Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Projects, Build Threads, Pictures, Videos

Post subject: MY FIRST CHEVY SS, IT'S ABOUT TIME!
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:23 pm 
well i didnt want to start a new thread on this, but my other thread has been locked for some resson. :?

i know that most of you guys dont care about is, but i am just so happy to have this car i have to share with all.

so the wife has been wanting to get rid of our trailblazer and we have been looking for a few month for a new car, looked at all kinds of cars and then thought we would buy a subaru wrx. i like the cars, but something told me i should stick to my brand or the wife was sick of me bitching and gave into this one. lol

went and test drove a hand full of cars, then it came down to a 07 saab 9.3 and a sexy a$$ 06 impala SS.

well the price on the impala was gowing to work more in our budget, so we went home in it and have not even looked back, i plain out love this car!

a few specs on it-

engine: 5.3L V-8 325c.i.
trans: 4 speed auto
hp: 303 @ 5600rpm
wheels: 18inch aluminum
interior: leather, XM, sunroof, power well everything you could ask for. lol
exterior: sport wing, projector foglights, chrome exaust tips

no more typing, lets get to the pictures-

so the first thing that i did once i got it home is pulled off the front and rear bowties and blacked them out, i just cant stand a gold bowtie on any of my rides. lol i gave the wife the choice of the body color or black and since she wants a set of black faced 20 inch wheels, she said go with the black.

i have a few plans in store for this, so keep an eye out for updated pic's soon.

oh and mod.'s, please stop locking all my threads. thats some BS, why lock a older thread of mine and not let me I'M GAY!!! there? no just lock that and start another thread to cram in this forum. lol

Post subject: Re: MY FIRST CHEVY SS, IT'S ABOUT TIME!
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:32 pm 
Pap's mirror

hey ryan, it got locked because ppl couldnt stay on your topic and because so much crap was getting started between ppl over the whole thing about your truck. thats what happens when it goes to far and ppl dont play nice. but....

nice car. looks good man!

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Post Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:35 pm 
Wow dude you have'nt even had that car 24 hours and you have already put vatozone 5.3L letters,plate cover,and painted the bowties.IMO I think the letters are a little much.What's next 20" under the ss badge :doh: I know it's hard for you, but keep this one some what clean,and by clean I mean don't booger it up with after market this that and the other :2up: She is sexy as is,and fellaz it will shit and git :eek2: beleive me.I can see my old lady driving one of these after the truck is paid off :?One ride around the block made me fall in love.

Last edited by GoodfellazXJ on Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:03 pm 
mister wiskers

Nice car, glad to see people buying American.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:50 pm 
PapsOldDually wrote:
hey ryan, it got locked because ppl couldnt stay on your topic and because so much crap was getting started between ppl over the whole thing about your truck. thats what happens when it goes to far and ppl dont play nice. but....

nice car. looks good man!

ok, i got ya. thanks mike, glad ya like it.

GoodfellazXJ wrote:
Wow dude you have'nt even had that car 24 hours and you have already put vatozone 5.3L letters,plate cover,and painted the bowties.IMO I think the letters are a little much.What's next 20" under the ss badge :doh: I know it's hard for you, but keep this one some what clean,and by clean I mean don't booger it up with after market this that and the other :2up: She is sexy as is,and fellaz it will shit and git :eek2: beleive me.I can see my old lady driving one of these after the truck is paid off :?One ride around the block made me fall in love.

ok?, i just though it was a shame not to display the engine size someplace, damn.

Tuffjarhed wrote:
Nice car, glad to see people buying American.

aint that the truth, thanks man.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:04 pm 
Dirty tranny

very nice ryan :tu2:

BE GOOD AT IT!!!!![/color]

GOD,
grant me the serenity to accept the impossible trails i cannot crawl, the courage to crawl the twisted trails i can, and the wisdom to keep the tire side down!

Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:58 am 
Jeeper in IN

nice ss i like them alot and you know mr FORD all the way. but ive drove a impala ss and there damn fast but if i was you i would have went with the new ford taurus sho check it out i was like holy crap http://www.fordvehicles.com/2010taurus/ it has a 24valve twin turbo 3.5 ecoboost with 365hp

Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:27 pm 
Thread Necromancer

nice ride

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works, yeah, still have those parts.
'14 Chebby Silverado, 4x4
'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!

Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:37 pm 
Jeeper in IN

highcenteredxj wrote:
nice ss i like them alot and you know mr FORD all the way. but ive drove a impala ss and there damn fast but if i was you i would have went with the new ford taurus sho check it out i was like holy crap http://www.fordvehicles.com/2010taurus/ it has a 24valve twin turbo 3.5 ecoboost with 365hp

yeah, but the weight estimates are 4100-4600 lbs.

Thats an underpowered tank if you ask me. Don't get me wrong though I always liked the sho's They have just gotten bloated.

365 hp awd 4100-4600lb car = not that much fun IMHO.

I like the impallas but they are a bit plain jane looking. Didn't know the ss had a v8, thought it was a super charged 6.

I heard one the other day with an exhaust and thought "damn, that sounds like a v8".

:) fun to have a new car though fo sho!

Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:46 pm 
tellozzy wrote:
very nice ryan :tu2:

thanks Bill :tu2: .

highcenteredxj wrote:

if you buy one of those, i will add that car to the list of cars i piss on when i am drunk. lol

mustang owners beware, if you see me with beer, hide your pony. lmao

kennedy wrote:
nice ride

thanks bud. :2up:

SUBARU? wrote:
highcenteredxj wrote:

yeah, but the weight estimates are 4100-4600 lbs.

Thats an underpowered tank if you ask me. Don't get me wrong though I always liked the sho's They have just gotten bloated.

365 hp awd 4100-4600lb car = not that much fun IMHO.

I like the impallas but they are a bit plain jane looking. Didn't know the ss had a v8, thought it was a super charged 6.

I heard one the other day with an exhaust and thought "damn, that sounds like a v8".

:) fun to have a new car though fo sho!

the plain jane, is what makes it a sleeper. lol the body style before this impala ss had the supercharged V6, thats a fast package also.

you might have heard one with an exhaust, but they came with a nice strong sound from the factory.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:14 am 
Likes dudes pitching tents

Mr.ChevyFatBagz wrote:

:?

You pee on my wife's car and you'll end up with whatever you are drinking shoved up your ass -- so I'd suggest you start avoiding 40s.

(nice car btw)

"McDonald's was giving me the run-around, so you can understand where that's coming from," -- Moore

"I'm eating my McDonald's. I come outside. I see this girl going nuts trying to get out of a house." -- Charles Ramsey

“My reaction, I mean, I’m kinda scarred. I want to, you know, I want to be able to know more, you know, cause I having a son and I’m about to raise him right in this house so when you guys tell me a dead body, I’m like, you know, I’ve never seen no activity, you know, for nothing bad… I don’t know,” -- Ciera Richter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KANI2dpXLw

Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:41 am 
Alpine wrote:
Mr.ChevyFatBagz wrote:

You pee on my wife's car and you'll end up with whatever you are drinking shoved up your ass -- so I'd suggest you start avoiding 40s.

(nice car btw)

lmao

Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:47 am 
Nice car man. Bowties look better in black for sure

Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:28 pm 
Alpine wrote:

(nice car btw)

lmfao man, thats funny right there. dont worry, i drink alot of water, so no yellow stains at least. lol

its mostly a joke, but i have marked a few around town. thanks tom

boarderbm wrote:
Nice car man. Bowties look better in black for sure

thanks B, i think it was a good idea, the gold on silver was crap.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:07 pm 
would like to see the CREAPY basement

Nice looking car you got.

It is always funny till someone gets hurt.
Than it's hilarious

Post Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:11 pm 
nice ss. Ive always been a chevy boy. Only thing i dont like about those is torque steer like crazy.

Oh, and the pissing on cars thing....thats not cool, even if it is a shitstang. I had a kid pee on a blazer i had once. He ended up with lunch meat hidden under his seat and in his hubcaps in the summer. Made for a nice stench after a few days in the heat

Post Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:06 pm 
added a few goodies to the car in the past few weeks, thought i would share.

GM performance division badge on the trunk lid-

covered up the airbag warnings on the sun visors with a few of these. lol

added a full 7pc. billit grill, top, bottom, and sides. cant bitch for $45 shipped to my door right?-

now for the deal of a life time, i found a K&N air charger intake on ebay for $115 shipped to my door and yes it is new. turns out it was the prototype that K&N built for the impala SS's and they used the car from the guy i bought it from. another plus is that it puts out a few more ponies then the onw sold at stores-

Post Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:31 pm 
Thread Necromancer

sweet grill

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works, yeah, still have those parts.
'14 Chebby Silverado, 4x4
'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!

Post Posted: Sun May 09, 2010 2:48 pm 
so its been some time since i have updated this thread, not much to update. since last the windows have been tinted, covered the white on the SS badges, added some stickers and mounted up a set of twinkies. lol

lets start with the wheels and tires, ended up getting a set of chrome Dale Jr. signature Hustler American Racings with black inserts, had them wrapped up in some 255/35/20 tires.

i used some sticky carbon fiber to cover the SS badges, i have black on the way, so soon will be switched out.

i added a Jake sticker to each side of the back widows.

a few more pictures-

other upgrades that i will be doing this summer will be-

flowmasters out the back
HID's in the headlights and foglights
drilled and slotted rotors all around
front and rear strut tower braces

Post Posted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:22 pm 
lookin good. i followed you up broadway one day in the work van.
what always wories me about rims like that is hitting curbs. some of those rims stick out further than the tire.

Post Posted: Sun May 09, 2010 10:08 pm 
Jeeper in IN

NICE :tu2: :tu2:

Post Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:34 pm 
freezes his batteries off

Looks good for the family truxter!!

Post Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:24 am 
Jeeper in IN

Looks good! i miss my ss. it was the rear drive LT1. '95. i'll have to dig out an old picture and post it. topped her out at 156mph. what a rush.

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Projects, Build Threads, Pictures, Videos