Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » CJ, YJ, TJ, JK, LJ Tech (Short Wheelbase)

Post subject: 33 or 35
 Post Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:35 pm 
Likes redheads from Disneyworld

Ok. Here is my thinking...I have 2 rear tires that need replaced sometime this summer, the fronts will be fine for awhile. I have Goodyear MTRs that are 33x12.5x15. I can very easily get 2 more 33s and that is the end of the story, but I am considering going to 35x12.5x15. I think I have the room with my 3" BDS suspension lift, but not sure if I will rub when flexing/turning. I need to "borrow" a 35 on a 15x8 rim and see what happens. When I would make the change I would also need to buy 4 tires vs. 2 tires ($$) Another problem would be mounting the spare on the back. The 33 rests on the rear bumper now and a 35 would not allow the gate to close, so I would need a different carrier. I could just use a 33 for a spare and that is a good possibility too. I realize the extra weight on the dana 35 might be too much, but according to Goodyear numbers the 35 only weighs 5lbs more. Is this enough weight to matter. I would go wheeling the same place as you guys do, the badlands, giraffe genitals, around the farm field behind my house, etc.

I am looking to bounce ideas of of you all, so please let me know what you would do. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: 33 or 35
 Post Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:23 pm 
just add an inch to to the top of your flexed out 33's and that will tell ya if they are gona rub, don't see a need to mount anouther tire with the same rim specs.

Post Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 3:25 am 
what it was before for all i care

I have ran 35's on 2 jeeps my last and my current, and have had no issues. As long as you drive with common sense and take it easy on the skinny peddal you will be just fine. The last jeep i had was open diffs and the current one is locked front and rear. Just come back from the badlands today and had zero issues running the 35's on the d35. And on a side not i have 35" MTRs on my jeep if you want to throw one on. Just let me know... :tu2:

Post Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:02 am 
Summit racing sent me 3 inch backspaced rims instead of the 4 inch that I ordered, and I didn't notice/didn't matter till I went from 32's to 33's. If you have a steering issue, you can just do what I did, and throw a few washers on your steering stop bolts to limit your steering/keep them out of your control arms.

Post Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:58 pm 

sounds good guys. I am still thinking about it.

Post Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:24 am 

I decided to stay with 33s for now. I could not find the new MTRs this weekend at Lima, but I did order 2 from 4wheelparts for $200 each. Here is a teaser picture from the Goodyear website. I will get more pics when they are on the Jeep.

Post Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:00 pm 
Thread Necromancer

Are those a directional tire?

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works.
'08 Dodge 2500, 6.7 Cummins, 4x4
'78 GMC 4x4 short bed
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!

Post Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:13 pm 
Likes dudes pitching tents

tommy_chunk wrote:
I decided to stay with 33s for meow. I could not find the new MTRs this weekend at Lima, but I did order 2 from 4wheelparts for $200 each. Here is a teaser picture from the Goodyear website. I will get more pics when they are on the Jeep.

Once you run those for awhile, let us know what you think about them. :tu2:

"McDonald's was giving me the run-around, so you can understand where that's coming from," -- Moore

"I'm eating my McDonald's. I come outside. I see this girl going nuts trying to get out of a house." -- Charles Ramsey

“My reaction, I mean, I’m kinda scarred. I want to, you know, I want to be able to know more, you know, cause I having a son and I’m about to raise him right in this house so when you guys tell me a dead body, I’m like, you know, I’ve never seen no activity, you know, for nothing bad… I don’t know,” -- Ciera Richter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KANI2dpXLw

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:06 am 

:tu2:

I hope they wear as well as the old MTRs I have now. I will be happy to test them for the group. Any doanations will be accepted! LoL

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:14 am 
freezes his batteries off

I would like to donate the use of your new tires on my Jeep to help test them!!

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » CJ, YJ, TJ, JK, LJ Tech (Short Wheelbase)