Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Projects, Build Threads, Pictures, Videos

Post subject: project "willy"
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:17 pm 
Jeeper in IN

hard to call it something other than that since its a willys addition and it says it on the side of my jeep but here is from about day one when i bought it 4 years ago

bone stock it was a good learning experience

threw on some 31" mastercraft at's

i used to break the number one rule alot and wheeled alone so i through on an xrc8 winch

then i threw on a 2" lift suspension that i did all by myself with absolute zero knowledge of cars other than oil and break changes

well 2 inches wasnt enough so it got a 2" body lift and still with 31" it looked goofy as hell with that setup but still fun

saved all my pennies and bought some brand new 33" bfg mud terrains and pro comp soft 8's

flexin it out at odaniel

decided i wanted more flex so i cut the flares off

then the 4" rough country short arm kit went in

this hunk a junk came out

and this big bastard went in

and this is how it is today

4" rough country suspension lift 2" bds body lift ford 8.8 rear dana 30 front 33x12.50x15 bfg m/t with 15x8 procomp soft 8's 8000lb smitty built winch
dd saturn vue

Post subject: Re: project "willy"
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:23 pm 
Jeeper in IN

its weird going through the older pics and remembering how inexperienced i was, not that im a pro today but i've learned so much since day one

that picture about putting 31" at's is in slade kentucky i would love to go back but when i think about the trails we did i crawled them very slow, today i would have flown through them and probably wouldnt worry at all but back then i was scared everytime the wheel popped off the ground just a little bit

4" rough country suspension lift 2" bds body lift ford 8.8 rear dana 30 front 33x12.50x15 bfg m/t with 15x8 procomp soft 8's 8000lb smitty built winch
dd saturn vue

Post Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:30 pm 
Jeeper in IN

here is my new to me bumper and a recently crinkled fender

dd saturn vue

Post Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:55 pm 
Thread Necromancer

04willys wrote:
hard then i threw on a 2" lift suspension that i did all by myself with absolute zero knowledge of cars other than oil and break changes

Good that you knew how to change something that breaks...

Looks good :2up:
Its always cool to look back and see your progress.

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works, yeah, still have those parts.
'14 Chebby Silverado, 4x4
'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!

Post Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:06 pm 
Jeeper in IN

new project in the works the 8.8 is gettin a detroit soft locker found one for 600 shipped and 4.88 ring and pinion along with rebuild kit 250 shipped. now the front i found some used 4.88's and still torn about the front locker. i might save some pennies and go aussie instead of a true trac. should be done before the haspin trip and i cant wait for all four wheels spinnin all the time!

i have spare shafts no worries!

dd saturn vue

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Projects, Build Threads, Pictures, Videos