Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Projects, Build Threads, Pictures, Videos

Post subject: Cheap D30 truss from Rustys
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:50 pm 
Just saw this the other day, and for 25 bucks, you can't really go wrong! It's at least a good start to a decent truss setup! thought I'd share! http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=rustys&Product_Code=ADS-99&Category_Code=BP-B_S

Post subject: Re: Cheap D30 truss from Rustys
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:19 am 
cant get it to open on the crappy work computer, but if its the one im thinking of, its just a piece of plate metal with rustys logo. Seems to me like a clever way for them to get people to pay to advertise for them. You can get a piece of plate that size cheap at C. Henry steel. Im gonna use a piece of c-channel on the racer and the tj

EDIT** Not to mention, i wouldnt trust that right uca mount for much structural integrity at all

Post subject: Re: Cheap D30 truss from Rustys
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:46 am 
Dick wrote:
cant get it to open on the crappy work computer, but if its the one im thinking of, its just a piece of plate metal with rustys logo. Seems to me like a clever way for them to get people to pay to advertise for them. You can get a piece of plate that size cheap at C. Henry steel. Im gonna use a piece of c-channel on the racer and the tj

EDIT** Not to mention, i wouldnt trust that right uca mount for much structural integrity at all

like I said, it would be a decent, pre fit start. I would box and gusset the uca mount, and call it a decent cheap truss. besides, doesn't everybody pay to advertise for all these companies? Everything comes with, and has stickers already on em"! I think the prefit part is what makes it worth while.

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Projects, Build Threads, Pictures, Videos