Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » CJ, YJ, TJ, JK, LJ Tech (Short Wheelbase)

Sell my CLEAN CJ5 for a YJ....
Poll ended at Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:33 am
Sell the low miles CJ for a High miles YJ 29%  29%  [ 4 ]
Sell the low miles CJ for an XJ.... LOL Just Kidding 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
Sell the low miles CJ for a TJ in the future 29%  29%  [ 4 ]
Keep the CJ forever and be burried in it at the Cemetery 29%  29%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 14

Post subject: Sell my CJ5 for a YJ?
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:33 am 
Wears purple gloves

I have an opportunity to buy a 94 YJ with 160,000 miles on it but all highway. Not a huge fan of the YJ but it could be a nice mid step to the newer jeeps and I would feel much better about my wife driving it to work and back. With a minimal expense I could put a lift on it and put some nice wheels/tires and actually not be afraid of wheeling it around. What do you guys think?

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7
1992 Toyota 4runner []
[color=#FFFFFF]1983 Jeep CJ5 258 I6 4 speed

Last edited by Tiptopcj5 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Sell my CJ5 for a YJ?
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:12 am 
Jeeper in IN

I sold my CJ5 right before I started college and bought a YJ. It wasn't too safe to be driven on the interstate and it would have probably not have made it to school (90+ miles) on one tank of gas among other little quirks.
That was 4 years ago... Granted, I'd have a hard time choosing between my YJ and that CJ now, but I still miss it. :doh:
Looking back, I made the correct and most practical decision with having to move to and from school and having to make regular trips across the state, either from Evansville to home or from home to Ft. Wayne. But I still miss it.

Turned out, the new owner brought it to my Dad's shop to fix the steering issues which were easily fixed by a brace on the steering box.

Last edited by Jerry D. on Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:41 am 
Tang Soo

If you decide to sell I might have an interested party.

mac 'where's the sell the cj for an xj option?' gyvr

My idea of a perfect vacation is a road trip through beautiful country. To make it really fun, all that's needed is a modified vehicle, a few close friends, and some serious off-roading. Cole Quinnell - Editor, 4WOR, Dec 99
My Drinking Team has a Racing Problem

Post Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:19 pm 
Wears purple gloves

Fixed it for ya!

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7
1992 Toyota 4runner []
[color=#FFFFFF]1983 Jeep CJ5 258 I6 4 speed

Post Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:28 am 
Pap's mirror

keep the cj. its paid for right. save up and find ya a tj later.

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Post Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:29 am 
Pap's mirror

trade: 2 jeeps for truck (fort wayne)
Date: 2010-04-22, 12:46AM EDT
Reply to: sale-vwcww-1704143129@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I've got a 99 Cherokee classic with 160k miles, excellent 4x4,auto, power everything great running jeep and a 97 wrangler 4x4 with 147k miles, 5spd, 3in lift, huge 35in tires on black American racing rims, half doors and water tight rag top. headlight rock guards, diamond plate covered rocker panels. Cherokee is in really nice shape, inside and out, wrangler has definitely seen the trails but is in pretty good shape, some little rust here and there, nothing that cant be covered up if needed. nice clutch.

want to trade both for a 2002 or newer dodge ram 1500 4x4 Prefer short bed. a plus if its lifted with good mud tires.

Must be 4x4 and 2002 or newer. I would also consider trading either for an older nice 1500. I would consider cash offers as well but im not looking to sell for any reason, just feel i dont need 2 vehicles and I need a truck.

I can send pics or stop out and look at them if you want, I'm on the northeastern side.

craigslist add. never know. all he can do is say no.

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Post Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:50 pm 
Tang Soo

PapsOldDually wrote:
trade: 2 jeeps for truck (fort wayne)
Date: 2010-04-22, 12:46AM EDT
Reply to: sale-vwcww-1704143129@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I've got a 99 Cherokee classic with 160k miles, excellent 4x4,auto, power everything great running jeep and a 97 wrangler 4x4 with 147k miles, 5spd, 3in lift, huge 35in tires on black American racing rims, half doors and water tight rag top. headlight rock guards, diamond plate covered rocker panels. Cherokee is in really nice shape, inside and out, wrangler has definitely seen the trails but is in pretty good shape, some little rust here and there, nothing that cant be covered up if needed. nice clutch.

want to trade both for a 2002 or newer dodge ram 1500 4x4 Prefer short bed. a plus if its lifted with good mud tires.

Must be 4x4 and 2002 or newer. I would also consider trading either for an older nice 1500. I would consider cash offers as well but im not looking to sell for any reason, just feel i dont need 2 vehicles and I need a truck.

I can send pics or stop out and look at them if you want, I'm on the northeastern side.

craigslist add. never know. all he can do is say no.

too bad sparky sold his truck...

:ThreadHijack:

mac ' :booty: 'gyvr

My idea of a perfect vacation is a road trip through beautiful country. To make it really fun, all that's needed is a modified vehicle, a few close friends, and some serious off-roading. Cole Quinnell - Editor, 4WOR, Dec 99
My Drinking Team has a Racing Problem

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » CJ, YJ, TJ, JK, LJ Tech (Short Wheelbase)