Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Wheeling, Offroad Events, Land Use, Competitions

Post subject: Rocks and Valleys Sept 1st
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:20 pm 
Tang Soo

Yes, Sept 1st, its a Thursday. I'm going wheelin with a buddy of mine from Michigan. We are going on a Thursday. He lives about 30 minutes from the park, we are staying at his house.

Anyone that has days off during the week that would like to come can come with us. They are going to open the park for us as long as there are 6 rigs. We have three so far.

I'm leaving on Aug 31st, wednesday afternoon. It should take four hours to get up there. We are staying at my buddies house, plenty of room for camping. We will wheel on Sept 1st, hang at my buddies house Thursday evening, and returned on Friday morning back by early afternoon.

You are welcome to come and camp and hang or just come wheeling, just let me know if you are going to come.

I have a two place trailer. I would like to take another rig with me to wheel and split fuel. My best estimation is your half for fuel would be 110 to 130 depending on fuel prices.

mac 'wheelin during the week!' gyvr

My idea of a perfect vacation is a road trip through beautiful country. To make it really fun, all that's needed is a modified vehicle, a few close friends, and some serious off-roading. Cole Quinnell - Editor, 4WOR, Dec 99
My Drinking Team has a Racing Problem

Post subject: Re: Rocks and Valleys Sept 1st
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:36 pm 
batman

I might be interested just depends if I can get my transfercase issue figured out and my trackbar relocated. Let me know some more details. My number is 2766172535

Post Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:02 pm 
Tang Soo

bmaley79 wrote:
I might be interested just depends if I can get my transfercase issue figured out and my trackbar relocated. Let me know some more details. My number is 2766172535

Somehow I missed this. What time is good to call?

If your tcase figured out?

mac 'still an open spot on the trailer' gyvr

My idea of a perfect vacation is a road trip through beautiful country. To make it really fun, all that's needed is a modified vehicle, a few close friends, and some serious off-roading. Cole Quinnell - Editor, 4WOR, Dec 99

Post Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:57 am 
Jeeper in IN

I had a great time. I will get pics up as soon as i go thru them all.

Big thanks to macgyvr, Dan and rocks and valleys for setting this up. I was really happy with how the yam did.

Great time, great wheeling, and awesome people!

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:15 am 
Tang Soo

Was good to meet you. Odd how you drive 4 hours to an off road park to meet someone that lives in Fort Wayne...

mac 'good times' gyvr

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:26 am 
Jeeper in IN

Good to meet you too! It was nice to put a face to the name and see that rig in action as well.

I also thought it was ultra cool how patient you and dan were with us "little" wheelers!

I'll try to keep in touch that way it's not the next 4hour wheelin' trip when i see you again.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:16 pm 
Tang Soo

Thanks, its always great when the guys with the smaller jeeps have a great attitude about the day and put up with me having a tire issue and that dang hub...no one died cause of leaking fuel either.

Dan and I have helped lead trails at the Badlands for many years. We've also taken people out on "newbie" runs before. Everyone has to start somewhere and Dan and I completely respect that. You'll learn more out on the trail in one day than on the internet or somewhere else.

mac 'next time i'll see you is probably at the badlands...3 hrs away :) 'gyvr

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Wheeling, Offroad Events, Land Use, Competitions