Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Projects, Build Threads, Pictures, Videos

Post subject: Operation Notchback/Veterans Build
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:55 pm 
Well we have been building on this 89 XJ for about 4 months here is the list of things we have had to do.
-complete teardown of 89 XJ removing all rust and old/broken parts.
- complete removal of floor due to rust
-removal of old interior to update with 97-01 seats, carpet , dash, center console. door skins
- updated fenders (99 XJ)
-fiberglass bezel(01 XJ)
-doors driverside(01 XJ)
-doors passengerside(99 XJ)
-removing rear hatch
-cutting top and back section of roof
-fabbing in 92 Ford Ranger rear section of cab
-front floor section weld in, rear floor cargo section weld in

This is the stuff that needs to be done yet/money and donations and time:

- fit doors
- Dyno Spray inside of Jeep
- Ryno line underbody
-install fuel tank, hoses, and all brake lines
-install wiring harness(01 XJ)
-install dash ,interior,carpet, center console
-4.0 motor C&P machine(01 XJ)
-H.O. head machined and revalved(01xj)
-change tranny fluid and filter

Custom parts/Aftermarket parts needed
-6.5 rock Krawler lift kit
-SYE kit
-driveshafts front and rear
-D44 lockers and gears, D30 lockers and gears
-header,exhaust
-radiator, water pump, electric fans
-33x12.5x15 tires(already have 15x12 Crager street locks)
- Spacers JKS
-centercaps
-bumpers front and rear with tire carrier, whore 8000# -9000#
-headlights ,Auto Pal upgrades

Anything else I have forgotten to put in here , but as far as this goes, I know there is already a build thread under XJryder buys a new /89 XJ, but it didnt have a "Official Title" to the build

My time frame is October 10th 2009 for the O'Daniel Jeep Jam
I know its a long shot because there is alot of stuff this rig still needs, but I am hoping it all falls in place.
Remember this is a rig for ROC who alot of you already have met,

any question PM me , or -nbkfox7@hotmail.com-,

Attachments:
with driver fender on.JPG
with driver fender on.JPG [ 21.19 KiB | Viewed 85124 times ]
passengerside fender on.JPG
passengerside fender on.JPG [ 23.26 KiB | Viewed 85130 times ]
new rear side.JPG
new rear side.JPG [ 21.92 KiB | Viewed 85127 times ]
new rear wall.JPG
new rear wall.JPG [ 21.8 KiB | Viewed 85125 times ]
and the backseat.JPG
and the backseat.JPG [ 21.33 KiB | Viewed 85124 times ]
pretty.JPG
pretty.JPG [ 23.13 KiB | Viewed 85109 times ]

Post subject: Re: Operation Notchback/Veterans Build
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:25 pm 
well we got the floor mostly welded in today till we ran out of argon. ROC (Jermy) learned to weld! touched up the notchback seem with some new sheet metal. mike and matt are going to rip out interior tommarow out of anouther xj for the heep. very productive day.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:53 pm 
Pap's mirror

XJ gutted 99.99999999999999 % of the way.

sorry didnt get up the house matt.

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Post Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:32 pm 
web wheeling is off the hook!!!

matt you have my number... call me when you need a hand

1987 comanche 4bangin 4x4 (stock for now)
2007 powerwheels jeep unlimited

Post Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:51 pm 
finished welding in the floor and started to figure out the cast bracket that mounts the steering wheel , figures that it doesnt bolt right up, Jerks!!! LOL

Post Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:14 am 
got the dash and steering wheel in today. 1 huge sigh of relief. it was alot of work converting 2 diff years. everything had to be modified but we got the job done. thought matt was gone hurt someone for a sec there. stressing when stuff wouldnt fit, but smileing by the end of it at all we got done. not sure if hes gona post pics of the progress. he could really use some extra help if you guys could come over and give him a hand.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:56 am 
I am so tired I didnt take any pics I went took a shower ,I will post pics tommarrow. Thanks Brandon for all the help, and for keeping me from throwing something through the wall. The next is sheet metal, I need wheel wells made, I need to fabb out the wheel wells, box in the back end and start the rear cab window area, Philbert I need those clips, and body dope for the seems ASAP. I need to start painting the door jams, interior metal sections, SO I need paint and a HVLP. sandpaper,scuff pads, 220 grit DA ,surface cleaner, "PHILBERT"!!!!!!! HInt, Hint

Post Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:43 am 
here it is the dash , it was not wanting to go in but we got some baby powder!!!! Pimp slap!!!!!

Attachments:
new dash.JPG
new dash.JPG [ 19.83 KiB | Viewed 84944 times ]
floor in and dash in.JPG
floor in and dash in.JPG [ 23.42 KiB | Viewed 84945 times ]

Post Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:21 pm 
Jeeper in IN

im free till six and im coming over to look at it. be there shortly

4" rough country suspension lift 2" bds body lift ford 8.8 rear dana 30 front 33x12.50x15 bfg m/t with 15x8 procomp soft 8's 8000lb smitty built winch
dd saturn vue

Post Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:37 pm 
xjryder wrote:
I am so tired I didnt take any pics I went took a shower ,I will post pics tommarrow. Thanks Brandon for all the help, and for keeping me from throwing something through the wall. The next is sheet metal, I need wheel wells made, I need to fabb out the wheel wells, box in the back end and start the rear cab window area, Philbert I need those clips, and body dope for the seems ASAP. I need to start painting the door jams, interior metal sections, SO I need paint and a HVLP. sandpaper,scuff pads, 220 grit DA ,surface cleaner, "PHILBERT"!!!!!!! HInt, Hint

I have to pay for most materials I take from work. some stuff, I can get away with, but some stuff is in the computer. If It runs out early, the computer will know something is wrong. :acclaim: Some stuff we need, I have at home, and will donate. Some stuff I will buy from work, and will trade for old parts! :eyebrows: , And some stuff you will have to pay for, but I will put it on my account, so you get the "Player price"! I'll be able to make it over Sun., Or Mon., and will start making us a Body and paint shopping list!

Post Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:40 am 
I will trade you stuff, that is a deal, I dont mean for you to take anything , maybe ask the el conquistador man if they would want to donate some material, a gallon of paint , primer, and hardener, clearcoat, stuff like that?

- any how last night I switched out Steering columns, and instrument gauges, because Economy said cosmetic, nothing mechanical. so I have to take those things back

- started taking out the alarm system, and going through all the wiring, and I will be
- removing wiring out of the 01 XJ
- remove the brackets out of the 01 to weld into the 89,
- remove door pins out of the 01, and driver doors
-take the head to be machined, revalved
- and list goes on!

Post Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:47 pm 
Went over to Matt's after Mike and I went over to put Bryans old XJ on his trailer, "Fun,Fun". then I came back to "real quick" cut out the wheel wells, some other brackets, and then opened up the floor to expose the TC for Matt, then realized at 11pm I couldnt stand too well, so ROC helped me get home, and this morning after trying to get out of bed I finally made it down the hall to the couch, I decided that I would take a break today and stare at the parts on the trailer, I will be fabbing out the wheel wells sometime this week, I will take pics of my progress , and a big thanks to Borderbum, and Tuffjarhead, Paps, Bryan, and Roc for all the help this week. Big thanks to Stiller off 9.89 the Bear for giving me some air time on the Operation Notchback.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:18 pm 
Heading over to matts tonight to work on the xj if anyone else would like to help out..

Post Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:21 am 
tacked in the inner wheel wells, cut some extra sheet metal apart, Brandon finished tacking the upper panels, then we wanted to test fit the rear wall, and back bench seat. After Brandon left I put the cover and panel back on the steering column.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:42 pm 
finished fabrication on the back wheel wells today. starting to look like somthing.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:05 pm 
Dirty tranny

hey guys i dont have a lot of knowledge but i would like to lend a couple of hands and the willingness to learn i dont really have money to donate just time and the want to learn that is if you dont mind a bunch of why's? pm me let me know if i can help and learn in anyway

:tu2:

BE GOOD AT IT!!!!![/color]

GOD,
grant me the serenity to accept the impossible trails i cannot crawl, the courage to crawl the twisted trails i can, and the wisdom to keep the tire side down!

Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:41 pm 
Bill when ever you want to come over we wil be doin stuff every day

-Today I ventured over to 9.89 the bear and talked about the build in more detail, Stiller wants to do a whole segment on this build, in the morning or on his airtime next week, having that airtime can greatly effect getting more accomplished, and being able to maybe get in touch with other veterans in need. Anyway I thought that this would be great to help .

Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:08 pm 
but don't most veterans listen to country? :? haha

Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:38 pm 
boarderbm wrote:

dont most young kids listen to crap? :? not all vets are hillbilly.....we have to wear the camo for our job not by choice :flipoff2: :booty: hahahahahahahaha

Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:34 pm 
Dirty tranny

txs xj i will stop by soon

tell "future mechanic in the works" ozzy

GOD,
grant me the serenity to accept the impossible trails i cannot crawl, the courage to crawl the twisted trails i can, and the wisdom to keep the tire side down!

Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:43 pm 
ROC wrote:
boarderbm wrote:

dont most young kids listen to crap? :? not all vets are hillbilly.....we have to wear the camo for our job not by choice :flipoff2: :booty: hahahahahahahaha

Ya most do listen to that rap shit. I like me some country personaly.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:58 pm 
Pap's mirror

ROC wrote:
boarderbm wrote:

lol, you get him jeremy! :) :tu2:

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:04 am 
I listen to everything, I think its awsome that are even thinking about doing a segment about this and even letting me talk(thats dangerous), so stay tuned to the same bat time , same bat channel

Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:25 am 
have to let us know when it will be so we can listen in. its a great idea.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:20 pm 
I am thinking it will be next week?????? Maybe/ IDK. I will post more pics as soon as I get my laptop back next week. Its the weekend, and thinkin its goin to start back on the Notchback Saturday, grinding , and welding, and fabbing out some new stuff, carefully,CAREFULLY removing wiring from 01, anyone want to come over PM, or call me.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:31 pm 
Thanks to Ozzy yesterday comin over and helpin with the removal of the wiring out of the 01 "Red Wagon" XJ, today we will be cutting out the rockers and removin th metal we dont need.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:51 pm 
Dirty tranny

np will be back soon :tu2:

GOD,

Post Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:55 pm 
Brandon came over today and we fabbed in the rear sides, and I cut the rest of the rockers out so we can weld in sliders. Then we started figuring out how big it would sit and DAMN!!!!!!Its gonna be a huge bitch.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:44 pm 
Next Tuesday at 8 a.m. the T&T morning show will have a Operation Notchback Special, and have a segiment in hopes to raise the rest of the money for the build, Listen Tuesday Augest 4th for our Notchback Special. The $6,300.00 is what needs raised.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:02 pm 
mr. snuffleupagus

xjryder wrote:
Next Tuesday at 8 a.m. the T&T morning show will have a Operation Notchback Special, and have a segiment in hopes to raise the rest of the money for the build, Listen Tuesday Augest 4th for our Notchback Special. The $6,300.00 is what needs raised.

So what is happening to this when you get it done? your asking for these donations, is the truck getting donated to some one, or someplace? I'm sure you already told us, but I may have missed it.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:21 pm 
After this XJ is built it is given to Roc,( Title and Keys), who is a Iraq War veteran . The deal was I would build a DD/Trail rig/ Family vehicle ,that is an off road, Daily Driver that the whole family can enjoy. The only catch is that he has to get screened for Traumatic Brain Injury, PTSD, get his back checked out, his hearing and all medical things due to military service(12 Years of it). He gave alot for us to enjoy our freedoms, and I thought it would be a great thing for all of us to be involved, community to get behind this and instead of showing support by talking about it. They put our money where our mouth is. I have invested $2600.00 in this so far I am almost tapped out, because I am using my disability and donations from others(thanks Hoosier truck ckub,Economy Autoparts,Auto Bumper Exchange)to complete this project, and guys are donating time in fabbing metal(thanks BorderBum), meeting me at the junk yards so we can get all the interior(thanks Paps), guys are giving parts(thanks Bryan)Donating labor(thanks TuffJarHead), ETC. Its coming along great, but I need so much more(Lift Kit, Engine,head machined,Tires,Radiator,Electric fans,Exhaust system,bumpers, whore, and all the little nickel and dime stuff that can break a project). The last thing is the Paint Job ( 2009 Burnt Orange). So I hope that everything comes together.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:44 pm 
couple pics i have after completing the floor, fabing rear fenders, and mounted dash. we have more done as of now.

Attachments:
File comment: Jermy and Matt
Picture 019.jpg
Picture 019.jpg [ 71.16 KiB | Viewed 84519 times ]
Picture 018.jpg
Picture 018.jpg [ 58.41 KiB | Viewed 84519 times ]
Picture 017.jpg
Picture 017.jpg [ 60.05 KiB | Viewed 84515 times ]

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:07 pm 
I talked to U.S. 93.3 and they said that they will be checking into putting this
"Operation Notchback" into their events calendar to raise money for the build

$6,300.00 is the remainder of the tally to finish the build.

Thanks again to all who have and are helping with this build, alot of hands have been apart of the success of this build, thats what make Jeep guys and girls awesome.

Remember Tuesday August 4th at 8 a.m. 9.89 the Bear Morning show

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:19 pm 
Pap's mirror

xjryder wrote:
After this XJ is built it is given to Roc,( Title and Keys), who is a Iraq War veteran . The deal was I would build a DD/Trail rig/ Family vehicle ,that is an off road, Daily Driver that the whole family can enjoy. The only catch is that he has to get screened for Traumatic Brain Injury, PTSD, get his back checked out, his hearing and all medical things due to military service(12 Years of it). He gave alot for us to enjoy our freedoms, and I thought it would be a great thing for all of us to be involved, community to get behind this and instead of showing support by talking about it. They put our money where our mouth is. I have invested $2600.00 in this so far I am almost tapped out, because I am using my disability and donations from others(thanks Hoosier truck ckub,Economy Autoparts,Auto Bumper Exchange)to complete this project, and guys are donating time in fabbing metal(thanks BorderBum), meeting me at the junk yards so we can get all the interior(thanks Paps), guys are giving parts(thanks Bryan)Donating labor(thanks TuffJarHead), ETC. Its coming along great, but I need so much more(Lift Kit, Engine,head machined,Tires,Radiator,Electric fans,Exhaust system,bumpers, whore, and all the little nickel and dime stuff that can break a project). The last thing is the Paint Job ( 2009 Burnt Orange). So I hope that everything comes together.

done! its settin in my garage. it needs some work but if ya want a used ramsey 8000lbs its goin to the cause!

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:29 pm 
Holy shnikeeee's thanks Pap my Old fellow crackhead lol. That is bad ass!!!!!!

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:33 pm 
Pap's mirror

:)

Post Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:14 pm 
Jeeper in IN

What machining needs done on the head and engine? My wifey works for napa and might be able to get some strings pulled on that. No promises but...

Also might be able to get some hookup on parts either free or cheap thru napa. You might have to put somthing on paper and meet with the napa people but it may be worth the time. Let me see what she thinks and if she thinks they would back this some I'll post my number so we can talk and figure some of this out.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:21 pm 
That would be great the 4.0 motor and head are out of a 01 XJ, the head floated a valve, and needs machined, revalved, the motor has sat with the head off in weather so the motor would have to be flushed, all the cylinders hoaned, new rings,new bearings,etc., and reassembled, ARP bolts for the head,head gasket, new timing chain, new starter, new alternator, plugs, wires,rotor,cap, gasket set, pushrods, valvecover, hoses, radiator(3 core) BRX hoses, and electric fan setup (2200 cfm) from Baseline 4x4 outfitters. That is the list for the motor, I will drain and install a new tranny filter, and gasket/fluid.

- need new U-Joints, driveshafts balenced

- exhaust, header, muffler, etc.

- then we have to get everything together ,brackets , lines, coolant, refrigerant,etc.

- I have the 01 XJ that we can remove all the wiring from so if anyone wants to help I need people to come over remove seats out of the 01 to remove wiring

- the Jeep is ready to have body work done, and then can be put in primer, TuffJarhead will be doing the rollcage this month, I just have to get him the money ($400), which I have tommarrow

and thats is what needs done right now.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:55 pm 
Jeeper in IN

ok, I got some info for ya. I don't know if any of it will help but I think I should relay it too you. Way to much to type.

call me. i am avaliable during the day til 4pm

4 zero niner 8 six niner seven

Todd

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:26 am 
I called you and left a message, and I will be here working on the Notchback Saturday all day , give me a ring, come on over

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:21 pm 
progress pics. back wall and back top fenders finished. got bored and made a seat and fan over an old recliner.

Attachments:
Picture 051.jpg
Picture 051.jpg [ 87.04 KiB | Viewed 84317 times ]
Picture 046.jpg
Picture 046.jpg [ 108.84 KiB | Viewed 84315 times ]
Picture 054.jpg
Picture 054.jpg [ 80.37 KiB | Viewed 84312 times ]
Picture 049.jpg
Picture 049.jpg [ 67.17 KiB | Viewed 84309 times ]
Picture 048.jpg
Picture 048.jpg [ 82.35 KiB | Viewed 84303 times ]
Picture 047.jpg
Picture 047.jpg [ 82.44 KiB | Viewed 84300 times ]

Post Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:58 am 
Dirty tranny

sweet :tu2:
r you guys working on it sun?
thinking of coming over to help

ok so i answered my own question we will be at the car show

GOD,

Post Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:31 am 
Jeeper in IN

xjryder wrote:
I called you and left a message, and I will be here working on the Notchback Saturday all day , give me a ring, come on over

I was pretty busy all weekend. When are you available to talk today? I can call you then or you can call me anytime.

Thanks, Todd

Post Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:07 am 
I will be painting inside the house today and will be watching TV all day call me.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:43 am 
This is where we are now in the build,

-The back wall is in and seam sealer is there
- Bed rails are welded in

Here is a list of things that still need to be done,

- complete body work
-Primer
- DynoMat spray the inside
- Ryno Line the underbody
- scuff down the doors and primer the doors

- Buy the 2009 Burnt Orange Paint
- buy the hardener
- buy Reducer
- buy clearcoat

The next is the engine work,

Take motor and head out of 01XJ
-take it to get machined, and rebuilt

-remove the wiring from the 01 XJ
-install the wiring into the 89 XJ
-buy alternator
-buy water pump
-buy starter
- rotor/cap/spark plugs/plug wires
-buy fuel pump
- buy tranny lines
-buy radiator
- all hoses
- buy all compressor lines, AC lines
- install gas tank,buy straps/bolts

The aftermarket parts are as follows,
- 6.5 lift kit
-Drop Pitman Arm
- driveshafts
- Slip Yoke Eliminator kit
- gears/ lockers rear D44
- header/exhaust

- nbkfox7@hotmail is the email to donate to this build

Attachments:
front end ready for body work.JPG
front end ready for body work.JPG [ 19.77 KiB | Viewed 84194 times ]
passengerside bedrail.JPG
passengerside bedrail.JPG [ 18.64 KiB | Viewed 84194 times ]
driverside bed rail.JPG
driverside bed rail.JPG [ 22.11 KiB | Viewed 84193 times ]
wall in.JPG
wall in.JPG [ 20.74 KiB | Viewed 84189 times ]
metal work done.JPG
metal work done.JPG [ 19.95 KiB | Viewed 84191 times ]

Post Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:51 am 
Missing the right bolts

that looks awsome man good job

FUCK THE DUMB SHIT

Post Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:00 am 
Got back from Georgia last night , I love 17 hour butt numbing drives! Anyway will be working on the body work, This week, and wiring sheesh lol

Post Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:08 pm 
Dirty tranny

hey xj and border txs for all the schooling 2day i learned a few things appreciate greasy sphincter patience
lookin 4ward to more school

GOD,

Post Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:12 pm 
OK boys you wanted to see the progress here it is , the wall is welded in and the custom tailgate, Bill came over and helped with welding, and got some major work ahead , but no worries!

Attachments:
Jeeps and more jeeps.JPG
Jeeps and more jeeps.JPG [ 55.41 KiB | Viewed 84039 times ]
open tailgate.JPG
open tailgate.JPG [ 47.11 KiB | Viewed 84042 times ]
open says me.JPG
open says me.JPG [ 43.73 KiB | Viewed 84033 times ]
new tailgate.JPG
new tailgate.JPG [ 48.48 KiB | Viewed 84034 times ]
custom tailgate.JPG
custom tailgate.JPG [ 47.19 KiB | Viewed 84031 times ]
dirty Bill.JPG
dirty Bill.JPG [ 41.19 KiB | Viewed 84031 times ]
Brandon Weldin.JPG
Brandon Weldin.JPG [ 40.6 KiB | Viewed 84032 times ]

Post Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:40 am 
Thread Necromancer

looking good

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works, yeah, still have those parts.
'14 Chebby Silverado, 4x4
'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!

Post Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:38 am 
Lookin real nice fellaz, keep the progress pics coming. :2up:

Post Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:40 pm 
thanks fellaz, have been workin on getting the wiring out of the 01, took the seats out and plastics that run down the inner rockers thinking about selling the interior out of the 01 to pay for the paint and other stuff, any takers ????

Post Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:19 am 
Pap's mirror

xjryder wrote:
thanks fellaz, have been workin on getting the wiring out of the 01, took the seats out and plastics that run down the inner rockers thinking about selling the interior out of the 01 to pay for the paint and other stuff, any takers ????

have ya by any chance contacted automotive color and explained tho them what your doing to see if they would donate or discount the paint for you?

Post Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:56 pm 
what it was before for all i care

anything going on over there tonight?

Post Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:14 pm 
Dirty tranny

chaz wrote:
anything going on over there tonight?

they might be there i left around 4:30 and they were working on the rear tail light sections

GOD,

Post Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:27 pm 
did some primerin and seam sealer 2nd pass on the back wall, stopped at AutoZone and got some possible donations.

Attachments:
primed tailgate framed in.JPG
primed tailgate framed in.JPG [ 46.52 KiB | Viewed 83185 times ]
tailgate and back wall primed.JPG
tailgate and back wall primed.JPG [ 40.21 KiB | Viewed 83187 times ]
inside primed.JPG
inside primed.JPG [ 29.08 KiB | Viewed 83187 times ]

Post Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:08 pm 
So I am putting this list on here so everyone can get an idea of what parts are still needed:

this parts list is for a 01 Jeep Cherokee Sport- motor/AT transmission/NP231 Transfercase
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-4.0 h.o. rebuild kit
- complete gasket kit
-new fuel pump
-new water pump
-new alternator
-new starter
-new hoses
-new power steering pump
-new belt
-new oil pump
-new tranny lines/fuel lines/power steering /bake lines
-new tranny fluid and filter
-new brakes/calipers/rotors
-exhaust header/ full exhaust
-new O2 sensors
-new 3 core radiator
- 2200 cfm electric fans
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aftermarket parts-

-front winch bumper
-rear bumper with tire carrier
- 3 inch Rough Country complete lift kit (no AAL)
-Rock Krawler trac bar/ steering/ stabilizer
-drop pitman arm
-TC drop brakets
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

PAINT
- paint code- PV6- Sunburst Orange
-clearcoat
-reducer
-hardener
-

Post Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:08 am 
Dirty tranny

wow that inside looks good , very nice on the taillights :tu2:

GOD,

Post Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:58 pm 
Missing the right bolts

i have calipers with less than 100 miles on them ill sell them to you for 20 also if you need a front axle i have a 30 with all new u joints and i also have a new harmonic balancer

FUCK THE DUMB SHIT

Post Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:03 pm 
Been working on getting the radiator this week and Ace Radiator has graciously donated a brand new radiator with a life time warrentee., C&P has gone through the motor and head and everything has checked out great. they will be installing new freeze plugs, dipping the block, boreing it out .30 over, and getting a rebuild kit at cost, so this week has been very productive, total cost of everything is $1,200.00 for motor work, parts, and revalving head. So now we will be getting with TuffJar Head on building a roll cage this next 3 weeks, Saturday a guy is coming over to do the body work, Paps give me a call and tell me who I need to go see about paint????? the Paint code is PV6 so if you wanna take the mission for paint let me know.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:26 pm 
Pap's mirror

xjryder wrote:
Been working on getting the radiator this week and Ace Radiator has graciously donated a brand new radiator with a life time warrentee., C&P has gone through the motor and head and everything has checked out great. they will be installing new freeze plugs, dipping the block, boreing it out .30 over, and getting a rebuild kit at cost, so this week has been very productive, total cost of everything is $1,200.00 for motor work, parts, and revalving head. So meow we will be getting with TuffJar Head on building a roll cage this next 3 weeks, Saturday a guy is coming over to do the body work, Paps give me a call and tell me who I need to go see about paint????? the Paint code is PV6 so if you wanna take the mission for paint let me know.

yeah sure i give it a whirl. you dont by any chance any paper work backing this do ya?i have found it is much easier to get ppl to donate or even discount something when ya can shove a bunch-o-paperwork in their faces. but even if not no biggie i will still see what i can do for ya!

Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:49 pm 
I have made some flyers and staple my card with it so if they have any questions I will drop it off give me a call

Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:50 pm 
Jeeper in IN

I emailed you I am will to help work and supply any tools just let me know where and when.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:23 pm 
sent emails back letting everyone know whats on the schedule for the week, /month

Post Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:38 pm 
Dirty tranny

i didnt get any e-mail?????????

GOD,

Post Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:58 pm 
LOL the people who sent me emails to my email address Bill, I will be working on the wiring harness, and figuring out the tailgate pins, and mounting doors, finished up the rear sheet metal

Post Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:46 pm 
Dirty tranny

lol i know just messin with ya
try to make it over soon :tu2:

GOD,

Post Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:25 pm 
Here are some updates of the pics of the doors, and Ace Radiator donated a brand new radiator with a lifetime warrentee, Paps is drumming up donations and contact pionts for parts, big thanks to the Bald old man for his efforts.

Attachments:
passengerside doors.JPG
passengerside doors.JPG [ 90.8 KiB | Viewed 82811 times ]
driverside doors.JPG
driverside doors.JPG [ 87 KiB | Viewed 82810 times ]

Post Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:36 pm 
Thread Necromancer

Lookin good

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"

Post Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:41 pm 
Pap's mirror

bald old guy huh? now your starting to sound like the rest of the young pups. maybe i should use some of this money to go buy diapers for :o all you little children. bahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Post Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:09 pm 
Jeeper in IN

hey stop picking on bald old guys.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:34 pm 
LOL I already have my pull ups lol

Post Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:58 pm 
I've said it before and I'll say it again!God only made a few perfect heads,and he put hair on the rest of you fools. :eyebrows: I may be young but I got your back on the bald thing paps!LOL!

By the way "Matt Man" that notchback is coming along nicely! :2up:

Post Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:52 pm 
Did some fun work this weekend , took all the wiring out of the 01 XJ, laid all the wiring out in the notchback, getting an idea of where everything will be setting in place, thanks to Casey, Roc, Paps, forcoming out and lendin a hand

- C&P Machine siad the total is $1,200- Motor,head work
- Roll Cage- $400

is next

Post Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:34 pm 
Pap's mirror

xjryder wrote:
Did some fun work this weekend , took all the wiring out of the 01 XJ, laid all the wiring out in the notchback, getting an idea of where everything will be setting in place, thanks to Casey, Roc, Paps, forcoming out and lendin a hand

- C&P Machine siad the total is $1,200- Motor,head work
- Roll Cage- $400

is next

hey i went and talked to metal supermarket. they are suppose to call me the beginning of next week. may be able to help us out some on that. :tu2:

Post Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:24 pm 
web wheeling is off the hook!!!

here is the link to that web site i told you about matt http://www.paintforcars.com

1987 comanche 4bangin 4x4 (stock for now)
2007 powerwheels jeep unlimited

Post Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:35 pm 
I will check em out thanks

Post Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:40 pm 
The news media(Newscenter 21/33) will be at my house tomorrow morning for this build to get some serious coverage, Paps has gotten the DOM tubing donated and will be picking it up tomorrow,and he has gotten a 20 foot tow strap with Rockstroh's name on it. Tuff Jarhead donated the rear taillights, reverse lights, we have the wiring in the Jeep but have been making some last minute adjustments. this build couldnt be possible without all the little things, Casey and his wife has made a generous donation for buying more of the parts and things for this build Thank You.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:28 pm 
Watch the NEWS fellers Newscenter 21 and 33 one of em!

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:18 pm 
Today MIke and I ventured over to Metal Supermarket to pick up the DOM 120 wall tubing to start on the roll cage. TuffJarhead is donating his time to build the cage, I will be helping and learning

Post Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:20 pm 
worked last night on all the mounting of wiring, the connection blocks, fuse block. Started cutting holes in the firewall to run wiring. picked up the seam sealer to seal the wheel wells, all the inside and underbody seams

Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:31 pm 
Today I got a phone call from Mike The State Adjutant for the D.A.V., They will be donating $1,200.00 for the C&P Machine work to the head and motor, Paps got some more DOM 120 wall 1 1/2 tubing for more of the EXO Cage/rock sliders/bumpers
Sunday I had a body guy come over and is going to donate his time and bring over some guys to put this project close to completion
I would just like to thank all who have placed their hands on and gave to this project. It really shows how with everyone coming together how amazing this will be. I cant wait
---Being a Jeeper makes me Happy ----

Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:50 pm 
man that's fantastic! When are ya gona go pick it up?

Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:24 pm 
:2up:

Post Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:18 pm 
Dropped off the motor today to be built it be That is be having Keith Black pistons, and its gonna be a mean MO Frappy, That Iraq veteran is getting One Bad ass Chero Back/ Notch Kee, Man I am so giddy and its not even mine LOL

Post Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:13 pm 
Ok so you all know I have been stressed over trying to figure out how to get a 4.5 lift kit, and pay for tires 35x12.5x15, So I was sitting in the house going through the To-Do list and Paps calls me all excited like a kid that just had 10 Red Bulls, and he is saying call this guy and tell him that your with the Notchback build so I do and Its Rough Country executive guy saying ok we cant give you a lift kit for free but how does $165.00 sound and we will throw in diff covers, grab strapps, and a bunch of other goodies, well after the shock had set in I get another call from this guy asking me for my email address, and I ask for complete leaf spring packs price and lets just say for $200 total I think Rough Country has my buisness for giving us a lift kit(and they just gave us everything)
- then as I am driving into Tuff's shop to start on some more roll cage Mike calls me again hey McMahon Tire off Coliseum are wanting the rims so they can mount the tires Monday after 9am, and I was like HUh?????? Are you serious? what size tire? 35x12.5x15's? Are you serious? and as I hung up the phone I proceeded to giggle like a little kid that was told to go play in the mudd. Man are you serious, I am still in shock about today, and Damn Holy SH....... that is the stuff I am talking about, People in this country not only say I Support The Troops , but they are willing to give the shirt off their backs, and Mike you are a badass MoFo,

- next is get strike plates for doors out of Junk Yard
- get rear disc brake setup of a ZJ
- finish up sheet metal work in the rear
- install engine
- install lift kit
- put new tires/rims
- finsih cage, weld up rock rails, bumpers,rear tire carrier
- buy header/ take to exhaust world for exhaust
- buy Red top Battery
- buy drop brackets for crossmember
- buy H-4 headlight conversion
- buy powersteering bracket
- centercaps/ lugnuts
- Rhino liner/ bedliner kit plus 1 gallon of liner
- paint -PV6-, and body work, primer, and finish paint
- install rear LED tail lights
- buy new brakes/rotors/calipers
- Take to Fort Wayne Clutch for custom Drive shafts

This list looks huge and over whelming to some but trust me all the guys that have put their hard work into this project has made this very fun

-Thank u-

Post Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:25 pm 
Missing the right bolts

damn!!! its just makes you really appreciatte the nice people in life escpecially when you gotta take south anthony to school every day and you contstantly have ppl cut you off hahaa but ya im really impressed on the outcome of this project.

FUCK THE DUMB SHIT

Post Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:01 pm 
Thread Necromancer

awsome

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower

Post Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:47 pm 
That's what I'm talkin about! So when are we gona install it? I and motor will most likely be done tomarrow I'll let you know how it goes.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:05 am 
Oh yeah I forgot I have to get the fuel pump assembly, big thanks to Dick for helping with the draining of the gas tank.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:22 pm 
Had a good day today got the motor finished and mounted in jeep. It's so purdy!!! That's 1 big check off the list.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:32 pm 
Pap's mirror

boarderbm wrote:
Had a good day today got the motor finished and mounted in jeep. It's so purdy!!! That's 1 big check off the list.

cool! get that and the cage in and we get a free exhaust system already set up to be put in by an exhaust shop!

Post Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:38 pm 
Hell ya , I ran out of steam tonight, gotta a huge list this week, exciting yet exhausting!! LOL

Post Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:59 pm 
Pap's mirror

welp got an anonymous donor for the optima battery. should have it in a wk or so. don't ask, they dont want you to know.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:39 pm 
Missing the right bolts

I can help you on the weekends ryder if you need it now that mine is done for the most part

FUCK THE DUMB SHIT

Post Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:34 pm 
Thanks for offering but we have just enough room and people helping

Post Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:44 am 
Missing the right bolts

well thats good i did my lift myself and wit alota help from my cousin its alot easier when you got ten extra hands haha

FUCK THE DUMB SHIT

Post Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:43 am 
Last night the tires (35x12.5x15's) Mastercraft Cursors were put on, and the complete drive line was installed here are some pics And that is an XJ on 35's with NO LIFT!!!!!! Yet

Attachments:
Notchback engine work.JPG
Notchback engine work.JPG [ 89.91 KiB | Viewed 82116 times ]
Notchback on 35's.JPG
Notchback on 35's.JPG [ 87.55 KiB | Viewed 82113 times ]
35s and no lift.JPG
35s and no lift.JPG [ 85.65 KiB | Viewed 82115 times ]
workin on the notchback.JPG
workin on the notchback.JPG [ 81.45 KiB | Viewed 82116 times ]

Post Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:49 am 
Pap's mirror

yeah im thinkin were gonna have to build little step downs in the rockrails so that roc will be able to get up in it. looks good sittin just like that. :tu2:

Post Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:54 am 
Last night a 4.5 lift kit went on the Notchback, let me say this HOLY Shnikee's That thing is huge, looks like it will grab you and pull you under ripp your leggs off, I will get pictures taken and posted so everyone can see what a crazy twist this thing has taken, This thing is BADASS!!!!!!!

Post Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:07 pm 
Thread Necromancer

:tu2:

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower

Post Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:40 pm 
:banana: I'm ready to see pics :banana:

Hey matt are you guys gonna bring her out to Jeep Jam?

Post Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:49 pm 
Pap's mirror

GoodfellazXJ wrote:
:banana: I'm ready to see pics :banana:

Hey matt are you guys gonna bring her out to Jeep Jam?

yup. it will be brought out on a trailer and set up for display with papers and a collections jar in hopes of collecting some more fundage for the build.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:50 am 
Here she is with a lift and new shoes and that is only a 4.5 Rough Country/ 35's

Attachments:
money shot.JPG
money shot.JPG [ 86.65 KiB | Viewed 82230 times ]
Notchback lift.JPG
Notchback lift.JPG [ 87.65 KiB | Viewed 82230 times ]
D44.JPG
D44.JPG [ 73.64 KiB | Viewed 82230 times ]

Post Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:29 am 
:eyebrows:

Post Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:24 pm 
Thread Necromancer

looks good

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower

Post Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:10 pm 
Pap's mirror

not that it makes a big difference of anything. i figured i would post up a list of all the places so far that we have been able to get to help out with this build. there are a few that have given money, the rest have given parts. these are in no kind of order of anything.

1.mechanix unlimited-cash
2.sensor tec-cash
3.protint-cash
4.metal supermarket-parts
5.custom fabrication and engineering-parts
6.mcmahon tire-parts
7.rough country lifts-parts
8.o'neil glass-labor---------needs to be changed to the body and paint company.
9.exhaust world-parts
10.American wire rope and sling-parts
11.hi-lift jack co.-jack
12.ft. wayne clutch-parts
13.3 rivers federal credit union-cash
14.mills auto parts-parts
15.napa auto parts-parts
16.woodward tire co.-parts
17.economy auto parts-parts
18.GI joes army surplus-material
19. get bent kustoms-labor-shop-supplies
20.anonymous donor of battery
21. boarderbm's dad for the engine building-labor
22.c&p machine-parts
23. D.A.V. of indiana local chapter 40 and the head state chapter.
there are more that i have calls and fliers into that i am still waiting on to hear from.
24. Countryside Repairs and Restorations.

Last edited by PapsOldDually on Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:16 pm 
well I havent really been keeping everyone updatedbut I have gotten

- all the wiring plugged in(at least all I can figure out)
- put the spark plugs in
- mounting the door strikes
-getting all the brackets in and most of the lines run(powersteering)
- got the fuel tank back (thanks Dick)
- got a red top battery(donation from an anonymous person Thank YOU)
- got 5th tire and rim donated

And now here is the list of needs

- new fuel pump assembly
- new brakes, calipers, rotors
-new A/C condensor, and return line
- fuel lines
- brake lines from master cylinder
- exhaust (Exhaust World)
- Drive shafts(Fort Wayne Clutch)
- rear tail light from Truck stop/ off 930 by Goshen Rd. (the 4 inch with reverse in them)

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:16 pm 
Jeeper in IN

:2up: :2up: :2up:
What's it look like now?

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:17 pm 
Pap's mirror

Ken wrote:
:2up: :2up: :2up:
What's it look like meow?

it pretty much looks the same as the pics Ken. we have been lookin for a body shop to finish the body work for us but no luck so far.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:55 pm 
motor assembly pics

Attachments:
16.JPG
16.JPG [ 75.94 KiB | Viewed 82072 times ]
15.JPG
15.JPG [ 97.78 KiB | Viewed 82072 times ]
14.JPG
14.JPG [ 97.07 KiB | Viewed 82072 times ]
13.JPG
13.JPG [ 94.18 KiB | Viewed 82072 times ]
12.JPG
12.JPG [ 93.25 KiB | Viewed 82072 times ]
11.JPG
11.JPG [ 81.51 KiB | Viewed 82072 times ]
10.JPG
10.JPG [ 102.65 KiB | Viewed 82072 times ]
9.jpg
9.jpg [ 60 KiB | Viewed 82072 times ]
8.JPG
8.JPG [ 115.9 KiB | Viewed 82072 times ]
7.JPG
7.JPG [ 110.45 KiB | Viewed 82072 times ]
6.JPG
6.JPG [ 103.15 KiB | Viewed 82072 times ]
5.JPG
5.JPG [ 99.04 KiB | Viewed 82072 times ]
4.JPG
4.JPG [ 105.22 KiB | Viewed 82072 times ]
3.JPG
3.JPG [ 85.98 KiB | Viewed 82072 times ]
2.JPG
2.JPG [ 90.95 KiB | Viewed 82072 times ]
1.JPG
1.JPG [ 81.27 KiB | Viewed 82072 times ]

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:29 pm 
Pap's mirror

WTH brandon!!!!! how bout some pics of the 2 blue things in there...the truck and car.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:19 am 
Jeeper in IN

PapsOldDually wrote:
WTH brandon!!!!! how bout some pics of the 2 blue things in there...the truck and car.

X-2

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:57 pm 
Missing the right bolts

x3

FUCK THE DUMB SHIT

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:03 pm 
That Corvette is RARE!!!!!!!!, and the little blue S-10 is BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDD. I got $100 if you think you can beat it.

- And like Paps said I havent taken the updated pics yet . I also need :

- upper Radiator crossmember
- a Truckbed Liner kit
- Primer and Sealer
- passengerside marker/turnsignal

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:46 pm 
Thread Necromancer

whats the Vet? from what little I can see, is it a Mako?

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:04 pm 
i don't have any pics of them anymore. not sure where they went. corvette is a 79 stingray with a full daytona greenwood body kit built by a guy from fararri. there is a couple guys that are running around that have the daytona hood but theres only somthing like 25 with the full kit i think and the only one with that paint scheme. and i like me some speed but that truck scares the shit out of me! ill see if i can find some pics for ya'll

Post Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:02 pm 
Here are some pics of the Notchback

Attachments:
Operaton Notchback 003.jpg
Operaton Notchback 003.jpg [ 89.59 KiB | Viewed 81998 times ]
Operaton Notchback 006.jpg
Operaton Notchback 006.jpg [ 91.26 KiB | Viewed 81998 times ]
Operaton Notchback 008.jpg
Operaton Notchback 008.jpg [ 85.11 KiB | Viewed 81998 times ]
Operaton Notchback 009.jpg
Operaton Notchback 009.jpg [ 92.18 KiB | Viewed 81998 times ]

Post Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:05 pm 
Man that is one sexy Jeep :)

Post Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:44 pm 
Thread Necromancer

Looking good.
Whats the gap in the drivers door-fender alignment, I never noticed that in the pics before?

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower

Post Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:13 pm 
the bottom is un bolted because of cage, rock rails are going to be constructed so they have to be removed

Post Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:07 am 
trained to drive the choo choo

kennedy wrote:
whats the Vet? from what little I can see, is it a Mako?

Nope, fenders and paint is wrong.

My mind is like a steel trap, everything that goes in comes out mutilated.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:05 pm 
I put the battery in it last night because I wanted to see if it would turn over and well the lights work and thats about it except for the wiper motor was on which was wierd, guess the grounds are kinda important, but its along ways from 2 months ago its still moving forward, here is a list of things to get this up and running.

-radiator hoses upper ,lower and 2 lines from heartercore
-the tube that comes up from the waterpump
- hose clamps
-redo brake lines to the master cylinder to the divider block
-fuel lines
-fuel pump assembly
- bracket for the ignition coil modual(2001) needs to be made
-needs pair front and rear ring and pinion D30 front, D44 rear(4.10 maybe) 35inch tires
-speedo gear
-O2 sensors front and rear( dummy02 sensors)
- cold air intake
-AC condensor and AC line from condensor to the firewall

Post Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:47 pm 
Likes dudes pitching tents

What's hanging from your ceiling?

"McDonald's was giving me the run-around, so you can understand where that's coming from," -- Moore

"I'm eating my McDonald's. I come outside. I see this girl going nuts trying to get out of a house." -- Charles Ramsey

“My reaction, I mean, I’m kinda scarred. I want to, you know, I want to be able to know more, you know, cause I having a son and I’m about to raise him right in this house so when you guys tell me a dead body, I’m like, you know, I’ve never seen no activity, you know, for nothing bad… I don’t know,” -- Ciera Richter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KANI2dpXLw

Post Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:05 pm 
jeep is looking good guys, coming along nicely.

what brand air intake did you want for the build? i would be willing to buy one for it as long as it does not need to be a overly priced K&N.

let me know.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:34 am 
what it was before for all i care

xjryder wrote:
-needs pair front and rear ring and pinion D30 front, D44 rear(4.10 maybe) 35inch tires

I would maybe think about going with something alittle deeper than 4:10's if you are going through the work of re-gearing...I would say 4:56's would go well with 35's and a 4.0L. Just a suggestion though... :tu2:

Post Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:19 am 
-Air intake would be for a 2001 4.0 and anything will work its your preference, and i dont blame you I wouldnt spend that type of money on a overpriced K/N

what hanging from the ceiling is old drywall my roof collapsed this pastwinter from the ice storm, and I have been slowly cleaning up the rafters, paper and staples removal is a slow and time consuming process(especially when building a Jeep)

Post Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:37 pm 
sounds good, i will find a nice mid-priced one for it. give me a week or 2 till i have it, i will give you a call once its in my hands.

hey dont you have one of those high priced K&N's under your hood? lol :?

Post Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:05 pm 
Yes I do LOL

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:41 pm 
any updates ?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:49 pm 
I have been working on this slowly my son went into the hospital in December so I havent been really working on this past few weeks, the little nuts and bots, ground plugs wiring is taking alot of time putting it where it goes, alot of patients and WTF's that goes to's?

Post Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:12 am 
well if you need help let me know.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:39 pm 
well today Scout Matt came over and I let the mad scientist do his thing, the wiring seems to wanna challenge those like myself , but you get a guy like Scout on the case it doesnt take long.

-So now off to the junk yard to get the nuts and bolts, fuel pump assembly.

- things that are on the list

- wiring
- coolant lines from the heater core/ tube from waterpump
- fuel pump/lines
- brake lines
- align the doors/ redo strike plate
- body work/ sand down doors
- finish up the wheel wells, bedliner kit
- change out front D30 to a non actuator axle
- brakes
- gears/ 4.56 D44 rear, 4.56 D30 front
- exhaust/ O2 sensor front
- driveshafts
- lights/ interior lights stereo/

- we are going to be redoing the cage cause we have had an idea that will simplify the task

Post Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:46 pm 
Went to the junk yard today, got some nuts and bolts for grounds, and nuts that go to the clutch fan, also got the tube that runs from the waterpump. I bought a rear driveshaft for the badlands trip in April too. use it as a spare for the trip and then it will go into the notchback if I dont break anything(fingers crossed )

- still looking for the 3 injector plug wires they are for the skinny injector not the big fat injectors
- gotta buy a driverside mirror power

- sanded the driverside doors, took off the trim hit em with the DA sander

gonna primer the doors make em all the same color

Post Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:16 pm 
Today I went to Philberts and got a HP D30 out of a 99-01 XJ so front axle is not longer the acuator crap I was thinking the 89 axle was bent from the 30mph ditch jump I heard so much about

Post Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:51 am 
Tang Soo

xjryder wrote:
I was thinking the 89 axle was bent from the 30mph ditch jump I heard so much about

hmmmmmmmmmmm

mac 'wonder how that happened' gyvr

My idea of a perfect vacation is a road trip through beautiful country. To make it really fun, all that's needed is a modified vehicle, a few close friends, and some serious off-roading. Cole Quinnell - Editor, 4WOR, Dec 99
My Drinking Team has a Racing Problem

Post Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:36 am 
trained to drive the choo choo

xjryder wrote:
Went to the junk yard today, got some nuts and bolts for grounds, and nuts that go to the clutch fan, also got the tube that runs from the waterpump. I bought a rear driveshaft for the badlands trip in April too. use it as a spare for the trip and then it will go into the notchback if I dont break anything(fingers crossed )

- still looking for the 3 injector plug wires they are for the skinny injector not the big fat injectors
- gotta buy a driverside mirror power

- sanded the driverside doors, took off the trim hit em with the DA sander

gonna primer the doors make em all the same color

I was going to ask about those injector plugs.

My mind is like a steel trap, everything that goes in comes out mutilated.

Post Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 10:24 am 
I am working on getting the injector plugs still looking for the skinny injectors all i need is 3 plugs didnt think it would be this hard , I dont want to but I think I will check with the dealership see if I can buy the plugs new/

- got a set of LED taillights wiring, so its getting there had a meeting with ROC, Paps, and getting a gameplan for getting this thing up and running, drivable

- figure out wiring and all the grounds, plug and play

- brakes, brakelines, run em to rear, and redo front brakes, bend new lines

- fuel pump assembly, run new fuel lines

- still taking donations to make this a reality

Attachments:
Operaton Notchback 009.jpg
Operaton Notchback 009.jpg [ 92.18 KiB | Viewed 81670 times ]

Post Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:27 pm 
Pap's mirror

Mr.ChevyFatBagz wrote:
sounds good, i will find a nice mid-priced one for it. give me a week or 2 till i have it, i will give you a call once its in my hands.

hey dont you have one of those high priced K&N's under your hood? lol :?

hey good, were you ever able to make this happen? just curious. i dont remember hearing if ya did or not. lookin at a used one if not.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:47 pm 
He dropped on off to me , it doesnt come with a tube just the filter, so it needs a tube

Post Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:52 am 
Pap's mirror

so here is the list that matt and i came up with. a handful of guys showed up at matts yesterday and knocked out a good chunk of things.

-Injector wiring-done
-starter wiring-done
-alternator bolts-done
- alternator wiring-done
- bolt down all grounds and check all grounds-think they are all done
-mounting brackets for the Coil Pack and plug in
- install Radiator/crossmember
- install clutch fan
- install electric fan
- go to junk yard and get the wiring for electric fan
-buy coolant hoses for heater core to the water pump/thermostat-done
-get gas tank brackets
- get gas tank bracket bolts
- get gas tank filler neck/hoses/hose clamps
-get new bake lines from Master cylinder reservoir to divider block
-mount gas pedal/ hook up throttle cable
-linkage pop in the bracket-done
-Remove Transfer Case-done
-install SYE-done
-reinstall the Transfer Case-done
-Fuel lines, buy quick connect line to the fuel rail-done
-rear seat bracket (will wait till cage is in to do)
-rear LED 4 inch lights, install and wire
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------remove 89 D30 axle and install 01 HP D30
- install the front disc and pads
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Once this list is done and the Notchback is up and running, it will be loaded up and taken to Fort Wayne Clutch to have custom drive shafts made.
Then it will go to Exhaust World for a full custom exhaust done
And the last thing is a trip to our local Get Bent for a complete cage installed/ harness seats and rear custom harness bench seat made

The goal is to get this done by October 9th which is the Jeep Jam so if anyone has extra time or wants to wrench on this on the weekends,
call matt at (260)494-9684 if you need directions or wanna help.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:32 pm 
I spent some time working on Notchback today and here is what I got accomplished:

Clutch fan is now done
Electric fan is now done
Radiator hoses are now done.

Need to get the tranny lines hooked backed up then a flush. Then look at pulling the bent D30 and replacing with a 01 HPD30. The go-go pedal needs reinstalled.

Little by Little its coming together....10/9/10 is coming fast.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:15 pm 
Male nurse in training

Rock on, it will be neat when you guys get it done!

Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:00 am 
Mr. Google

be careful with your tranny and its fluids, they become upset easily and are prone to drama and theatrics.

*chuckles and wanders off*

Post Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:16 pm 
worked on the wiring, made brackets for the coil pack, ran and hooked up hoses, radiator, and heater core hoses. rolled under and working on fuel lines. put the skinny pedal in and hooked up the throttle cable

Post Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:37 pm 
Missing the right bolts

does this still need a paint job gf's dad does paint and body work for a living perhaps he could do it for ya guys his number is 260 418 5740 if greasy sphincter interested

FUCK THE DUMB SHIT

Post Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:01 pm 
This does need a paint job and body work done to it, I dont know which route we are gonna take when it comes to the body.
-the last 2-4 weeks we have been putting all the little stuff together from wiring to radiator hoses and such.
Saturday a few guys came over and we swapped the bent axle out for a 98-99 D30 HP went to put in new u-joints and found one of the ears were cracked on the passengerside shaft, and the driverside shaft was out of a older axle because the U-Joint was smaller

Today I called Ft Wayne Clutch and they are sponsoring the driveline of this build with new driveshafts. SO I called them today to see if they could help me track down some axle shafts. Not only did they track em down but they gave em to me because this is part of the driveline. Its amazing to see people say they support the men and women of the armed forces but when you see them put it into actions you step back and think "Did that really happen?" Lets just say that those shafts arent cheap and they didnt even bat an eye and handed me the parts to put the front end back together
- So big thank you to Fort Wayne Clutch for the axle shaft assembly cant thank them enough.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:06 pm 
Missing the right bolts

well ill talk to my el conquistador jerry i work with him and he does body work not too much metal work but hes pretty good and thats really cool of fort wayne clutch to do that its nice when you see someone step up and show how much they care...... especially when ppl ride greasy sphincter ass and flip you off on the interstate like they did to me yesterday

FUCK THE DUMB SHIT

Post Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:45 pm 
Got all the front end done today, put the calipers and rotors, brake pads, all on and put the tires back on

unfortuneately the 89 transmission lines do not work for an 01 tranny or radiator
got the ground hooked up and everything inside the vehicle came on, the headlights work

The next few weeks the rig will be in the hands of Get Bent Kustoms and Tuffjarhead to install a one off roll cage and other goodies
after that it goes to Fort Wayne Clutch to get custom driveshafts put in.

we need to install the gas tank but need gas tank bolts to install gas tank
finish rear LED tail lights, do all the wiring for em.

last but not least is exhaust at Exhaust World

Post Posted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:51 pm 
Missing the right bolts

:worship: rock on dude!!!!!

FUCK THE DUMB SHIT

Post Posted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:23 pm 
mister wiskers

You will never guess what is in my shop...

Post Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:51 pm 
Dirty tranny

? lifetime supply of depends?

GOD,

Post Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:56 pm 

tellozzy wrote:
? lifetime supply of depends?

HAHAHAHAHHA

"McDonald's was giving me the run-around, so you can understand where that's coming from," -- Moore

"I'm eating my McDonald's. I come outside. I see this girl going nuts trying to get out of a house." -- Charles Ramsey

“My reaction, I mean, I’m kinda scarred. I want to, you know, I want to be able to know more, you know, cause I having a son and I’m about to raise him right in this house so when you guys tell me a dead body, I’m like, you know, I’ve never seen no activity, you know, for nothing bad… I don’t know,” -- Ciera Richter.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:15 pm 
Mr. Google

as you can, can you please take photos of the knotchback? ill add them to the photo gallery.
thx

Post Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:40 pm 
Thread Necromancer

Get Bent wrote:

beer?

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower

Post Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:22 pm 
kennedy wrote:
Get Bent wrote:

beer?

That too, Blue and Red!!!!

Post Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:30 pm 
Well as of today The rockrails, cage and the motor is up and going.
-Just picked up a set of Mastercraft seats,
- a set of 4:88, Grizzley locker, front True Trac.
-WinchBumper from LogansmetalProducts.com,
-rear bumper from JCRoffroad.com.
-and working on a bid for a K/N cold air intake

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:36 am 
Dirty tranny

xjryder wrote:
Well as of today The rockrails, cage and the motor is up and going.
-Just picked up a set of Mastercraft seats,
- a set of 4:88, Grizzley locker, front True Trac.
-WinchBumper from LogansmetalProducts.com,
-rear bumper from JCRoffroad.com.
-and working on a bid for a K/N cold air intake

what was wrong with the cold air intake i donated???????. if you are not going to use it on the notchback i can use it on gumby. not trying to be an indian giver, but i donated it to the notchback not somebody elses jeep, i dont have alot to offer, and dont mind helping/donating

GOD,

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:14 pm 
The intake wouldnt work we needed the rubber seal that goes around the throttlebody, I appreciate the donation unfortunately it will not work with the setup and will be return thanks Ozzy

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:28 pm 
Jeeper in IN

fatbags donated a air intake also. i could use it if ya don't want it. just sayin...

Post Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:25 pm 
UH first off why the fuck would I give this to you it was donated and the part that isnt used will go back to the person who donated I would never,NEVER do someone dirty like that

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:53 pm 
Jeeper in IN

oh I understand I was just messin with ya. it won't fit his tracker though. :banana:

Post Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:54 pm 
recieved the 4:88 gears, Grizzley locker for the rear, also got the Detriot True Trac for the front, bearing kits, seals.
- Ordered a set of Mastercraft suspension seat with harness(out of an MRAP military truck)
- recieved the used K/N cold air intake picked it up for about 1/2 the price on ebay
- ordered a front winch bumper from logansmetalproducts.com
- ordered a rear bumper from JCR Offroad
- Get Bent Kustoms will be fabbing the seats into the cage, doing a front stinger off the new bumper
- Get bent will also be doing a rear tire carrier stinger set up in the rear
- The Notchback is up and is running
- once the bumper stuff and seat stuff is done, it will be transported to the Fort Wayne Clutch to do driveshafts, then it will go to Exhaust world to complete the exhaust
- it will go to brake materials to get the extended brakelines and other conversions done
- after all of that is done it goes to the body shop to get the bodywork done
- Desert Tan and black will be the theme with all the sponsorship stickers done

Post Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:38 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Desert Tan will be a great color for the build. Was kind of partial to the 09 burnt orange, but this is a much more fitting color. Glad to see this beast coming together :cheers:

1-260-636-7565
1-866-554-5946 (toll free)
Rugged Ridge Floor Liners Rugged Ridge Light Kits Alloy USA
Specials and Rebates

Post Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:17 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Can't wait to see it completed. I love those seats!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:54 am 
freezes his batteries off

Desert Tan is the best color Jeep ever made! haha! Can't wait to see it completed!!

Post Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:22 pm 
We are waiting for the body shop to get done with the body and paint, we ordered a front bumper from logansmetalproducts.com, ordered a rear bumper from jcroffroad.com. Then we are doing a rear baja style tire carrier. then putting a stinger on the front bumper
This is what has been done so far:
-tear down of the rig, completely remove all rust and driveline
- wire wheel all frame and engine compartment
- ordered new floor sections front and rear(baseline4x4outfitters.com)
- sheet metal work, new floor installed, new rear section welded in from a 92 Ford Ranger.
- 01 style dash and cluster installed on the fire wall
- 01 4.0 HP motor and head went to C&P Machine to get rebuilt
- installed the D44 rear out of an 87 XJ
-Rough Country 4 1/2 " lift bought and installed
-35x12.5x15 Mastercraft Cursors donated and mounted on Crager streetlocks
-motor and head was built by local hot rod guy.
-motor was put back together with the 01 tranny and 231 TC
- driveline installed and 01 wiring harness installed
-98 HP D30 was installed and old bent axle was removed
- Fort Wayne Clutch gave complete axle shafts u joints
- EBC brake pads were put on with cross drilled and slotted rotors
- Slip Yoke Eliminator was installed
- Get bent Kustoms made rock rails
- Get Bent Kustoms built a custom roll cage
- wiring guy came over and went through all wiring testing everything
- mounted rear 4 inch LED tail lights
- 4:88 gears, rear Grizzley locker, and front Detriot True Trac to be installed
- custom driveshafts were made by local Fort Wayne Clutch and donated by them as well
- exhaust
The paint is gonna be flat dessert Tan and everything else will be black. As soon as its back from the body shop there will be picture taken of everything

Post Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:49 am 
Giggling Little Schoolgirl

freaking sweet man!!! let me know when ya get it back... i have to see this in person!!

Post Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:59 pm 
Dirty tranny

stoked :elephant: , cant wait to see it!!!!! post up when she is back would like to come see it and help finish her up

GOD,

Post Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:30 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Should be sweet finished. I will come help if I can. I need to swing up there anyway. Well done on everything so far!

Post Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:11 am 
You will never guess what I am going to pick up from the body shop today .......PICTURES WILL BE POSTED AFTER TODAY!!!!!!!!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:15 am 
Here are some updated pics of the Notchback with the Desert Storm Tan

Attachments:
IMG_3341.JPG
IMG_3341.JPG [ 70.87 KiB | Viewed 84186 times ]
IMG_3344.JPG
IMG_3344.JPG [ 68.08 KiB | Viewed 84186 times ]
IMG_3338.JPG
IMG_3338.JPG [ 80 KiB | Viewed 84186 times ]
IMG_3333.JPG
IMG_3333.JPG [ 51.63 KiB | Viewed 84186 times ]

Post Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:25 am 
Jeeper in IN

Looks good.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:11 pm 
spackled

Sweet, with the desert tan, it's hard not to call it a mini-Hummer!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:31 pm 
The color is actually called Desert Storm Tan and it actually came from the H1 Hummer paint code

Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:10 am 

Looks great! The one thing that needs addressed that I see are the chrome rings on the rear lights need to be black!!

Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:36 am 
Jeeper in IN

Looks great!!!!! What else needs to be done?

8,000 lb winch
Cut rear tub
Ford Expidition Tow Hooks
35's on American Racing Wheels
2008 JK Ready for upgrades!!!
Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13

Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:39 am 
99stompertj wrote:
Looks great! The one thing that needs addressed that I see are the chrome rings on the rear lights need to be black!!

Those are not chrome, those are reverse lights

Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:40 am 
Thread Necromancer

looking good

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower

Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:55 pm 
Dirty tranny

very nice!!!!!!! cant wait to see it in person

GOD,

Post Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:08 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Looking really good. I am betting Rocky is glad to see it come so far. You have all done a great job with it and obviously put in a lot of your time and effort into this build. Thanks to everyone who donated no matter how big or small, as you can see it has all come together and is still going.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:35 pm 
Jeeper in IN

looks good. I am really liking those rock sliders with the rockers cut out (may have to get a set made for mine)

04 raptor 660

Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:49 pm 
Pap's mirror

hey matt...s.... whats the name of the paint place so i can change number 8
can you guys think of any other places i missed?

PapsOldDually wrote:
not that it makes a big difference of anything. i figured i would post up a list of all the places so far that we have been able to get to help out with this build. there are a few that have given money, the rest have given parts. these are in no kind of order of anything.

1.mechanix unlimited-cash
2.sensor tec-cash
3.protint-cash
4.metal supermarket-parts
5.custom fabrication and engineering-parts
6.mcmahon tire-parts
7.rough country lifts-parts
8.o'neil glass-labor---------needs to be changed to the body and paint company.
9.exhaust world-parts
10.American wire rope and sling-parts
11.hi-lift jack co.-jack
12.ft. wayne clutch-parts
13.3 rivers federal credit union-cash
14.mills auto parts-parts
15.napa auto parts-parts
16.woodward tire co.-parts
17.economy auto parts-parts
18.GI joes army surplus-material
19. get bent kustoms-labor-shop-supplies
20.anonymous donor of battery
21. boarderbm's dad for the engine building-labor
22.c&p machine-parts
23. D.A.V. of indiana local chapter 40 and the head state chapter.
there are more that i have calls and fliers into that i am still waiting on to hear from.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:52 am 
Jeeper in IN

if im not mistaken its countryside repair or something like that

*OLD RED* 1990 xj*4.0*30x9.5x15*(sold)
*ZOMBIE HUNTER*1997 ZJ*5.2*24 lb injectors*msd ignition*taurus cooling fan upgrade*
*OLD WHITE*mud truck*1977*GMC stepside 1 ton*383 stroker*39.5x13.50x16 ss iroks*

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:42 am 
mister wiskers

Countryside Repairs and Restorations.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:14 pm 
here are some progress pics

Attachments:
IMG_3362.JPG
IMG_3362.JPG [ 114.6 KiB | Viewed 83967 times ]
IMG_3361.JPG
IMG_3361.JPG [ 82.26 KiB | Viewed 83967 times ]
IMG_3360.JPG
IMG_3360.JPG [ 132.61 KiB | Viewed 83967 times ]
IMG_3359.JPG
IMG_3359.JPG [ 104.51 KiB | Viewed 83967 times ]
IMG_3358.JPG
IMG_3358.JPG [ 109.61 KiB | Viewed 83967 times ]
IMG_3357.JPG
IMG_3357.JPG [ 105.96 KiB | Viewed 83967 times ]
IMG_3356.JPG
IMG_3356.JPG [ 80.49 KiB | Viewed 83967 times ]
IMG_3355.JPG
IMG_3355.JPG [ 93.7 KiB | Viewed 83967 times ]
IMG_3354.JPG
IMG_3354.JPG [ 124.46 KiB | Viewed 83967 times ]
IMG_3353.JPG
IMG_3353.JPG [ 58.91 KiB | Viewed 83967 times ]

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:30 pm 
Jeeper in IN

That is just sweet. Well Done.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:45 pm 
Paps and XJ we need to add Schnelker Marine to the donor list. Vern donated a 2500# winch for the tire assembly that I dropped off to Tuff the other night.

And OH MY FRONT DOOR!!! THAT BUMPER IS SWEET ON THERE!!! SEXY SEXY SEXY

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:44 pm 

That is the sweetest XJ around these parts!! Great job!! The quality of workmanship is visible even in the photos. Can't wait to see it in person again.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:46 pm 
Well I took it for a quick Hot Lap in the neighborhood..........Ya about that.......... I had fun trying not to wreck it when the deathwobble started in and holding on to the Steering wheel. Its like one of those rides that jerk you all over and all your change falls out of your pocket and the Carny with no teeth yells at you when you try to go pick it up

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:34 pm 
Pap's mirror

since this project seems to be scam and people like to run off at the mouth because they dont have the common respect to come to us and talk about it with us and understand our actions, go ahead and delete this thread tom.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:33 am 
mister wiskers

There seems to be a certain crowd that likes to play the "holier than thou" card, who liked to make this project a focus of their shit talkin bullshit. You got a problem with how this has gone down?

Come ask ANY of us contributers, in person, what's up. We will gladly discuss. You wanna talk shit?

PLEASE,

come here first.

I'm the FIRST S.O.B. to answer your questions as to why this is taking as long as it is.

And I will play nice, as long as you do.

Shit talking is one thing, character defimation is a lawsuite.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:07 am 

Wow..

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:09 am 
Jeeper in IN

^Thinking the same thing. Its amazing how something positive can be turned negative.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:07 pm 

xjryder wrote:
here are some progress pics

So who did up the front bumper? Did you make that Topper? I would love something like that on the front of my YJ..

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:23 pm 

Disregard, I had to scroll up a bit. I sent these guys: LogansmetalProducts.com an email to ask about making one for the YJ.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:09 pm 
Pap's mirror

for anyone interested...the Notchback has been turned over to its new owner today. once he has had a chance to get plates and Ins on it, it will start making its way around town to all of the companies that have donated parts and cash to help make it a finished product.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:16 am 
Jeeper in IN

Thats awesome! Pls let us know when ad where it will be...

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:45 pm 
spackled

That's fantastic!!!!! I know there was a lot of time and hard work that went in to making this happen. High fives to everyone that had a hand in this.

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:49 pm 

Can't wait to cross paths with it on the street!

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Projects, Build Threads, Pictures, Videos