Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, Comanche, Liberty Tech (Long wheelbase)

Post subject: 99 Cherokee Heating
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:39 pm 
Jeeper in IN

99 Cherokee sport,4.0,auto. My heat does not blow hot. Fan and switch work. Does this mean I need a new heater core? or are there other elements I am missing? Thanks
Mike

Post subject: Re: 99 Cherokee Heating
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:57 am 
Male nurse in training

dude it was almost 90 today Boogers and shit!!

Are you smelling anitfreeze any where inside the Jeep? When mine went bad on the YJ it leaked all over inside the jeep...

Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:01 am 
Jeeper in IN

Is the jeep up to temp? Could also be the blend door not switching over to the heat side.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:36 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Haha, Yea I am aware of the current temperature. I don't smell antifreeze in the Jeep. And yes it was up to opperating temp. No heat or AC. I recharged the AC with stop leak and it blew cold for awhile. I know that means I have a leak somewhere. I will have to take it in for someone to test and find the leak. Would that also affect the heat? Thanks
Mike

Post Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:42 pm 
Jeeper in IN

I have a similar issue with my 96. Air works and heat at defrost blows hot but when I put it on the floor heat it won't blow hot air. If it is some kind of blend door issue I can't find anything on the 96 giving that info but plenty on 98 and up online. Good luck.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:42 pm 
Male nurse in training

You still having this problem?

Post Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:24 pm 
Jeeper in IN

95YJMan wrote:
You still having this problem?

Yea, still having the issue. I took off the hoses to the heater core and ran hose water thorugh both ends. Still not getting heat.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:26 pm 
Jeeper in IN

cherokeescott wrote:
I have a similar issue with my 96. Air works and heat at defrost blows hot but when I put it on the floor heat it won't blow hot air. If it is some kind of blend door issue I can't find anything on the 96 giving that info but plenty on 98 and up online. Good luck.

I think you may have an issue with your switch. When the switch goes out it will automatically default to the defrost mode. Think its a safety thing, so youre not driving with a foggy windsheild. Correct me if Im wrong guys.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:03 am 
Baby puncher

check to see if the heater valve is stuck...little valve on one of the heater hoses before it goes into the firewall.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:46 am 
n00b
n00b

During the summer heat I experience the same thing. But I don't complain since the temperature outside is relatively hot. But the problem is my air-conditioning unit does not perform well. Is there a way that I can increase the power of my air-conditioning unit without spending too much on replacement parts.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:35 am 
Likes dudes pitching tents

adrianglock wrote:
During the summer heat I experience the same thing. But I don't complain since the temperature outside is relatively hot. But the problem is my air-conditioning unit does not perform well. Is there a way that I can increase the power of my air-conditioning unit without spending too much on replacement parts.

Get it checked out and charged

"McDonald's was giving me the run-around, so you can understand where that's coming from," -- Moore

"I'm eating my McDonald's. I come outside. I see this girl going nuts trying to get out of a house." -- Charles Ramsey

“My reaction, I mean, I’m kinda scarred. I want to, you know, I want to be able to know more, you know, cause I having a son and I’m about to raise him right in this house so when you guys tell me a dead body, I’m like, you know, I’ve never seen no activity, you know, for nothing bad… I don’t know,” -- Ciera Richter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KANI2dpXLw

Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:03 am 
Particle Man

I had an issue with my heater on my TJ last winter that it wouldn't blow as warm as I thought it should. I ended up changing the thermostat and that seemed to fix it.

Knowledge is Power.
Power Corrupts.
Study Hard and Be Evil.

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way you are a mile away and you have their shoes when you criticize them.

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, Comanche, Liberty Tech (Long wheelbase)