Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Wheeling, Offroad Events, Land Use, Competitions

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ] 
 Post subject: Kessie Acres - TBD
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:45 pm 
Ok , My brain hasnt been able to shake the urge to go wheel, and to go back and do some wheeling at Kessie acres in South Whitely. I had so much fun there I have to go back Tom and Pam Kessie love Jeeps each of the family have Jeeps. They built those trails with a man by the name of Sergio Montelongo, who tragically lost his life before the trails were complete. Tom hadnt really wanted to complete the trails until Craig approached him about doing the Poker Run. So a couple of weeks before the run the Kessie Family started completing what Sergio and Tom started. I just thought everyone should what went on behind the scenes and what this meant to the Kessies to host the Poker Run. I just thought everyone would appreciate and understand that us wheeling there was not only fun but a healing process for the Kessie Family. Everyone who knows me knows I am very grateful for the huge turnout for the Poker Run and Tom and his family had such a blast with us being there. They have invited us back to come out hit the trails again.
- Now the fun part knowing how much fun we all had there( myself included) I thought I would ask Tom and Pam if we could possibly come back maybe in November maybe the 21st in November I thought I would ask the Jeepininin board if this would be something that everyone would be interested in doing before I ask The Kessie Family. I dont know if this will happen . I have talked to Tom and he said he will get with the el conquistador(Pam ) lol , but he doesnt have anything for that day.

Post subject: Re: Kessie Acres 21st November
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:03 pm 
Pap's mirror

sounds like a cool idea. 1 word of advise though. post up a dtae. dont ask what date works because it will end up being more of a headache for you. no one will have the same dates able to work for everyone else. pick a date, ask the ppl if it works for their family if it does post it as the date to go.

:tu2: sounds like fun to me. we be there.

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:18 pm 
The Date is November 21st , 2009, a day to wheel, grill, hang around the fire, get stuck, LOL watch everyone be little kids, Ya I call that a good time

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:21 pm 
xjryder wrote:
The Date is November 21st , 2009

Death wobble gone ,so Im in :2up: :2up:( P.s. better not tell Andrea he might :crybaby2: )

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:36 pm 
21st works for me! and im not on call!!

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:41 pm 
IM IN

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:42 pm 
zxtoxj wrote:
IM IN

you need to get your motor fixed so i don't have to wait for you to get out of a pit cause it died.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:49 pm 
spackled

So, this is like a pre-run, check out the rig day, for the Turkey Run?
We'll definitely try to be there!

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:48 pm 
Jeeper in IN

fuck you kevin lol

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:51 pm 
Jeeper in IN

I'll be there man! WOOOHOOOO!!!!!! :tu2:

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:09 pm 
Pap's mirror

hey had a good Q asked.....this a day wheelin or over night campin? :?

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:15 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Tom & Pam Kessie here...Yes we do love our jeeps! So happy to hear everyone had such a great time. We had no idea what a great success the ODZ Poker Run would be. :o We are still in the process of figuring out how to share our trails with others. For now...we are working out all the kinks...and looking for the best way to share our trails and maintain the neighborhood. (Special thanks to our neighbors for dealing with all the MUD on the road.)

We do have a request. Before we can consider opening the trails up we need requests made and [you]confirmed[/you] before dates are posted online. We will need to know how many jeeps you are requesting to come as we will need to limit the number to keep it fun for all. At this time we will not be opening up for public overnights. (only family and friends)

We are in the proces of checking into everything we need to do for liability, insurance etc. So...stay tuned!

At this time we haven't confirmed the 21st.

Again, we couldn't be happier you enjoyed our trails. Anyone wishing to contact us please email us at fire632@aol.com

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:12 pm 
carb, not motor

boarderbm wrote:
zxtoxj wrote:
IM IN

you need to get your motor fixed so i don't have to wait for you to get out of a pit cause it died.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:18 pm 
Male nurse in training

I'll try to make it, but I will probbely be working

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:37 am 
Likes dudes pitching tents

fire632 wrote:
Tom & Pam Kessie here...Yes we do love our jeeps! So happy to hear everyone had such a great time. We had no idea what a great success the ODZ Poker Run would be. :o We are still in the process of figuring out how to share our trails with others. For meow...we are working out all the kinks...and looking for the best way to share our trails and maintain the neighborhood. (Special thanks to our neighbors for dealing with all the MUD on the road.)

We do have a request. Before we can consider opening the trails up we need requests made and [you]confirmed[/you] before dates are posted online. We will need to know how many jeeps you are requesting to come as we will need to limit the number to keep it fun for all. At this time we will not be opening up for public overnights. (only family and friends)

We are in the proces of checking into everything we need to do for liability, insurance etc. So...stay tuned!

At this time we haven't confirmed the 21st.

Again, we couldn't be happier you enjoyed our trails. Anyone wishing to contact us please email us at fire632@aol.com

Out of respect for the Kessies, I'm going to change the topic to (TBD) until they confirm that it's ok. That way, they don't have a bunch of Jeeps show up at their place unexpected.

"McDonald's was giving me the run-around, so you can understand where that's coming from," -- Moore

"I'm eating my McDonald's. I come outside. I see this girl going nuts trying to get out of a house." -- Charles Ramsey

“My reaction, I mean, I’m kinda scarred. I want to, you know, I want to be able to know more, you know, cause I having a son and I’m about to raise him right in this house so when you guys tell me a dead body, I’m like, you know, I’ve never seen no activity, you know, for nothing bad… I don’t know,” -- Ciera Richter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KANI2dpXLw

Post subject: Re: Kessie Acres - TBD
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:12 pm 
Jeeper in IN

hey if its gets oked could i take my truck or is it a jeep thing?

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:26 pm 
That is what I said I had talked to Tom and we discussed "MAYBE" the 21st "IF" it works for them and everything goes smoothly. That date was a generalized projection. It was never set in stone . I was trying to get an idea of how many Jeepers would be up for the wheeling date, at no time did I say "Hey they said we could come out , and wheel on the 21st lets all go". This is just an idea, if it works out with waivers, insurance, and the Kessie's guidelines then that was the date that we were trying to see. If someone took it as such I apologize for any misunderstanding

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:30 pm 
Jeeper in IN

if we get to go we will be up fpr it but might not be able to make it until early afternoon.cant wait to see those wonderful people again.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:43 pm 
Dirty tranny

i am in :tu2: :tu2: :tu2: :tu2:

BE GOOD AT IT!!!!![/color]

GOD,
grant me the serenity to accept the impossible trails i cannot crawl, the courage to crawl the twisted trails i can, and the wisdom to keep the tire side down!

Post Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:48 am 
Jeeper in IN

IF it turns out to be a go can I run my Ram or is this for jeeps like chance79 said. If I can run my truck I would be interested. If the family needs help with trying to find insurance my mother has been in the biz and can point them in the right direction such as a good agency to work with.

Last edited by kc98ram on Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:08 am 
Jeeper in IN

I am in if all goes to plan!!

Post Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:08 am 
Giggling Little Schoolgirl

I'm on this like stink on shit... If all goes well of course... :)

Post Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:55 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Oh heck yea!!!! Count me in!!!!!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:28 pm 
n00b
n00b

i am in for the 21st and if it is something we have to pay for i am ok with that. i had a awsome time with the jeep jam and at trhe kessie's house. thank you guys very much for letting us use your trails

thanks again

shelden

Post Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:16 pm 
Pap's mirror

oops. i talked to xjryder a few days ago about this thread. im gonna go ahead and go 1 step farther the alpine did. again, out of respect for Mr & Mrs Kessie im locking this thread up. these folks opened up their property to be used once for a good cause. a VERY minor talk took place about it happening again for us and i feel even after they had posted up it is something that will be a long ways off if it does happen, there is still a lot of ppl posting up wanting to go. i know we all like to go wheeling and loved it out there but they dont need to feel pressured about. if and when they want to open up their property to be used again they are welcome to make up a new post stating the details of their plans

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ] 

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Wheeling, Offroad Events, Land Use, Competitions