Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Projects, Build Threads, Pictures, Videos

Post subject: Here's what I did on my day off
 Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:08 pm 
Male nurse in training

Truck is still down, but won't be here shortly, just need to get the other side put back together. so the KJ got called into tow duty
We left the house empty but came home with this on the trailer..
Its a 2007 John Deere LA100 5 speed mower..the people I bought it from threw in the rear bagger also..
However I think I'm gonna take the bagger off for now. I can use it for leaf pick up in the fall can't I? Image

I'm in the market for a snow plow for the front..other than that I"m gonna clean it up and just plain old take care of it. I have all of next week off and I'm actually looking forward to mowing the lawn.

"nothing runs like a deere"

Post subject: Re: Here's what I did on my day off
 Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:38 pm 
Furry Fetish

Reynolds will have just about anything John Deere.

http://www.reynoldsfarmequipment.com/

I see it has the beer holder. A needed option!

Momma didn't raise no fool.

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:55 pm 
Jeeper in IN

If it ain't red keep it in the shed

*OLD RED* 1990 xj*4.0*30x9.5x15*(sold)
*ZOMBIE HUNTER*1997 ZJ*5.2*24 lb injectors*msd ignition*taurus cooling fan upgrade*
*OLD WHITE*mud truck*1977*GMC stepside 1 ton*383 stroker*39.5x13.50x16 ss iroks*

Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:32 am 
Thread Necromancer

try to find a snow blower instead of a plow for it, will be a lot more effective...

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works, yeah, still have those parts.
'14 Chebby Silverado, 4x4
'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!

Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 2:33 am 
Tang Soo

Feel free to come over and mow my yard anytime you want :)

mac 'Boogers and shit!!' gyvr

My idea of a perfect vacation is a road trip through beautiful country. To make it really fun, all that's needed is a modified vehicle, a few close friends, and some serious off-roading. Cole Quinnell - Editor, 4WOR, Dec 99
My Drinking Team has a Racing Problem

Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:35 pm 
Male nurse in training

kennedy wrote:
try to find a snow blower instead of a plow for it, will be a lot more effective...

I did, they are like 1,300 as where the plow is 200. I don't know we'll have to see

macgyvr wrote:
Feel free to come over and mow my yard anytime you want :)

mac 'Boogers and shit!!' gyvr

I would so be up for that however I would have to take part of my fence down again to get it back out of my backyard

"42 inch mower deck"

Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:23 pm 
Thread Necromancer

You need a wider gate!

As for the blower vs. plow, keep an eye out on craigslist, etc. That tractor really isn't heavy enough to push much snow with a plow, even with a blower you'd want to add wheel weights and/or hanging weights off the back. I found a blower on craigslist for my JD for about $300, there are deals out there. Even if you see someone selling a tractor that includes the blower, message them and inquire about just buying the blower.

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"

Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 2:00 pm 
Tang Soo

lol, yes you need a wider gate!

mac 'I think my cub is only 38 inches' gyvr

My idea of a perfect vacation is a road trip through beautiful country. To make it really fun, all that's needed is a modified vehicle, a few close friends, and some serious off-roading. Cole Quinnell - Editor, 4WOR, Dec 99
My Drinking Team has a Racing Problem

Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:34 am 
Male nurse in training

kennedy wrote:
You need a wider gate!

As for the blower vs. plow, keep an eye out on craigslist, etc. That tractor really isn't heavy enough to push much snow with a plow, even with a blower you'd want to add wheel weights and/or hanging weights off the back. I found a blower on craigslist for my JD for about $300, there are deals out there. Even if you see someone selling a tractor that includes the blower, message them and inquire about just buying the blower.

Right on, I wish a lot of the snow blower's where interchangeable between the different john deere's. Researching the different info on the blower's that john deere has made over the years get's annoying to find out it won't fit one's model of mower.. but so far craigslist has been good to me with some of the deals I have gotten on it.

Once I get my privacy fence installed I should have a big enough gate to fit my mower and truck and trailer through..

Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 6:14 am 
Lights fires at 3am & makes syrup

Good looking lawn tractor. Nice they threw in the bagger. And watch that cup-holder. Use a kozy on bottles. Mine tend to "walk out" when going too fast. lol.

As for the plow/snowblower debate, I wish I'd saved my money on the attachment and gotten a large walk-behind. The blower is HEAVY. I have it sitting on a furniture dolly/cart in the garage. Didn't get to use it last year. Cost too much to leave outside. Pain to hook up. Takes up as much garage real estate as the removed deck. A walk-behind I could have moved to the shed and swapped it with the push mower (I use it for the dog run) at the change of season. The blower is so heavy that once the thing is in the shed, it has to sit just the other side of the doorway because I can't move it any more and I can't lift it high enough to get on the dolly.

Now the plow..... Boogers and shit!!. I've actually used the plow. However, even my tractor is a little light for it (I have an x540). I spin the tires all the time. If I didn't have the locking diff, it would really be annoying. But, then again, I've never used the plow on snow. It's for dirt and gravel.

Anyways.... I would really look in to a decent walk behind. I think you'd be happier. Also, you don't have to hook the thing up to use it when you need it. You just put gas in and start clearing. Really, that's probably the biggest advantage.

Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:22 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Snowblower or plow?! Why are we even debating this? I say neither. This is a Jeep forum, right? 4-Lo and go in the snow! :)

Post Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:17 am 
Male nurse in training

08H3 wrote:
Snowblower or plow?! Why are we even debating this? I say neither. This is a Jeep forum, right? 4-Lo and go in the snow! :)

I would be all for that if my pick up wasn't 2wd, and trying to back a trailer in and out of the driveway with snow and ice.. :)

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:27 pm 
Male nurse in training

Here's some random updates, decided to take some photo's of the "mod's I have added while working in the garden this afternoon
I bought this home maintenance kit and put everything on and it seems to run a whole lot better now, not that it didn't run fine before though
Then in prep for winter I got this weight bracket
and two suitcase weights
I also found this key chain on ebay, I had just the key and was afraid I was going to loose it that way so I figured a keychain would be good

Thats it for now, I still have stuff i wanna buy so i will update when I get those items..

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:49 pm 
Thread Necromancer

Where did you get the weights and bracket? How much did they run you?

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:08 pm 
Lights fires at 3am & makes syrup

Do you find that the weight bracket gets in the way of attaching the trailer?

And/or, is it high enough that you could still use a ball adapter (ie, a hitchhauler adapter with a ball on it)?

I use both, regularly. The regular trailer for hauling around the logs and the ball for the splitter. I also use the hitch adapter to attach the log chains when I need to pull something down in the woods that I don't want to drive the truck to. That's why I ask.

To give you an idea....

Sometimes I wonder if I should have gotten the weights instead of (or in addition to) the chains...... Or should I just go out and get the weights..... Or should I just shutup and deal.... Or....

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:06 pm 
Male nurse in training

Well I got myself a 10P dump cart today for it, it tows pretty good around the yard, I haven't really put anything to heavy in it but it will get used to finish my trailer parking in the back yard and I'm sure it will get used for work in my garden.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:21 pm 
Male nurse in training

Who is ready for mowing season! My deere and I are! I still want to get some more stuff for my tractor however I still want to add a second heavier duty John deere to my fleet.
I ran to the dealer today to pick up some oil and I couldn't resist the photo op next to a 4640..
Did some last minute chores with the old oil..
Then hauled the deck around from the shed..
Changed the oil..
Then installed deck.

i wiped the whole tractor down and cleaned everything up, it was still pretty dirty from "fall leaf harvest" She's now looking good and ready to mow! I should be able to start mowing next weekend as long as everything isn't wet..

Post Posted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:23 pm 
Male nurse in training

Well I recently picked up a second tractor to take some load off my LA100. I picked up this 1982 John Deere 210. It needs a little work, mostly just stuff like cleaning, fluid fest, tune up. I believe it currently has a safety switch issue with the PTO. Once I tackle that she should be running good. My plan is to just use the LA100 for mowing, and the 210 for my garden and heavy work around the property. I have already found so many implements I want to buy for the 210 including a cab. Just have to get them approved by the finance committee. Anyway here's some photos

Shoved it in front of my CJ for the time being. I can't wait to get it going and start tilling with it.

Post Posted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:24 pm 
Likes dudes pitching tents

Nice bench grinder!

"McDonald's was giving me the run-around, so you can understand where that's coming from," -- Moore

"I'm eating my McDonald's. I come outside. I see this girl going nuts trying to get out of a house." -- Charles Ramsey

“My reaction, I mean, I’m kinda scarred. I want to, you know, I want to be able to know more, you know, cause I having a son and I’m about to raise him right in this house so when you guys tell me a dead body, I’m like, you know, I’ve never seen no activity, you know, for nothing bad… I don’t know,” -- Ciera Richter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KANI2dpXLw

Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2017 8:54 pm 
Male nurse in training

Thanks dude!

Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:51 am 
Male nurse in training

Here's some more updates on my 210. So far I have like I said, have changed the oil and bought a new to me throttle cable.

Here's some other stuff. Bought my first fun mod for it, a front weight bracket, I'm pretty happy with it

Only have two weights for it currently

I also replaced the broken gas cap with a new one from the dealer, I can actually read it now!

Along with the throttle cable replacement, it got a new, pto switch, trans neutral safety switch, new ignition switch, and a new ignition solenoid. Hope to not have to worry about any of that stuff for awhile.

I also picked up a few manuals for it, owners manual, parts catalog, service manual and a tiller manual since that's the main attachment I want for it.

And currently it runs pretty good, but give it throttle and it kinda does this surging thing, forums and Facebook groups tell me it's probably air getting in by the throttle shaft. So I got a new one of those, and a carb rebuild kit. Hope to tackle that next week.

This coming weekend, I hope to pick up a tiller that comes with a rear lift and everything since I don't have any of that. As long as the guy still has it. If not I will have to keep looking!

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Projects, Build Threads, Pictures, Videos