Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, Comanche, Liberty Tech (Long wheelbase)

Post subject: What master cylinder for a cherokee 4 wheel disc conversion.
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:48 pm 
Does anyone know what master cylinder and proportioning valve I need. I have a 98 Cherokee sport and I am putting a dana 44 in the front and a ford 9" in the rear. The rear has drums and I am going to convert it to disc. I plan to get a second set of calipers and rotors for the 44 and use a custom made bracket that welds to the axle housing. I just need to know what master cylinder will work for this setup and what proportioning valve I will need.

Thank you in advance for your input!

Post subject: Re: What master cylinder for a cherokee 4 wheel disc conversion.
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:14 pm 
Thread Necromancer

you should be fine with your stock mastercylinder, and probably your proportioning valve. If you find that you want to adjust your braking, go to a race shop and buy an adjustable proportioning valve to tune it in where you want it.

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works.
'08 Dodge 2500, 6.7 Cummins, 4x4
'78 GMC 4x4 short bed
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!

Post subject: Re: What master cylinder for a cherokee 4 wheel disc conversion.
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:04 pm 
Tang Soo

lots of peps out there will say that you need to swap stuff out but anything that is the bigger xj master cylinder, ie 1995 and newer should work fine. i'm still running a stock 1995 xj master cylinder on my 95 with a d60 front with dual pistion calipers and an eaton (before they made a 14 bolt) with 1/2 chevy calipers and its work great! i've made no modifications to the master cylinder or proportioning valve...

mac 'and have no intent to upgrade to anything else at this point' gyvr

My idea of a perfect vacation is a road trip through beautiful country. To make it really fun, all that's needed is a modified vehicle, a few close friends, and some serious off-roading. Cole Quinnell - Editor, 4WOR, Dec 99
My Drinking Team has a Racing Problem

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, Comanche, Liberty Tech (Long wheelbase)