. there were some guys in our board that are new to wheel too and i figured i would go with our guys. kinda the same thing tho. looked up and they were drivin away. i figured you and chase were wantin to wheel with your naxja guys anyway. sorry if there was a problem there.

i would've taken both naxja and board guys, i'm posted on both so that all new guys that wanted the experience could have it. i wouldn't have posted here if i wasn't willing...as long as they found someone to show them around and had a good time, that's really all i care about...

mac '12 miles on the odo of trails' gyvr

Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:08 am 
Dirty tranny

kickin myself in the ass for not following you mac might have diverted all the trouble :doh:

GOD,

Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:59 am 
Jeeper in IN

tellozzy wrote:
kickin myself in the ass for not following you mac might have diverted all the trouble :doh:

i wouldnt say that all he did was lead us to water holes! lmao

dd saturn vue

Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:37 am 
Yeah ozzy you can't put the heat on the people you were wheelin with.No one said it was ok, cause no one had been through it yet or checked the depth,they said go for it.I was backing up myself to hit that hole and you went first.Besides at the badlands you just never know what's gonna go wrong when.If it was'nt there it could've happened an hour or two later.I had water up to the rockers more than a few times saturday.I hope that bum tranny don't discourage you from wheeling at the badlands.You could just say your first trip was a bad one.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:30 pm 
Dirty tranny

no i think some people thought it would be hillarious to see me stuck being a newbie and all and i ultimatley was a fuckin idiot for giving in to the peer pressure

GOD,

Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:36 pm 
Pap's mirror

tellozzy wrote:
no i think some people thought it would be hillarious to see me stuck being a newbie and all and i ultimatley was a intercourse idiot for giving in to the peer pressure

bill you are throwing around a lot of...
dumbasses,
fuckin idiot,
and saying ya wont trust ppl anymore.

again, trust me when i saw i have been in your shoes, to an extent. yes you drove in the hole. but man ya need to try and not be so hard on yourself or the ppl who were there. in happens to everyone at some point. i know its your daily drive, so was mine when my tranny went out. it doesnt help any i know but, as bad as it sounds, try to make a learning notch on the ole steering wheel and keep on going. macs baby jeep had water at the seats INSIDE, so did beez. but yes his is a play toy. extrey's crushed the top. it happens to us all. :eyebrows:

Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:54 pm 
mr. snuffleupagus

tellozzy wrote:
no i think some people thought it would be hillarious to see me stuck being a newbie and all and i ultimatley was a intercourse idiot for giving in to the peer pressure

I know I was not there, but I doubt they were telling you to go in to see you get stuck, or wreck you rig. Looking at the pics I'm sure you have been in deeper holes at giraffe genitals.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:30 pm 

Blue wrote:
tellozzy wrote:

I know I was not there, but I doubt they were telling you to go in to see you get stuck, or wreck you rig. Looking at the pics I'm sure you have been in deeper holes at castration.

What Blue said. There isn't a single person on this board that would deliberately want to get a newbie stuck someplace. Think whatever you want, but the jeepers on here just don't roll like that.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:55 pm 
Dirty tranny

yea greasy sphincter probly right notch up the ole steering wheel and learn from it

maybe it's all just shock i dont know first im pissed then im bummin just dont need this shit right now and like boarder said in my tranny post if i need to drive i probly shouldnt wheel it

its just people were standing around laughing and i felt like a fuckin idiot, gonna be awhile before i go again thats 4 sure
i didnt mean to incinuate blame on other people ultimatly i am responsible bottom line & hold nobody else responsible

apologies to anyone i might have offended

GOD,

Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:02 pm 
Tang Soo

I was disappointed that more people didn't camp! It wasn't really all that bad, I'm camping again this coming weekend for t4t and its going to be at least 10 or more degrees cooler...

mac 'two space heaters are better than one...plus 1/5 of jack helps' gyvr

Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:04 pm 
Jeeper in IN

bill i dont no where you are coming from by saying people wanted to see you stuck because you were a newbie.that was our first time there also and there wasnt one person there that wanted to see people get stuck or break there jeeps.there were a few awesome trail guides and i learned alot from them.but even the guys that werent that experienced wasnt there to cause problems.it stinks when something break but that is the nature of what we are doing eventially something will break and you have to expect that.the people on this board is to help people not cause them to break there stuff.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:10 pm 
Mac I kinda wish I would've stayed and threw back a few with ya.Got up the next day and wheeled some more.No more one day trips for me,I was beat when I got home.One day of wheeling goes by quick.It would be nice if they had later hours.I like night wheeling :tu2:

X...? Ozzy no one even wanted to see you stuck,let alone broke.Sorry if it feels like we're just pouring salt here,just tryin to let ya know we are all here to work with each other not against each other :2up: If you need any help a ride here or there whatever I'm right around the corner bro.Don't hesitate to call.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:04 pm 
Tang Soo

GoodfellazXJ wrote:
Mac I kinda wish I would've stayed and threw back a few with ya.Got up the next day and wheeled some more.No more one day trips for me,I was beat when I got home.One day of wheeling goes by quick.It would be nice if they had later hours.I like night wheeling :tu2:

i don't do day trip anymore...too tiring...i rarely get to wheel on sunday, it was fun spending a few more hours there sunday morning...even with that swamp out...

later hours are when they have more sunlight to go with the later hours...night wheelin makes it harder to get people out on time...

mac 'good times' gyvr

Post Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:19 am 
Jeeper in IN

Hey Ozzy you can drive my truck next time. You drive it there and we can alternate driving it. It may not be a jeep but it will get the job done.

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Wheeling, Offroad Events, Land Use, Competitions