Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Projects, Build Threads, Pictures, Videos

Post subject: The Bonnell Road Run
 Post Posted: Sun May 22, 2016 10:24 pm 
Male nurse in training

My wife and I recently made another trip to southern Indiana to check out some old county roads. Had a pretty good time. My Toyota friend joined us in his Tacoma which made it nice.
Anyway we stopped off in Portland Indiana for some breakfast, and found this abandon Walmart
Then made it to the small town of Guilford Indiana the start of our old road travels and met up with Adam
An old covered bridge we got to drive across
Here's the start of our travels, Bonnell Road!
It was raining the start of the day, and if you look close, you can see a chicken taking shelter under this old truck!
We pulled off to check the map, and my Jeep radar spotted a old full size jeep truck!
One of the tunnels on the road..
Cruising on down the road
a cool shot I thought..
and our first creek crossing of the day and on the road
Adam making his way on the cement pad thing, which kinda seemed like it was starting to fall into sad shape..
a shot from sitting on the slab, down the creek
Then into a tunnel, some rather interesting writings in places :lol:
shot of my jeep coming out
along the road, people had made trails everywhere, some crazy hill climbs, that left me wondering people try and drive up these?
someones body bag...actually i think it was a piece of carpet, but still funny..
Adam posing in the tunnel
My heep!
Further on down the road.. crossing some tracks. the cement slab after these.. take it slow theres a drop off :lol:
We get to our next creek crossing, stopping to check it out first..
Adam has first go..
not to deep at all
I made it across too, and we stop to take some photos
the rocks were cool
and we move on and do our final crossing of the road, which was kinda a neat one, little more rocky..
coming up and out
kinda a little flex :lol:
pass through a final tunnel
and hit the end of the road
figuring out our next plan of action
We do another loop around the town and pull over to pick another area to run
We then hit North east Prong road in Cannan Indiana I believe it was. Another cool one, at the start
mostly gravel
and cement slab water crossings
Thats my Jeep!
Adam following behind coming across
Our rigs posing, looking good
another crossing
and finishing up the road
we then start "bee camp" road, which was "roughest" of the roads we ran, you didn't need 4x4 but the crossing were rocky and steep.. but at start of the road, jeep radar goes off and I spot a lifted waggy
For some reason i didn't get any photos of the road, the road seems to do that to people, as friends that have ran it "forget" to take photos. The area just kinda has a weird energy about it, takes you back in time almost to a simpler time I thought, but it ends right at the ohio river pretty much, kinda cool..
right at the exit of it
We decide to call it a day, and my wife and I make the trip to Hooters in Indy before heading home

All in all, it was a dang good time, when I say I want to move to the country, thats the kinda place I picture! No cell service, high speed internet, choking traffic or crap ton of people. Jeep county!

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Projects, Build Threads, Pictures, Videos