Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » CJ, YJ, TJ, JK, LJ Tech (Short Wheelbase)

Post subject: Radiator question
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:13 pm 
Baby puncher

I ordered a 2 row all aluminum radiator for the heap. It came and it's a 1 row. They sent a replacement and it's a 1 row too. Should I just drop the hassle and go with the one row? Will cooling be sufficient? Or bitch til I get the right one?

Post subject: Re: Radiator question
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:23 pm 
Lights fires at 3am & makes syrup

I'd get at least a 2-row.

My current is a 3-row, but it makes the motor run too cool most of the time.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:31 pm 
freezes his batteries off

Get what you want and paid for! I am one the third try at the powder coater with the main part of the rear bumper Blue made. It had overspray of white on it the first time and the second time it had two spots where there was bare steel from the hooks they used to hang it. I can't understand how the front and tire carrier section were done great the first time and they can't seem to get the rear part right!!

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:52 pm 
Baby puncher

Technically I paid the price for a 1 row, even though the description said 2 row. So now I have 2 one row radiators sitting in my living room...lol.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:56 pm 
spackled

Get what you want and paid for!

We just got a three core, all brass, (no plastic tanks) for the XJ. Cost a little more, ($180 w/shipping) but I've had several of the factory style, with the plastic tank leak at the connection between the tank and core. And yes, the three core does run a little cooler. The down side of that is that it keeps the operating temp. below the point where the computer switches to "closed loop" mode with the O2 sensor, so milage suffers a little.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:32 pm 
Baby puncher

The "right" one they sent me had a different part number. They tried to tell me the tubes were larger. Well I put them side by side and the tubes on the original one were larger. I'm gonna run it and see how it does. They said if I am unhappy with the performance I can return it for a full refund.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:06 pm 
Pap's mirror

mudpuppy wrote:
The "right" one they sent me had a different part number. They tried to tell me the tubes were larger. Well I put them side by side and the tubes on the original one were larger. I'm gonna run it and see how it does. They said if I am unhappy with the performance I can return it for a full refund.

so you gotta send the other 1 back on your own cost?

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:22 pm 
Baby puncher

no, they gave me a pickup label to ship it back with.

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » CJ, YJ, TJ, JK, LJ Tech (Short Wheelbase)