Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » CJ, YJ, TJ, JK, LJ Tech (Short Wheelbase)

Post subject: The new Trektop NX.........Issues.
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:06 pm 
Jeeper in IN

So I finally broke down and bought a new top.. The cheapest was the new NX of the trektop line from best top. So upon installation, Following the frame less directions to the letter. The last step would be to zip the rear window in place. So I tried, but to no avail the rear window seems to be almost 4" to narrow. So naturally it ripped the plastic window. The whole reason for me getting a new top was because the rear window was beyond repair from my previous top. So as my luck would have it, im back to square one. I have called and got very shity with both Morris 4x4 center.com and called bestop to see if I did in fact have the wrong window. Both places told me I should have ignored the instructions that say 3/4 of an hour installation including the assembly time! A bit of false advertising never hurt anyone right??! Well The fine jerk-face woman from bestop assured me i was wrong and did something to tear the window. I assured her that my 900+ member jeep club would be the first to hear of my plight. So here it is.

But I was curious if anybody on here has this top and if there was any issues with it? I know its a new product and there are going to be qwerks, but Cmon! Ill have pics soon to show what I'm talking about.

So if your going to order from either of these not so friendly customer service minded businesses, do your homework!

Attachments:
photo(3).JPG
photo(3).JPG [ 460.65 KiB | Viewed 8040 times ]
photo(2).JPG
photo(2).JPG [ 698.97 KiB | Viewed 8040 times ]
photo(1).JPG
photo(1).JPG [ 468.03 KiB | Viewed 8040 times ]

31'' Muds, 33''s coming sooooon I hope.
Unemployed
Bad attitude

Post subject: Re: The new Trektop NX.........Issues.
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:18 pm 
Lights fires at 3am & makes syrup

There's a really long thread on jeepforum about this top.

Everyone seems to like it, but...... that it's a pita to install. Most refer to the back window as a major source of frustration. The recommendation? You've got to the fabric to stretch. It'll go.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:31 pm 
Jeeper in IN

i didnt notice there thread on this top. thanks for the heads up ill go look now since they are sending a new window. I did leave it in the house all day before installing it, and did it in the garage where its heated. its just a little rediculas to me that they couldnt make it a few more inches wider. the hard plastic that holds the window is even way to ef in short.

Unemployed
Bad attitude

Post Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:04 pm 
n00b
n00b

Like i said bro. Worst case scenario, now that ive seen what your talking about, Im confident that I can sew that and well get er to fit. god help you if you ever have to roll it down tho lmao

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:44 pm 
freezes his batteries off

That window is probably so tight to prevent flapping while driving. I like the look for the Trek top!

Post Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:05 pm 
Jeeper in IN

99stompertj wrote:
That window is probably so tight to prevent flapping while driving. I like the look for the Trek top!

well as you hopefully can see from my awesome pictures........that I'm only able to zip up one side right now. I did get the replacement from Bestop, and its the same frigging one. Anyways, even with only one side zipped up the top does not flap around like my old sunrider did. Its supper nice and is barley noticeable while driving. Just boggles my mind that they made the whole rear setup 4" to narrow.

Unemployed
Bad attitude

Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:43 pm 
n00b
n00b

Does having that top comfortable during the summer season? I kinda find it how whenever I driver under the sun.

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » CJ, YJ, TJ, JK, LJ Tech (Short Wheelbase)