Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, Comanche, Liberty Tech (Long wheelbase)

Post subject: Radiator Hoses for an Cherokee Sport
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:09 am 
Jeeper in IN

So my Cherokee has a pinhole leak in a heater hose. But, all of the radiator hoses are so soft, that they are about 2 molecules from turning into liquid rubber. Almost all of them are custom molded shaped hoses. Are these pieces something I'll be able to pick up at local parts store, or am I forced to replace them with straight hose from parts store. I'm sure I will be able to get the 2 main radiator hoses, I am mainly concerned with all the small diameter hoses that run all over for the heater core bypass valve. should I order an entire set from somewhere? This is my D.D. piece of crap so I'm not too excited about putting a $150 silicone set on, just some decent stock pieces. By the way, it's a 1993 with a straight six and a 5 speed. Thanks for any input !

Post subject: Re: Radiator Hoses for an Cherokee Sport
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:02 pm 
spackled

You should be able to get the correct, shaped hoses at any auto parts store. They may need to order them though.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:43 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Cool, Thanks, guess I will get them ordered for the weekend...

Post Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:53 pm 
Jeeper in IN

OK, all 700 feet of radiator and heater hose are replaced and dry. How much of a chore is it to put a new blower motor in this thing?? My current one goes "EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH !!!!" (think fingernails across a chalkboard type noise) the entire time it is on, so it needs to be replaced before winter hits. I bought the motor at Oreilly's today, but I have no idea where to start....thinking about just wrapping a chain around the dash, then wrapping the other end to a tree and just ripping out the entire thing to work on it...

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, Comanche, Liberty Tech (Long wheelbase)