Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » Scout, Ford, Chevy & Dodge full size tech

Post subject: How hard is it? ha
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:13 am 
Male nurse in training

My truck needs new brakes in all four corners, however from what my haynes manual is talking about it sounds like its gonna kinda be a pain in the butt for the front? Its talking about removing wheel bearings in order to get the front brake rotor off. Which is fine I guess because I wanna replace and re grease new wheel bearings. However, is all that gonna be a pain in the butt?

The truck is a 05 2wd F350 for reference if thats needed...

Its gonna be going in the ford dealer for a trans flush before a trip I'm taking next month..didn't know if would just be easy to let the dealer mess with the brakes though I think that would be expensive.

Post subject: Re: How hard is it? ha
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:43 am 
Tang Soo

just like repacking bearings...

shouldn't be too difficult.

are you sure the rotors need changed?

it might just need pads.

mac 'let me know if i can help' gyvr

My idea of a perfect vacation is a road trip through beautiful country. To make it really fun, all that's needed is a modified vehicle, a few close friends, and some serious off-roading. Cole Quinnell - Editor, 4WOR, Dec 99
My Drinking Team has a Racing Problem

Post subject: Re: How hard is it? ha
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:54 pm 
Male nurse in training

I've never really worked on something that I had repack the bearings. I'll give it a try, I wanted to replace the rotors at least up front because it looks like the way the front is set up its all one hub/disc assembly. I've got this rumbly/grindy noise when off the gas and coasting about 30 to 40 MPH. To me it sounds like a ungreased/ worn out bearing or hub thing lol if that make sense. It looks like the front rotors are going to be the most expensive so if I go and replace those I should probably just go and do the back because I think thats just a rotor that slides over this hub thing, that looks like it comes off like a dana 30 hub would...its a ford 10.50 I believe..

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » Scout, Ford, Chevy & Dodge full size tech