Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Projects, Build Threads, Pictures, Videos

Post subject: Project "Anger"
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:59 pm 
Well, talked the guy i work with into 4wheeling. We tossed around a few ideas on what he could do to get offroad since he didnt have anything capable of trail duties. Then, like a sign from God, our bosses niece wrecked her 4x4 standard cab, step side 99 Ranger. So, after a little dealing, and it being totalled and bought back, he traded a saturn he had straight up for the truck. Like i said, its a 99. Got a 4.0, and an automatic. While trying to figure out a name for it, i jokingly suggested cutting all the "R"s off the badges and calling it the "anger".....and it stuck.

Tossed him some 31's i had laying around. Not in the greatest shape, but will do him better than the meats that where on it.

The plans- We got a hp dana 44 front, and a 9in rear from a 79 F150. When those are getting put in a lift will be incorporated. He dreams of running 38s, but i think he will settle for 35s lol. He wants to do some sort of exo-cage. Plus bumpers, rockers, etc...

Heres how she looked when he got her

Within a week it got a newer body style front end and some aftermarket headlights

Didnt want to pay for a factory bumper that would just get smashed or replaced soon anyway, so this was birthed

Hes pretty good at makin stuff too. Hes got his Expedition loaded with front and rear snow plows, both of which he built. Both the expedition and the SV1000 ya see in one of those pics are turbo'ed, which he did all of (other that just the tuning on the bike i believe). He did most of the work to repair my tire carrier when i snapped that bastard in half. And with this bumper, he started teachin me to weld. He let me do quite a bit of welding on it, so we will see how good it holds up. Guys name is Bryan. Should be there with us at the April Fools run, so if ya see him youll know who the hell it is wheeling a Ranger with all the Jeep guys lol.

Post subject: Re: Project "Anger"
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:08 pm 
Sweet :2up: I look forward to wheeling with the danger ranger.Just tell him to leave the sway bar connected at all times.Ryan's blazer didn't hold up to well disco'd in the front:doh:

Post Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:45 am 
Tang Soo

I say that Bryan should TREC race it! That is nearly a perfect platform!

mac 'known Bryan for years' gyvr

My idea of a perfect vacation is a road trip through beautiful country. To make it really fun, all that's needed is a modified vehicle, a few close friends, and some serious off-roading. Cole Quinnell - Editor, 4WOR, Dec 99
My Drinking Team has a Racing Problem

Post Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:51 am 
After a solid front axle swap, that'll be a sweet little rig! And awesome work on the front bumper!

Post Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:25 am 
Jeeper in IN

were trying to convince him to take that plastic bed off for the badlands run but he wants nothing to do with it. he likes the bed to much to take it off. well im sure he isnt going to like it after he smacks a tree this weekend

4" rough country suspension lift 2" bds body lift ford 8.8 rear dana 30 front 33x12.50x15 bfg m/t with 15x8 procomp soft 8's 8000lb smitty built winch
dd saturn vue

Post Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:44 pm 
04willys wrote:
were trying to convince him to take that plastic bed off for the badlands run but he wants nothing to do with it. he likes the bed to much to take it off. well im sure he isnt going to like it after he smacks a tree this weekend

The bedsides are all that's fiberglass on those, the rest is steel, but they are really easy to remove, and put back on. I'm with you, pull them for the trip, and put them back on when you get home! If he does get into a tree with one of those bedsides, they seem to explode with damage! What appears to be just a little crack on the outside, will actually be over a foot of area on the backside that's shattered, and is no longer structurally sound! I say pull em'! Fork it! Run it flat bed/ BAJA style!

Post Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:39 pm 
Male nurse in training

He's bringing that down to the badlands with us this weekend?

Post Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:42 pm 
95YJMan wrote:

i hope so, from what i have read he is. :)

Post Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:31 am 
95YJMan wrote:

ya

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Projects, Build Threads, Pictures, Videos