Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Projects, Build Threads, Pictures, Videos

Post subject: YEAH, I ALMOST DIED!!!
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:22 am 
well not really, but i guess itcould have happened if i hit any faster. i was coming home from work yesterday and i was behind a dumpster truck, now when i say behind i mean about 10 car lengths back. we are going down St. Joe Rd. and the truck hits a bump in the road dropping 5-7 baseball sized chunks of hard dirt mixed with rocks, the are bouncing all over the road. so i slow down, but it was not fast enough, one of the chunks is coming right for me. i closed my eyes and hoped for the best, i heard it hit and opened my eyes to this-

as you can see it was coming to take out my face, i thought i had a date with death. lol

i quickly punch the vortec down to catch the truck driver and pull his ass over, he was a nice guy and called his el conquistador right away. i talked to his el conquistador on the phone and all he had to say was " this stuff happens all the time, i am not going to pay for it" in a very dickish way. so i got all the info i could thinking the only way i am getting them to pay for this is small claims court. i drove it home looking out the pass. side with glass falling all over the dash with every bump i hit.

then the wife comes home and sees it and says give me the phone number, about 15 min's after the glass was payed for and the appointment was set for replacement. i could not beleive it, i guess its the power of the P.U.S.S.Y. lol

a few more pictures of the damage-

i think the tint held it all togeather and might have saved my life, or at least my teeth. lol

Post subject: Re: YEAH, I ALMOST DIED!!!
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:46 pm 
Dirty tranny

:eek2: wow lucky man you are
glad they are taking care of it for you. i gotta think you are also lucky they will pay!!!!

BE GOOD AT IT!!!!![/color]

GOD,
grant me the serenity to accept the impossible trails i cannot crawl, the courage to crawl the twisted trails i can, and the wisdom to keep the tire side down!

Post Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:08 pm 
freezes his batteries off

It's always their responsibility if it was not loaded properly. If this happens to any one else take a pic of the load and how much is above the side rails.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:27 pm 
Dirty tranny

99stompertj wrote:
It's always their responsibility if it was not loaded properly. If this happens to any one else take a pic of the load and how much is above the side rails.

:2up: good tip

BE GOOD AT IT!!!!![/color]

GOD,
grant me the serenity to accept the impossible trails i cannot crawl, the courage to crawl the twisted trails i can, and the wisdom to keep the tire side down!

Post Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:30 pm 
Throw a brick at your hood, then have the wife call them back and tell them you found more damage, then bring her out, and I can repaint your hood for ya on their dime! :tu2: :?

Post Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:32 pm 
hairy man boobs ....It's phuced up :o

Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:22 am 
Jeeper in IN

I would keep your eyes open....this sounds like some final destination shit there...lol

6" teraflex longarm lift
arb winch bumper/no winch YET
bought as is, but will never be done!!!

Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:14 am 
damn man, that sux! Luckily though, windshields are safety glass. They are made to crack as much as they want but not actually break. Now, if it was big enough and moving fast enough, it definitely could go through the window. But its harder than youd think to put something through that kinda glass.

Good job getting it covered though. Theres no way something that large should have been able to fall out unless it was properly loaded. And im pretty sure most dump trucks have a cover that can be put down over full loads to help contain them. Perhaps he shoulda had that down

Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:28 pm 
Male nurse in training

well at least it wasn't the Jeep... i had sometihng like that happen when i had my 93 cherokee, put a nice dent in my factory front bumper.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:20 pm 
Thread Necromancer

Mr.ChevyFatBagz wrote:
i think the tint held it all togeather and might have saved my life, or at least my teeth. lol

What Dick said, the windshields are safety glass, its some strong shit. If you're around when they replace the windshield, take a close look, there is a think layer of plastic in the middle with two pieces of glass bonded to either side, kind of like a clear peanut butter sandwich.

And like FF said, in Indiana they are required to cover thier loads, and they are responsible for any damage done if they lose any of thier load. Glad your wife got it straighted out!

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works, yeah, still have those parts.
'14 Chebby Silverado, 4x4
'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!

Post Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:54 pm 
that sucks glad your OK

Post Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:11 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Me and Dad had a DT drop a rock and bust the windshield in his F-150 down in NC on HWY 410. We were traveling in opposite directions and we had a load on us so we could never catch the guy. Defiantly sucks. Glad your alright. Also glad you were able to get them to cover it. Sounds like your wife is not one to mess with.

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Projects, Build Threads, Pictures, Videos