Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Projects, Build Threads, Pictures, Videos

Post subject: Black Bear Pass for Mac
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:37 pm 
Mjr. Member Growth

This is the come to Jesus part of Black Bear Pass that you asked about. . Yes it is scarier than it looks in pictures. The town of Telluride is in the background and if you miss the turn at the bottom of this part you get there really fast.
I was stopped waiting for the Dualsport riders to get down the tricky part, their bikes were not geared low enough for them to creep down the trail. They were having some difficulties with the rocks and the holes in the trail.
I rolled down a bit farther and you can see the guy on the bike was having issues, he pissed himself just as I was taking the photo. I was where he was at in the photo inching down the slope when I was passed on the left by another guy on a Dualsport bike. It scared the crap out of me. In Colorado trails like this are called county roads and show up on Garmin Maps which helps you find your way.
This was looking back up the hill to the turn at the bottom from the first of the hairpin turns.
The bikers had one of the group fall crossing the stream between the two falls. The guy in the photo was a hiker who walked up from Telluride.
This photo is From Imogene Pass above Telluride looking down to the waterfall(second highest in CO) that you drive over coming down on Black Bear Pass, you can see the zig zag of the trail after the falls. There are two waterfalls that you drive through the water that feeds them going up Black Bear Pass.

Ken

Post subject: Re: Black Bear Pass for Mac
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:36 am 
Particle Man

That looks fun, in the scary way. :tu2:

Knowledge is Power.
Power Corrupts.
Study Hard and Be Evil.

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way you are a mile away and you have their shoes when you criticize them.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:55 am 
Tang Soo

Awesome!

mac 'one of these days' gyvr

My idea of a perfect vacation is a road trip through beautiful country. To make it really fun, all that's needed is a modified vehicle, a few close friends, and some serious off-roading. Cole Quinnell - Editor, 4WOR, Dec 99
My Drinking Team has a Racing Problem

Post Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:14 pm 
Pap's mirror

macgyvr wrote:
Awesome!

mac 'one of these days' gyvr

yup :tu2:

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:03 pm 
Tang Soo

Been back a week from Moab. Had a blast!

mac 'truely a Jeep mecca' gyvr

My idea of a perfect vacation is a road trip through beautiful country. To make it really fun, all that's needed is a modified vehicle, a few close friends, and some serious off-roading. Cole Quinnell - Editor, 4WOR, Dec 99
My Drinking Team has a Racing Problem

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Projects, Build Threads, Pictures, Videos